~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

My fil passed away yesterday. Damn covid!

It might be a struggle not to drink today, but I'm praying for another 24 hours. I know that drinking would only make things worse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for breakfast...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Jude I’m so sorry about your FIL. Covid sucks!!! Techie, hope you do not get it. We are breaking records in Florida for new cases. Scary stuff. Thank you for breakfast Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Such sad news [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], thoughts and prayers going to to all the family... And I know you'll do what's right, for you, and everyone around you...

I'm a pretty patient man since getting sober, but I'm really fed up with this entire Covid thing! I surely hope this vaccine gets out to everyone sooner rather than later. I wasn't sure if I'd get it when it became available, but my mind is slowly leaning towards getting it...

Hopefully you two will be fine [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], enjoy your quarantine time with the Missus!
            Last edited by abcowboy; January 10, 2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Jude I'm so sorry, I was really hoping they'd both recover quickly, damn waves to the gang and hope we all have a nice AF day.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My condolences Jude on the passing of your fil. Covid is for real and we need to do what we can to defeat it, like Techie is doing by quarantining. Lockdowns are coming folks, likely more severe than we saw last spring but if that’s what it takes, then let’s get it done.

There have been ads on TV promoting dryday as a way to reduce alcohol consumption. On one or more days a week, people are encouraged to abstain from al. And MADD is promoting February as alcohol free. Good ideas!

Stay safe everyone and af!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, I'm so sorry about your fil. I hope your mil improves soon.

Techie, sounds like you'll have plenty to do with an indoor gym!

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy. Let's all have a good AF Sunday. 24 more!

Comment

So sorry Jude; thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong.

I think the idea of setting aside just one dryday is a great idea for many. As we all know, one day is definitely achievable. And maybe the dryday concept will spread to two drydays a week, and so on. Baby steps are a good way for some to start.

I will definitely take the vaccine. In our area I am not "eligible" until Feb. 8th. But on that day I hope very much to be in line to receive it!

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy, the potatoes were superb!

24 more.....
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe members near and far. Out COVID-19 tests came back negative. Our neighbors are both in the hospital. Out little community is quite upset as many had contact with this couple. I also hear their children have tested post as well. What a mess. Jude, I am sending loving light and prayer to you and family. I wish everyone suffering with this illness or their loved ones a blessing fir healing. Have the best day possible. I am heading out for a looong run. x
                      Last edited by techie; January 10, 2021, 11:45 AM.
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks everyone for the condolences. At least my mil is at home and continuing to improve. I just can't imagine what she is going through.
                        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]... so glad that you and your wife tested negative for covid. This is getting scary indeed.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning. Jude, I’m glad you MIL is doing better but now she has the hard road of being without her spouse. Sad times for sure ahead. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Techie so glad you tested negative. I’m sick of two things: 1) Covid and 2) Politics. Looking forward to life getting back to normal at some point. You folks outside the US must look at us and think we have lost our minds. I’m wondering myself what the hell has happened to our country. I have never seen it so divided. Only time will tell if things get better or worse. Until that time I will just take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great news Jude that your mil is home and doing better.

You’re not alone Rava in being sick of Covid and politics. I won’t comment on the situation in the US since we don’t discuss politics in the Cafe, except to say I know there are a lot of fine folks in your country that deserve better. I hope things improve after January 20th.

We had a brief, socially distant, family visit yesterday with our Calgary family. We hadn’t seen them in person for too long.

Today is going to be a great day, let’s enjoy it af!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm with you Rava! Sick of both and yes wonder what the rest of the world thinks of us right now, embarrassing. Techie thank God you and your wife are negative, I hope your friends are ok, waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day for us all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X