Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!

Dill, good idea to have a roasting chicken instead of turkey. I bet lots are downsizing their meal because of smaller gatherings this year. All the talk about chicken, turkey, steak, beef Wellington and pumpkin pie has me hungry!

Cowboy, did you read that, as suspected, the measures our Chief Medical Officer of Health recommended to deal with the spike in new Covid cases were overruled by the politicians? What a surprise.

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; November 26, 2020, 08:51 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Freezer was filled, that's why it was so disappointing rib eyes, tons of chicken, hamburger, etc but I'm just happy we found out in time to buy more turkey, I'm one of the rares that actually love it! Ginger, I get access to Costco through the back because I'm a shopper but I still tend to avoid that store! My mom turned 70 yesterday,I can't even believe it I hope everyone has a wonderful day and makes some good memories 6:21 am in Vegas another 24!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US.

Fostering my granddaughter's two cats again. Her salon hours got cut again and us keeping the kitties will reduce here apartment rent 60 a month. Poor kid. She had her cosmo license about a month when covid hit and shut things down. Ugh.

24 more, please. 🦃

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my U.S. posse. I’m in the mood for another 24!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...I started watching Queens Gambit yesterday, and so far I'm really enjoying it!

If I do any Black Friday shopping today, it will be online!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. So sorry about. Your freezer Pauly. That had to be disappointing to say the least. Hope everyone has a great Friday. I also will be online shopping. Not hitting the stores today but I bet many will. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ya, I heard about the leak in the confidential stuff between the CMOH and the Premier [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. His reply to it made a bit of sense, but I think more could have been done with a few exceptions and exclusions. To be honest, I'd really hate to be any elected official right now, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I don't think any of them expected a situation like this when they ran for office, nor do they have the training to deal with it, so they need to be relying on the advice from the people that do...

That really bites about all the food you lost [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], expensive to replace!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was so stuffed yesterday after our dinner at even that I couldn't eat for the rest of the day! I had hoped a walk would help and that I'd be able to make room for desert, but it never happened. So I just had my piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast this morning! Yum! Not a bad way to start the day!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm with you Dill, but I did manage a sliver of pie haha Cowboy, I'd hate to be anyone in charge as well, it isn't just greed that they need to keep things open it's the fact that people's jobs and businesses are going under, soooooooo many small businesses here in Vegas have closed permanently, also our governor talked about the mental health part and mentioned a child as young as 8 in the school district had taken his own life I started crying cuz as adults we have coping skills but these kids are lost and scared so nope I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions cuz either way people aren't gonna be pleased, Ginger, that really sucks about your granddaughter and her salon, I know when I first started I was excited and I'm sure she just wants to work! Ugh ate so much I feel hungover, not though I'll take another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF Friday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

47F and cloudy starting to look like winter.
                        A good holiday, just the 3 of us. The beef was wonderful.
                        Plenty left over, help yourselves.
                        Grateful for family friends, health and sobriety. Including this group.
                        24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pumpkin pie is a great way to start the day Dill! Veggies are good for us, right?

One of the things I find most frustrating about this pandemic is that, not having lived through one, I can’t offer any suggestions to our kids. I’m so tired of hearing ”We’re all in this together” but it’s true. And no one has experience dealing with a pandemic of this magnitude so I can appreciate the difficulty politicians are having BUT too many elected officials think they know more than medical experts. And too many politicians are swayed by money.

Glad to read lots in the Cafe are planning to shop on-line today rather than get into the chaos of Black Friday. I wonder what the COVID numbers will be like in 2-3 weeks.

Stay safe and have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ha! I've never shopped black Fridays even when there was no pandemic raging so no chance that's happening for me now.

Had a great dinner just the two of us. 24 more...

Comment

Had a quiet but wonderful Thanksgiving. Now off for a long run as part of my next 24!
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow Mr. V! Your Thanksgiving dinner looked awesome! When are you making it again? I could probably be there in six hours of so!

Sure do wish that this covid stuff would just go away. I don't even know what "normal" is anymore. :crying:

Another 24 please for all of us and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X