~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It’s Monday and I’m going for another 24!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cold with a little snow this morning. Not sure what my plans are for today, but they won't include booze!

Here's to another 24 for all of us!

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Up early and headed to the food pantry for half the day. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

39F and cloudy
          No need for long johns, yet!
          Alcohol does not keep one warm in the winter, despite the saying, warm-up.
          24 more please.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I picked up the moose meat yesterday, all 535 pounds of it! Anybody want some prime Alberta moose lol. Think we might have smoke-grilled tenderloin for supper!

I'm afraid there will be another lockdown for Alberta announced today. The numbers of infections have still been climbing, with over 1500 new cases on Sunday for Alberta alone. I think we were the highest province in Canada! And I think it's about 5 times higher than any day in first wave! The CMO gave a brief update yesterday before heading into a meeting to discuss what measures are going to be taken and that announcement is going to come this morning. Hopefully they'll take the bull by the horns on not rely on herd immunity as a solution!
              Last edited by abcowboy; November 24, 2020, 07:36 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Covid numbers have been up here for several weeks and still climbing. We are at about a 14% positivity level currently. It won't be long before vaccines become available which is a near miracle when you think about it. It's been less than a year! I hope people will take them, I know I will. They will be available before the end of the year and will be given first to health care workers, then senior and other vulnerable people then everyone else. It will take a few months to accomplish all that but it is still absolutely amazing!

Wowzers, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! That's a whole lotta moose meat!!!

I have been tuning out the news and have seen definite improvement on my mental health. I still keep up with current events, but that's about it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! :heartbeat:

24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; November 24, 2020, 07:57 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I think we're at %16 Dill, that's why they're stepping in, the virus must thrive in cooler weather, also I think the numbers spiked cuz alot of people are getting tested before travelling so it makes the numbers higher, yet when I was watching the news last night they showed alot of travelers anyways! I couldn't live with myself if I took something to my small town family so I'm staying put, 5:15 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a great AF day and Cowboy, enjoy your moose
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Btw what does moose taste like?
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Numbers going up in our county too. Going to be a quiet Thanksgiving for us but that's OK.

School day. Gota get going! 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, I can be there for supper! I’ve got my plate, knife & fork already packed!! Moose tenderloin in one of the best meats I have ever tasted.

Pauly, after eating beef, eating moose does taste different. But the meat isn’t full of chemicals, is lower in cholesterol and once you’ve tried it, going back to supermarket meat is like eating cardboard. I told a hunting buddy after making stew with moose that it was as good as beef and he pointed out I must have done something wrong! He was right - it was better than beef.

As Cowboy pointed out, Alberta is likely, and in my opinion should be, headed for a serious lockdown. The virus is spreading uncontrollably and will continue to do so unless we take drastic action. And, the hoarders were out raiding store shelves in anticipation. Covidiots.

It seems almost daily that airlines are listing flights where passengers may have been exposed to the virus and encouraging those impacted to take Covid precautions.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; November 24, 2020, 09:13 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

COVID-19 numbers are way up here, but I’m only focused on one. Another 24. Have a GREAT Day, ABC herd!!!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

That's a lot of meat Cowboy! Like QW, I will bring my own knives, forks and plates to dinner. I've never had moose before; is it similar to venison?

Covid numbers are up in the Syracuse area as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lockdown is enforced in the near future. Mr. J and I are staying home for Thanksgiving...not taking any chances! I'm amazed at the number of people that are still planning to fly over the holidays. That's just crazy IMO!
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...I too, have been cutting way back on the amount of news that I watch. It definitely helps with the anxiety levels!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

43F heavy rain, over an inch expected.
                              I had a ski trip planned to Colorado for Dec 4-14, gonna cancel, too much Covid out there, and there's no snow either, lol.
                              I only have the cost of airfare to consider, so it's no big deal.
                              Hope you got a huge freezer, Cowboy!
                              The long holiday weekend begins today, but it ain't no ticket to boozeville!
                              Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.
                              24 more here please.

Comment

Did anyone besides me watch Queen's Gambit on Netflix? Really good!

Sorry you had to cancel your trip Mr. V, but it was definitely the sensible thing to do.

It'll just be the two of us here for Thanksgiving. If the weather is nice enough our son and grandkids will come on Friday for some outdoor activities. A nice long hike in the woods would be restorative. It's supposed to be dry and in the mid 50's which is really great for this time of year.

Techie, you're right! 24 is really the only number that counts!
                                Last edited by dill; November 25, 2020, 07:18 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X