Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope the rains subsided Ginger. That would have been a Pampers moment!

My chiropractor asked recently if stress might be contributing to my aches and pains. My initial response was no but then he mentioned a study he read about care partners/care givers and the toll that takes on them. I’ll try to be more aware and see if there is a relationship between pain levels and the days I’m walking on eggshells.

Since we can’t go anywhere, we’ll spend some time today looking online at housing options in Calgary. It was particularly frustrating not being able to help while our granddaughter had her tonsils out. We had a FaceTime visit with our Calgary family last evening and our granddaughter was doing great. I think she was on her 4th bowl of ice cream!

If we let it, today will be a great day. Let’s especially make it af.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Have a great day, Cafe folk. I’m off to play golf and start my next 24. Blessings x
      Last edited by techie; January 14, 2021, 11:45 AM.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Water is lower this morning and yesterday was the last of the king tides for winter. Whew! Woke up to a sandbar in front of the house instead of a raging river.

Pauly, how's that ear. ABC, glad you had a nice quiet birthday. I turn 65 in 2 months. 1) How the heck did that happen. 2) Thankful for every minute.

Techie, we are off to golf today too! It's supposed to be 57 and sunny. Perfect for a walk around the course.

There are now over 300 bubble hour podcasts! Tawny, check them out, if you enjoy podcasts. They are worth a listen.

Another 24, please and THANK YOU!

Comment

It's so nice to have sun and comfortable temps in the middle of January!

QW, that is an interesting thought. It seems very possible that some of your aches and pains could be stress induced. As for looking for a home in Calgary, that sounds like a good plan if Mrs. Q is on board. Being nearer to family is always good!

Ginger, glad your weather has settled down! Enjoy the golfing. You too, Techie!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]@Quit wining [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Waking up to sunshine today! Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a fabulous AF Friday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

32°F with some snow tonight and tomorrow.

QW...I definitely think that stress can cause both emotional and physical pain. Being a caregiver can definitely cause a lot of stress.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m jealous of those who can play golf this time of year! Thanks to back and hip issues, I haven’t been able to swing a club in 2 years. Hopefully this year.

I saw several possible housing options online yesterday. Condo prices in Calgary are dropping so it’s a buyers market but selling our present house might be a challenge. Got to keep downsizing!

Have a great Friday everyone. Stay safe and af!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Golf was great. The course was beautiful. QW, I hadn't golfed since last winter so needless to say, I had a pretty high score! It was still good fun though!

Hope everyone has an easy AF day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning. Yes Ginger, golf was great. It was 65 and sunny. Off for a hike. Have a beautiful day folks. I am in for another 24. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, It's a seller's market around here. House prices have gone up significantly. I'm hoping they start to come back down when the covid crisis is in the rearview.

No golfing weather here! The air is cold and the ground is wet. But at least the sun has come out for a while.

I helped Mr. D with splitting yesterday. I picked up the split pieces and threw them on the wood pile. Man! Am I ever sore today!:happy2:

24 more, please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; January 15, 2021, 12:55 PM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW, it's a sellers market around here as well. Not sure why it's different in your area, but maybe by the time you go to sell, things will be better.

Looks as though we got rain instead of snow overnight, which means more mud. Yuck! I'd rather see snow to be honest!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We've been having an abnormally mild winter this year so far, decent temps and very little snow to shovel. It sounds like that's about to change later this week as temps are supposed to drop dramatically, but the winter has been shortened quite a bit by the weather we've been having! When I got up this morning it was 0C (32F) so we're going to take out some sirloin steaks and do them up on the wood pellet grill tonight!

Even though our winter has been mild, I still envy you guys who have been golfing!

Comment

Working...
                                X