~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. Mark Twain

Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe.

I saw this online and thought how true. We often make things worse in our minds than they are. Anyone besides me let this happen?

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh dear, QW. Most everyday I catch myself doing that! I love the part about "paying a debt you don't owe". So true! Wish I could get it through my thick head!!

Hope everyone has an easy Sunday. Enjoy ABC's yummy breakfast! 24 more for all of us!

Comment

Καλημέρα Cafe folk. Quiet morning here as I prepare for a busy week ahead. Wishing you all the best day possible. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...yup, I'm like you in that I tend to turn molehills into mountains. I am definitely a worrier, but it has gotten better without the booze!

4°F this morning under cloudy skies. I think that it might just be an indoor kind of day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I loved the quote, QW. So true. I have taken to ignoring most news these days, and dire warnings about covid and its possible effects. It does no good to burden one's self with worry about the possibilities. I take care and do what I can to protect myself and loved ones. No need to ruminate about all the rest. One of my SILs just sent an email with a link about newly discovered long term effects of covid. I deleted it without opening it.

The full moon this month is called The Wolf Moon and is supposed to be especially bright. Let's hope for clear skies on the 28th.

24 more hours please and thank you. And let's all make this a good one! We choose.
            Last edited by dill; January 25, 2021, 07:22 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I know we don't talk politics here in the Café, but this isn't really about politics, it has more to do with the quotes from [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. If you didn't watch the news or social media platforms over the past 4 years, would it really matter who was President or Prime minister? Undoubtably some of their decisions have affected some people like the oil workers in Alberta, but for the most part we carried on with day to day living like normal. It's not the politicians that incite worry and unrest, it's the news media. We worry about far too many things that will probably never have anything to do with us...
                Last edited by abcowboy; January 25, 2021, 07:45 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Great quote QW. I’m a worrier and need to reel it in more than I do. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful day today here. Warm and sunny. Hope everyone has a great Monday. It’s days like these that make me appreciate retirement. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Over the last few years especially, we’ve seen just how impactful media can be. It seems whatever sells newspapers, or gets viewers, is what’s forced upon us. The truth is often the victim, sensationalism overshadows it. In spite of this, most of us have carried on with our lives. And we will continue to do so, regardless of who holds political office.
                      I’m a news junkie but lately I’ve spent less time listening to or reading someone else’s opinion of what they want us to believe.
                      There used to be a great character on a Canadian satirical show called This Hour Has 22 Minutes named Jock McBile. I find myself often using one of his favourite expressions - Aw, get stuffed!

And, here we are, dealing with all this crap and we’re not drinking! Good for us.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; January 25, 2021, 11:07 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe folk. We live in a post truth society. The news outlets present their opinion, not actual fact. Sad but that’s where we are. We are lied to, censored, and manipulated. However, I am always going to question anything that is news worthy. Have a great day. I am going for another 24, and that’s the truth. Blessings x
                        Last edited by techie; January 25, 2021, 01:04 PM. Reason: Typo
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Almost forgot to check in. Started feeling kinda yucky yesterday afternoon and today it's full on nausea. Heading home tomorrow. Hope I can make it. I hate being sick away from home. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning and Ginger, hope you are feeling better today. Nothing worse than being sick while you travel! Safe travels as well. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is gong to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hope you're feeling better this morning [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and you have a safe trip home!

Comment

Working...
                                X