No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you'll get your 24 today [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION], and a whole lot more of them!!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, you quit friends of mine are going to get awful sick of my musings by the time seeding is over lol. I get on the tractor at 7am and get off it usually around 10pm, and after doing the outside rounds in the field, auto-steer takes over for the back and forth. That gives me lots of time to watch the equipment out the back window, think, and type! I’m not much one for long posts from my phone, that’s why I use the “docs” app, write when I can, edit, see if it all makes any sense, then copy and paste in a post.

Way back when I joined MWO, I started the 24 Hour Club and a bit thereafter, I opened Cowboy’s Cafe. I took a loa from MWO, and [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] started the 2 threads under the one heading. And for that I’ll always be grateful. The 24 Hour Club is pretty self-explanatory, and the Cafe was meant to be a place to talk about anything, much like the regular corner cafe where friends and neighbours meet to discuss and solve all the world’s problems over a cup of coffee lol. I don’t see why we need to change things unless some of the Clubbers would prefer to just keep it the 24 Hour Club and relocate the Cafe.

Now that was all said to see where we want the thread to go, can we talk about anything and everything (keeping the Forum’s Rules always in mind) or do we move things like quitting smoking to a new thread? Come on y’all, I’m looking for your opinions and suggestions so that we can make this thread the way we would like to see it. No offense will be taken on anyone’s ideas or suggestions, but my vote is to keep religion and politics off this thread!

See, told you I’d have too much time on my hands during the day lol!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wildflowers - I hope the lozenges help. Yes, Crohn's can be pretty ugly but my husband's is under control for the most part. Wishing luck to you and everyone in efforts to stop smoking.

I'll take another 24 hours, please.

Comment

Well I've just completed my 1st day of quit smoking and if I stay of it, AL will follow and stats are what 80% of smokers drink. Made a difference today . Having 3 serves of L-glut powder and seems to help . So here's to another 24

update - here is an article that smokers need more AL to get the same effect and vice versa .I think this would be accurate

Drinking and smoking go hand in hand recent research suggests: Nicotine dampens feel-good chemicals in the brain, making us crave alcohol | Daily Mail Online
          Last edited by Neo; May 11, 2017, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone

I'm new here and just completed my first 24 hours. I know that the next 24 will be the hardest for me, so please help me keep the strength to get here tomorrow without giving into the wine monster.

Comment

:welcome: [MENTION=23897]Sydnie[/MENTION]! Hang in there! You can do it!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I say this is the perfect place for people to chat about anything. I personally hope you don't start a separate thread for the smoke quit. But whatever is most comfortable and helpful to you all is what you should do.

:welcome: [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION]!

Good job on day one, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and thank you for the link. I will read that later and pass it on to a friend or two that are in that same boat.

Greetings [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION], [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], and [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], and [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION].

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                Well, you quit friends of mine are going to get awful sick of my musings by the time seeding is over lol. I get on the tractor at 7am and get off it usually around 10pm, and after doing the outside rounds in the field, auto-steer takes over for the back and forth. That gives me lots of time to watch the equipment out the back window, think, and type! I’m not much one for long posts from my phone, that’s why I use the “docs” app, write when I can, edit, see if it all makes any sense, then copy and paste in a post.

Way back when I joined MWO, I started the 24 Hour Club and a bit thereafter, I opened Cowboy’s Cafe. I took a loa from MWO, and [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] started the 2 threads under the one heading. And for that I’ll always be grateful. The 24 Hour Club is pretty self-explanatory, and the Cafe was meant to be a place to talk about anything, much like the regular corner cafe where friends and neighbours meet to discuss and solve all the world’s problems over a cup of coffee lol. I don’t see why we need to change things unless some of the Clubbers would prefer to just keep it the 24 Hour Club and relocate the Cafe.

Now that was all said to see where we want the thread to go, can we talk about anything and everything (keeping the Forum’s Rules always in mind) or do we move things like quitting smoking to a new thread? Come on y’all, I’m looking for your opinions and suggestions so that we can make this thread the way we would like to see it. No offense will be taken on anyone’s ideas or suggestions, but my vote is to keep religion and politics off this thread!

See, told you I’d have too much time on my hands during the day lol!
                I would love to be involved in a quit smoking thread ABC. I found smoking VERY hard to quit and had to leave here and join another site to succeed......but now I feel better able to help people with quitting nicotine.....which is supposed to be the most addictive drug ever. I know I found it a LOT harder than booze....for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                  Well I've just completed my 1st day of quit smoking and if I stay of it, AL will follow and stats are what 80% of smokers drink. Made a difference today . Having 3 serves of L-glut powder and seems to help . So here's to another 24

update - here is an article that smokers need more AL to get the same effect and vice versa .I think this would be accurate

Drinking and smoking go hand in hand recent research suggests: Nicotine dampens feel-good chemicals in the brain, making us crave alcohol | Daily Mail Online
                  And for me [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] smoking replaced drinking when I quit alcohol. I was primarily a smokeaholic rather than an alcoholic BUT when I can't have one I will take the other. I am, and have always been, basically low on natural endorphins due to a damaged childhood and will always be vulnerable to getting them from anywhere I can. As long as I realise that I will accept I cannot get 'high' like normal people. Getting 'high' only brings me back to the 'normal' for most people. That is what is meant by having an addictive personality I think

Comment

Hi Café, just coming up to 1pm here and a busy day ahead...I'll have another 24 please

AB - just how big are your fields? Self-steer on a seed drill seems unbelievable in a country where our fields are each measured in a number of acres, and you get a very mixed patchwork of crops and pastures. I've seen some pictures of the enormous fields in your part of the world, but how far do you go before you turn around and come back on each pass of the field?

Comment

“Fight for your dreams. Just do it. Whatever it takes. Leave it all on the playing field!”

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=23897]Sydnie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Welcome to the Club Hyper and Sydnie! Running a bit late here this morning, I'll be back once the drill is in the dirt...

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24 of freedom please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 hours for me please. Also feel free to discuss away about anything.

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=23897]Sydnie[/MENTION]!

Comment

I don't have a problem with this being an "everything" thread, but I can see where it could become a bit burdensome for the OP to untangle all the posts from day to day... who's checking in for 24 hours vs. who's here to talk about donuts or how to decorate the cafe or fix the world vs. who's here to do all!
                              Last edited by idefineme; May 11, 2017, 10:08 PM.
                              "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                              “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'll take another 24 hrs please. Thank you... I vote to keep NF on this thread. If it becomes to cumbersome we can start a new thread dedicated to NF. Going back to original plan NF quit date is Mothers Day. Bought some lozengers. Also prefer to keep politics and religious debates-discussions to a minimum. Not sure how much I'll be here as will also be on NF site. Off to donate my time shortly at the animal shelter. Thankful for velcro attached ankle ice bags and ACV. Plus lots more.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Great idea on Doc app. Was wondering how you found the time to post so much. Hope you don't get up any earlier. Rest is so important. Your job of being a farmer is hard labour. Thank you for being one and all you do to help others!..

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]. Fabulous job on day one! :thumbsup: I'll read article later. Thanks for providing us with it.

[MENTION=23897]Sydnie[/MENTION] [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION] :welcome: So glad you both have joined us! :smile: Have found committing to just 24 AF hrs is easier and more attainable. Breaking it down into smaller moments during the day is achievable. Anyone can go one day without poisonous-ethanol-alcohol!... If you feel tempted, please know it happens to most everyone. No matter how much AF time. You can and will do this. Were stronger together.

[MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y So happy your back here. Understand and think its helpful to take breaks sometimes. Just thankful your here now. You've been missed. xxx

Waves to everyone else. Hope its a good AF day. Will be needing more coffee soon.

Last edited by Wildflowers; May 11, 2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X