~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. So proud of you Jude. We all know how hard that struggle was and the fact that you won is amazing! Woke up to freezing temps. UGH. I just signed up again to work the food pantry again today. It makes me happy to have something to do. I will definitely be wearing my long johns today. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just read your post [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and it made me chuckle, I thought women wore "tights" and men wore "long john's" lol

Good going [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! As they say, "it works if you work it", and you were definitely working it!

Anyone else notice how bright Venus is lately, it lights up the area early in the morning up here in northeastern Alberta, especially with the snow on the ground! Don't even have to turn the outside light on for Hank when he goes out for his morning business which is around 4:45 these past few mornings...crazy dawg...
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 19, 2020, 07:31 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No Cowboy I have not noticed Venus, but will check out the night sky tonight if it remains clear. Thanks for the mention!

Jude, good for you holding strong when you were being pressured to drink. Who knows, maybe your actions will have a positive affect on you BIL and he'll get back on the wagon...

Brrr, Rava! definitely layer up!

Thanks for that excellent quote yesterday, QW. It was a good one for me.

Mr. V, how's it going with your work? Are you finding yourself to be pleased to be back at it?

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jude, good for you! I can imagine how hard that was and shame on BIL for goading you like that.

School day! 24 more....

Comment

6:02 am in Vegas another 24,I quit my salon job yesterday, I have to put in 3 more days but after that, that's it, place just hasn't been the same after we opened back up and the pressure is really getting to me, Vegas is probably headed for another round of closings for a bit anyways so at least I am better prepared, Jude good for you for avoiding the drinking, your brother in law should know better especially since he's struggled himself, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My granddaughter reduced my 20 day timeout to time served after she saw the photo I sent of the Smarties & bolts that are headed their way. Today I’m baking chocolate chip cookies to share with family and friends.

I’m glad you’re enjoying work at the food pantry Rava. Good for you to help such a worthwhile and necessary project. Bundle up! It’s cold here this morning too, -17C with the windchill.

I think I’ll get the camera out one of these mornings and take some shots of Venus. Thanks for the heads up Cowboy. We have a green space not far from the house with very little light pollution so I’ll probably go there.

Pauly, just read your post. Glad you’re prepared for the closings that are likely coming. I don’t think our leaders are doing enough to control the spread here and as Melbourne and the rest of Australia proved, a lockdown will stop it. Hope isn’t enough!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; November 19, 2020, 09:14 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

With gratitude it’s another 24!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Glad to see that everyone is doing well on this Friday morning!
                    [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]ywog... Sorry that you felt the need to quit your job, but as they say, "when one door closes, another one opens."

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, yesterday morning well before sunrise I did see a very bright object low in the sky, close to the horizon. I thought it was just so bright that it must be something manmade and close to the earth, altho I had no idea what. So this morning, I loaded a stargazing app onto my phone and pointed it up at the very bright object. It was Venus!

Pauly, I'm sorry your job lost it's enjoyment for you. I can understand that. One place I still go to these days is the public library. When I go there, I am usually the only patron in there, or maybe there is one other. It's in and out as quickly as possible as I usually just grab an item I have on the hold shelf. The librarians are all shielded behind huge sheets of plastic hanging from the ceiling. It's really quite depressing and I have often wondered how they deal with it. Are you going to stay with your delivery job?

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Ginger999 [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 20, 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, our library is closed. We went the other day and you have to order which books you want and sign up for pickup and they delivery the books to you through a hole in the door. So disappointing. We can go to Walmart, Lowes, etc but not the library. UGH. I’m sick of some of these rules. I think you can mask up and socially distance in a large library. Another crazy rule was in a clothing store I went to a few months ago, you can try on 5 items per day. If you want to try on a 6th item you have to come back the next day. Who is making up these rules. Anyway, Pauly, I’m sorry you are leaving your job but you know what makes you comfortable so hopefully you will find something within your comfort zone. Cowboy, I wear long Johns HAHA and I saw Venus last night. I was wondering what that bright light was. Thanks for clarifying that. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I couldn't see Venus this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], too cloudy, but it's very bright for some reason. It's in our southeastern sky, about 20 feet above the horizon lol

I think it's a good move for you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Is your daughter staying on, or thinking of leaving as well? I'm sure there are other salon's that would love to have you, and when the time is right, you'll find the one for you. If you're still going to do the delivery service, maybe you could consider being a mobile hairdresser? I know the care homes here in Vegreville allow a hairdresser in once a month to cut anyone's hair who wants it done.

Agree with you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], seems like the powers-that-be are afraid to take any firm measures to get the numbers back down. The Lodge here in Vegreville went back into lockdown Tuesday. No cases of Covid there, but there are cases confirmed in Vegreville so the management decided on another lockdown to try and protect the residents. I do agree with [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] when she said Covid is here to stay with it's highs and lows until a vaccine is tested and distributed.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; November 20, 2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Looks like a crosspost [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol. And I agree with you, some crazy restrictions and practices being put into place that don't make any sense at all.

Comment

Dill, I will keep my grocery delivery gig, as a matter of fact I would usually leave the salon early if a good one came up anyways so why bother paying booth rent when I'm only there a few hours anyways? Like Cowboy said when things settle down I'll likely find another salon to work in part time was watching an episode of NCIS New Orleans last night and a naval base got infected with a virus that was an act of terrorism, it's a show so luckily they found the antidote before one of their staff died who was infected, wish it was that easy with this coronavirus, just crazy how it reminded me of what's going on now, 5:22 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF Friday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X