~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Pauly, I'm sorry about your decision to leave the salon. If you aren't happy at work and you can do something else, I say do it! Life is too short. My granddaughter graduated and got her cosmo license just as covid hit. She's only been able to work since July at 25%. She's trying desperately to find a second job so she can stay in her apartment.

No school today so chores abound! Oh and I got a nasty rock chip in my new windshield yesterday so that needs a patch today. Good times ;>) 24 please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I have a Zoom meeting early this morning with the entrepreneur I’m mentoring. Looking forward to learn how her business is progressing.

Alberta set yet another record for new Covid cases yesterday. So sad to see the number of small businesses, especially restaurants, that have shut down permanently because of the effects of the virus. Our political leader is reluctant to put the province in lockdown as a way to protect the economy but if the virus keeps spreading, there will be fewer consumers to support the economy anyway. Bring on a vaccine!

We plan to drop off some goodies to our kids tomorrow. It’ll be a short, socially distant visit with everyone wearing masks. We still won’t get to hug the grandkids but at least we’ll get to see them, first time in person since September.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cattle Country. It’s another 24 for me!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Enjoy your quick visit with your grandkids, QW. It's amazing how even a short visit as you have described will help your and Mrs. Q's mental health.

Rava, our library reopened several months ago but it is nowhere near the sanctuary it once was for me. I do sometimes browse for a few minutes when I go in to pick up my hold shelf items. It's very easy to keep distant from others as there are only one or two people in the facility at a time, apart from the librarians. Seeing the library staff through a hazy plastic film makes me sad. Our numbers are going up dramatically in Ohio but our governor is not saying he will lockdown. He is imposing mask penalties and 10pm curfews. He is met with protest and threats when he attempts anything. At least he is not one of the hypocrites that says do as I say, not as I do. He appears to be following his own orders so I respect his efforts. I just think until the vaccine is widely available, we are stuck in this limbo.

24 more, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

52F with rain, for the next few days
            Urban Cowboy checking in, but I ain't no John Travolta.
            Sorry about the job, Pauly, but if it was causing stress, it's good to let it go. I do hope the lack of work doesn't cause another kind of stress for you. Only you know what's right for you, and it sounds like you made the right decision.
            As far as my work, Dill, only a few days a month, which is just right for me, lol. Doing a lot around the house, which has been neglected for years.
            I do have trouble getting myself motivated, still working on that, I should start with making my bed, lol.
            Who knew dogs could be stargazers, Cowboy?
            Glad the volunteer gig seems to be working for you, Rava. You too, QW.
            The Covid rules really don't make sense for a lot of things/people.
            24 more please

Comment

Good morning. Early check in for me. Two of my grandchildren are spending the night. I hope it goes well. They have not really been anywhere since March and the last time we were going to take them for the night we were sick. So this is our second attempt. Our cable and internet went out due to some construction and wont be fixed until Monday. Luckily, we figured out how to use our hot spot to make our Roku TVs work. Thanks Goodness. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Happy Saturday cafe!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:25 am in Vegas another 24,QW enjoy your visit Rava, enjoy the sleepover, kids without wifi can be a rough time! Glad the hotspot worked, up too early these past couple of days when I'm used to barely dragging myself outta bed usually oh well, wishing everyone a happy AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hope everyone has a great AF Saturday. 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, you’re a technical wizard! I was going to ask you to email instructions on how to do this to my VCR but I’m not sure I could download it! I am making technical progress though - I now have a DVD player that flashes 12:00!

Pauly, good for making the decision to leave your job. I wish I had done that on a couple of occasions during my working years.

The mentoring session went well yesterday. I’m not used to being on the phone for 2 1/2 hours but we made some good decisions that should help move her business forward.

We were up early this morning, before 6. I have my last of 3 batches of nuts n bolts in the oven. I love the way the house smells!

Dill, you’re right. Just seeing the family, especially the grandkids will be like a tonic. And getting away from the house will be a nice break too. Our clown council this week defeated a motion to make mask wearing mandatory in public which means our town will attract anti-maskers from all over southern Alberta. Currently we have 20 Covid cases. I wonder how many we’ll have in a couple of weeks. And what’s really annoying is that our premier hasn’t mandated mask wearing. We’re the only province in Canada not to have such a law. I hope voters remember the (in)actions of our elected officials when the next elections roll around.

Fairly mild here today, nice for November. Hope you’re able to go hunting with Adam this weekend Cowboy.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I am in the mood for another 24
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

24 more sounds like an excellent plan!

Happy Sunday everyone.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sleepover went well only one small problem with the little one climbing out of the crib and saying he cant sleep. Anyway, he finally crashed! Hope everyone has a great day. Windy today but at least its sunny. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

46F cool and rainy.
                                Anyone up for a two-four?

Comment

Working...
                                X