No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Held off on the tenderloins until tonight, it's actually supposed to get above freezing, but with that comes the snow lol.

It's hard to describe what moose "tastes" like [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. As [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] said, it's very red colored, but not as red as elk, very lean, very little marbling in it, but definitely a stronger meaty taste than beef. Like anything else, it all depends on how it is prepared and cooked. It's less gamey tasting than venison [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I don't remember the last time I took a deer, don't care for deer at all anymore. When I did have deer, I always marinated it overnight in Italian salad dressing to tame down the gamey taste lol.

And yes [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I did need a lot of freezer space lol. The cut and wrapped meat completely filled our stand up freezer, the thin sliced meat for jerky, and the 10 - 10lb bags of trimmed meat for sausage making and more hamburger had to be put in the chest freezer.

We don't have Netflix [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just Prime Video, so we haven't watched Queen Gambit but will check and see if Prime has it. We probably should sell our tv for the amount of time it actually gets used lol, but we did tune in for the announcements on the new restrictions yesterday. I'm not much one for the government imposing anything on us, but I was a bit disappointed in the announcements. From what I can gather, about the only real change is no more social gatherings in homes, and fewer amounts of people allowed at other social venues. Maybe [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] got more from it than I did lol.
      Last edited by abcowboy; November 25, 2020, 08:26 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I don't care for deer meat either Cowboy, sure when my Gramma used to make it I'd eat it, it's not THAT yucky but just wouldn't be interested in having it around, speaking of freezers sometime last week someone accidentally unplugged ours that we keep in the garage and hubs didn't find out til too late, everything spoiled including our Thanksgiving turkeys! Had to send hubs out asap to buy more so they'd thaw in time what a mess! 5:25 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
        Last edited by paulywogg; November 25, 2020, 08:26 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m glad to see so many in the Cafe are curbing travel and limiting social gatherings. It’s definitely a different year thanks to the virus. It’s tough not being able to be with family and friends but staying safe is more important.
          I’m glad I got to see our Calgary family on Saturday because it’s likely I will miss my granddaughter and grandson’s birthdays, Xmas and my d-i-l’s birthday in the next 8 weeks.

Yeah, Cowboy, I was disappointed in the much anticipated announcement from our premier yesterday. I believe the Chief Medical Officer of Health has a different opinion and recommended stricter measures but she’s only basing her position on science and not politics so what does she know? I’m still waiting to find out if the increased restrictions imposed on the Calgary region include us.
          Our next door neighbour works at our local WalMart and she suggested yesterday that we should stock up on toilet paper and Lysol because the hoarding covidiots are at it again.

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends in the Cafe. Enjoy it safely and af of course! Pauly, sorry about your freezer mishap. Hope you’re able to find a new turkey in time!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ugh, Pauly, what a bummer about the freezer. What a mess!

Dill, Queen's Gambit is on my list. I've heard from several people that it's really good!

Went to Costco yesterday and the line went all the way down the side of the building and onto the street and this was old folks hour! We drove right past them all and went home. We only went to pick up our pup's meds and she's not out yet so we'll try again later.

Hope everyone here in the US has a yummy Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! 24 more....

Comment

Wishing everyone in the U.S. a Happy Thanksgiving. To celebrate I’m going for another 24!
              Last edited by techie; November 25, 2020, 12:49 PM.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in. Dill, I watched the Queens Gambit in one big binge. It was amazing. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Sorry about your freezer mishap Pauly.....such a waste. :cuss:

Cowboy...Mr. J and I use 90% of the venison to make smoked summer sausage. We mix it with pork/pork fat, and seasonings. It comes out pretty tasty, and it's the only way that I'll eat venison!

I've never heard of Queens Gambit, but will have to look into it!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! Just the hubs and I for dinner tonight, and we are having grilled steak. Yum!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate. Turkey going in the oven soon. Having just our kids for dinner. Used to having 30 or more. This year is different but will still be special. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

51F and cloudy, got over 1.25 inches of rain yesterday.
                      So sorry about the freezer, Pauly. Hope you didn't lose too much.
                      In the middle of Queen's Gambit right now. It's a good show. Also enjoying hearing about locations and areas in the show, as it's based in Mrs V's hometown of Lexington, KY. There's also a scene based here in a hotel that is no longer standing.
                      No turkey for me, don't much care for it, as it's usually too dry for me. OK on a sandwich the next day, lol.
                      Beef Wellington going in the oven later today!
                      24 more please

Comment

to all my friends south of the 49th!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S. contingent! We are doing a roasting chicken instead of turkey. Turkey's are just too big for two. I would've done a turkey breast but Mr. D prefers dark meat so I ruled that out. Anyway, it'll be good and goes well with cranberry sauce and stuffing so no complaints, really. I'm keeping the 11 lb. turkey in the freezer until we can have a larger crowd sometime in the future.

Sorry about your freezer fiasco Pauly!

I just took our pumpkin pie out of the oven. Mmmmm the house smells good!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; November 26, 2020, 12:35 PM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, Cowboy! In these days of nonstop protests here in the US, now even Tom Turkey joins the fray!
                              Last edited by dill; November 26, 2020, 03:07 PM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

That's too bad about the freezer [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], hopefully it wasn't filled right to the top! Tough to have to replace everything that spoiled though. I meant to tell you that our Premier mentioned hairdressers in his speech the other day. He tipped his hat to all the hair salons as not one case of Covid in Alberta came from a beauty salon!

I'm with you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I usually eat the dark meat off turkeys and chickens, but the white meat is great in a sandwich with mustard, mayo, salt & pepper! Now I'm hungry lol.

Yep, cross post [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. See above about the dark meat haha! I'm not much for pumpkin pie, but do love the smell!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; November 26, 2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X