~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Welcome Syndie and Hypernova! I think you will find this thread helpful in taking one day and one step at a time. Wonderful and warm people here..

I'll take another 24 hours please.

Comment

2nd day for me and going well. L-glut supp working very well. The hard one Day 3. Another 24 thx

Comment

7:39 here in Jersey and it looks like a sunny one this morning. Already in the 60s though they're calling for rain tonight through the weekend. Was planning on doing some research and writing anyway so it's all good. I'll take another 24 of being Awake and Alive thanks!
        [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], thanks for the article. I'll have to give it a look. Haven't really looked too much into how nicotine interacts with the reward system. You've got this, just keep walking towards the sun.
        [MENTION=16547]kuya[/MENTION], they do say that cigarettes are harder to quit than heroin. Had a couple smack addicts tell me that was more than just a saying. lol
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], muse away. I'm not that much of a talker myself but still love a good ramble. :happy2: I do agree no politics or religion - too much emotion and identity involved; nothing awakens an argument more quickly.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

“When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.”

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 my way please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Welcome back Pauly, great to see you!

That was a fantastic fruit tray WF, thank you!

So far so good idef, I'll gladly get up an hour earlier to do the Club roster if if means more people are looking for the quit that sticks!

More to come......
          Last edited by abcowboy; May 12, 2017, 07:08 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome back guys 5:43 am in Vegas another 24 for me and all here
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I guess I really needed that morning coffee. lol Glad see you back [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! :hug:

Discover & share this Good Morning GIFs GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.
              Last edited by Orimus; May 12, 2017, 08:02 AM.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Well done to you, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]!:welldone:

Nice to see you back, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. :thumbsup:

Wrote this earlier but forgot to post it!

Twenty-four more, please.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please.

Comment

Another 24 hrs please on this mixed weather day. Thank you....

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] Great job on day two. Kicking both alcohol and nicotine to the curb is fantastic!... :thumbsup: Great job with your supplements to. :smile: Read article and agree with most. Personally, haven't experienced craving alcohol when smoking. Since I'm AF now, maybe I don't remember. This article is a bit confusing. Crave more nicotine when drinking. Almost sounds like their saying the same thing. Definitely when drinking smoked more. Brain is fascinating. Do believe hormones play a role. It's quite complicated. Everyone's chemistry can be unique. Read last night it may take up to three months for brain to normalize after giving up nicotine. Have known alcohol much longer. For myself, I'm not sure my brain will ever be normal. Lol... Maybe it never was. I'm OK with both. Think being AF and NF is more normal than not. Trying not to overthink any of this. Have found it to be counter productive in my goals. Just want to be free from both. Yes, day three NF is a rocky one. You can and will do this!... I'm sure tired of being a slave to both. Tired of lining big tobacco and big poisonous- ethanol -alcohols pockets. I want that moolah for mwah. Tho, my health is most important.

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] I busted up laughing at that coffee giphy video. Let's just shower in caffeine. They found the perfect guy. Laughter like this is priceless. Thank you so much!... :smile:

Waves to everyone. Hope everyone has a good AF-NF day out there.

Comment

another 24 please... so ready for bed!

Comment

Day 3 grind over. L Glut scoop after lunch and one mid arvo with protein shake and chia seeds. Seems to be keeping cravings away well . Research upper end of L glut usage so no undue side effects. Let's do another 24

Comment

Great to wake up un-hung on this sunny warm morning here. I'll take 24 more please.

Comment

5:16 in Vegas another 24 please Cowboy, thank you for the pm and stuff yesterday I truly appreciate it
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please

Comment

“It doesn't matter how many resources you have. If you don't use them, it will never be enough.”

6:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

We got rained out last night, but we managed to get the last of the peas in before the rain came! So I'm back in town now and can read back a little and get caught up!

Loved the gif Ory, that's my size of coffee cup, but I don't shower under it lol.

Well done Neo, that day 3 seems to be a hard one and you got through it!

You're welcome Pauly! I'm just grateful that you're okay, you're back, and you're not quitting on a quit that sticks!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; May 13, 2017, 07:56 AM.
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X