• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Where has Mr. V gone off to???

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks everybody, y'all are the bestest! Bubba finally got all 3 of her dad's doctors to discuss the options and they all agreed to try taking him off his dementia med and try him on a Parkinson med (thanks for all the info [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!) to try to lessen his body tremors and shuffling. He won't be getting out of the hospital until his back and leg get better from his fall, then we have to monitor how he does with the med change. If the tremors lessen, but he gets aggressive again, it will be another decision to make...

Great to see you made it home safe and sound [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Now to just get feeling like yourself again!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, I sure do hope your FIL improves and feels better soon. Yes, tough decisions ahead perhaps. Bubba has siblings, as I recall. Will they be helpful? Lucky for Bubba, she has you. :heartbeat:

Jude, I've been wondering the same thing. He's wandered off before and returned, so let's keep the light on for him and hope for the best.

Glad you're home safe and sound, Ginger. I hope you're back to 100% soon. Fostering a kitty sounds good. I have a feeling you'll have a hard time parting with him/her... I didn't used to think I was a cat person. But when we bought this farm a long time ago, it came with a collie and a barn cat. The previous owners asked if they could stay on because pets weren't allowed where they moved to. It was then that I became a cat person. I was always a dog person. So now I guess I'm both!

24 more pls and thnx.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm both too Dill another 24 and wishes for a happy AF day for us all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, I too was wondering where Mr V had gone to. As Dill said, this has happened before so let’s keep the Cafe lights on for him and hope all is well.

Techie, I miss meetings. Not. I once read this definition of meetings - where minutes are taken and hours wasted. I once walked out of a meeting hosted by a VP of the bank I worked for. He had 30 account managers assembled and spent the first 20 minutes of meeting time talking about his newly built cottage. “Excuse me, but I have work to do” I said as I left. Being politically correct has never been my strong suit!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone, enjoy it safely.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

In all day meetings. Have a great sober 24. I’ll be. Blessings x
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yikes! Forgot to check in this morning. 24 more!!

Comment

Chilly this morning at 5°F with wind chills below 0... Brrr! Oh yeah, and it's snowing!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Yes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], Bubba has a younger brother, but he hasn't been much help. I don't think he's seen or spoke to any of us in over 6 months. He does live a few hours away so that causes some problems, but there's no excuse not to at least call once in awhile...

Comment

I loved that you walked out of that meeting QW haha! I had refused to go to anymore "staff meetings" at that salon, they were pointless and like the guy you had they don't even talk about the job or get anything fixed, supposed to rain again today, I've been taking lots of naps with my grandpuppy on the couch just cuz it's been cozy another 24 of freedom for all of us, hope everyone enjoys their day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Warmer temps are supposed to arrive today, yay! Jude, I don’t miss those winter storms. When we lived in eastern Ontario we saw lots of cold winter temps, high winds and lake effect snow. Sounds like a good day to rug up (Australian expression) with a cup of coffee and a good book.

We’re scouting out a possible place to move into today. From the online write up, it has everything we’re looking for - 3 bedrooms, south facing sunroom, top floor, underground parking and most important, an elevator and no stairs.

Have a great day everyone, enjoy it af.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good luck, QW, with the condo hunt. Fingers crossed!

Lots of chores today because we don't have school kids.

Pearl (foster kitty) is settling in quicker than I thought. She has the most beautiful eyes. She's craving love, which I have plenty of! We

Happy AF Friday. Fell asleep to Bubble Hour last night. Some good reminders why we quit and why we need to stay quit! 24 more :~)
                              Last edited by Ginger999; January 29, 2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe diners. Rain rain rain. I think we get a break in weather tomorrow. Have a great day. I’m going for another 24. Blessings x
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X