Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rainy and cold again. Blah...

Thanks Ginger for the quote. You can never have enough gratitude!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and as [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, the reminder about gratitude! Wouldn't it be wonderful that no matter what happens to us the first thing that came to mind would be something in the situation that we could be grateful for. Unfortunately, for me anyway, that only happens in about 20% of the cases, the other 80% of the time I find myself complaining or being resentful. I really need to work on changing those percentages around...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm with you Cowboy, wish I could see the positive in things instead of always bitchin haha! Dill, we put up the Christmas decs last night and some snow woulda made it cozy, Ginger, think my iron is dipping again and that's why I'm tired, also I never believed in that seasonal affliction disorder thing that they say from lack of light but I'm sure feeling it this year, thought I'd be grateful for the time change but now I want daylight saving time back haha, QW, glad the virtual meeting was insightful, sounds pretty cool, 5:35 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Having an attitude of gratitude can have such an impact on us, yet, like Cowboy, I find myself complaining or looking for the negatives first. I attribute it to being a curmudgeon but experience has taught me the alternative to being negative in most situations will have better results. I’m reminded of one of my Dad’s favourite sayings - Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. I practice that not all the time but a lot of time and I’ve found that taking the silent time is an opportunity to think of how I can better “show up”.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone! Stay safe, stay positive.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy December folks. As we approach 2021, I’m am hopeful it will be a much better years for all. That sai, how about another 24.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Cafe. Late check in today. Thank for the gratitude quote Ginger! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Cold day in December. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

25F, snow on the ground, sun coming.
                  It's so easy to fall into the bitchin' mood. Think I'll keep my mouth shut,lol
                  24 more hours in the attitude of gratitude

Comment

Light snow and 30° out there this morning...very pretty!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cold but sunny morning here. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you

Comment

I think the biggest thing sobriety has given me is to know when to keep my mouth shut. When I was drinking it seemed like I was angry at everyone and everything all the time, but I think I was just angry at myself and projected that anger onto someone or something else. I still get angry sometimes, but not very often, and I've learned to keep my mouth shut till the anger abates...

Comment

5:05 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a great day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Almost every time I have spoken when I was angry it has lead to regret.

Every time I have achieved another 24 I have never regretted!

24 more for today, please and thanks.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and mild today, might be warm enough to barbecue! That doesn’t happen often in Alberta in December.

Has anyone tried CBD oil for aches and pains? I’m trying to avoid further cortisone injections to manage arthritic pain and this was suggested to me.

On behalf of my four legged buddy Jessie, we gave our neighbours, the ones who walk her daily, a gift certificate to our local butcher shop. The butcher thanked me for the support and our neighbours were thrilled.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X