~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A chilly morning here in the Sierra foothills. I’m ready for another 24!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks everyone, for your support. I really appreciate all of your comments and most especially for all of you for simply being here. :heartbeat: I feel confident that I'll be able to get right back on track because I am really much happier when I am. Drinking just adds a layer of depression and anxiety and I surely don't need that. One thing I am doing that I feel is helping is watching less tv news!

Rava, that temperature checker job sounds like a perfect one for you!

24 more for all of us pls and thnx.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Mr. V congrats on the new car! Nothing like the smell of a new car!! QW, Glad your treatment went well and you should soon be back to normal, one step at a time. The volunteer job went well. It was cold and I left exhausted but definitely not bored. I already signed up to work in December. I learned that this food pantry used to be inside but due to Covid its now outside so it does make for some really cold work. Met some nice folks and it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Sitting home waiting for something to do does not work. I realized that I needed to get the hell off my couch and seek something to do. Wishing everyone a good day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

31F with a beautiful pink and red sunrise out the window right now.
          Hope you're feeling better today, Dill.
          Keeping moving forward, everyone. The only way out is through, as someone said here. I know g-man has repeated it often.
          24 more please

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I enjoy working outside [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], dress warm and enjoy all that fresh air! I find I get a way better sleep after spending the day outside...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Moving forward and through here today!

24 please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

21°F with a light blanket of snow on the ground.

So glad that you liked your first day of volunteering [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It will do you good to get out of the house!

I dodged a bullet when Mr. J and I were out to dinner with family last night. We had to wait at the bar for a table, and man, the cravings were horrendous. I just kept fast forwarding to how I would feel in the morning, and thankfully that worked. The worst part was when my brother -in-law kept trying to get me to drink. He is an alcoholic and had been sober for many years, but decided to pick up the bottle about a year ago. I kept thinking that I don't want to be that person or go down that road again! So grateful that I stuck with soda and water. No regrets this morning, but it was hard earned. Sometimes it's exhausting maintaining sobriety but it's definitely worth it!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

I guess I should be more thankful for schooling the kids during this pandemic. I get to see two of my gkids and there's never a dull moment!

Stay safe, stay well. 24 more!

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, glad the volunteer job is going well! That’s awesome, good for you.

Jude, great job staying strong and keeping the beast at bay. Too bad your b-i-l resumed drinking and shame on him for pressuring you to drink. We can choose to drink, if we want. But, we know what that one drink will do and it isn’t pretty.

Dill, I think we’d all be better off if we didn’t watch the news!!

I’m making Smarties (like M&Ms) & bolts for some of our Calgary family. My granddaughter has a nut allergy so I make theirs with Smarties instead of peanuts.

Have a great afternoon Wednesday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I read this online this morning and thought it was worth sharing.

May you have the courage to break the patterns in your life that are no longer serving you.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Making it happen. Another 24!
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

24 more please!

Comment

36F another nice sunrise.
                                Glad you stayed strong in that tough situation, Jude.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X