~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'm hanging in there Pauly. Thanks. Things are getting a little easier. I made a decision to attend the viewing and service this Tuesday virtually. The service will be live streamed via the web which I think is an excellent option. I was getting really anxious about the travelling and then being at the funeral home. I expect there will be a lot of people. I'm sure everyone will distance and mask up but I have avoided crowds throughout this pandemic and now that we are getting close to being able to get the vaccine, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks. I can only hope people understand my choice. I didn't take it lightly. It will be hard not to have a proper goodbye. I may ask someone to read a few words from me at the service if there is time to fit it in.

My brother was diagnosed with covid around the 10th of January and was in the hospital for a few days. He improved and was sent home to recuperate. Then he had the pneumonia crop up and blood clot in his heart last weekend. I suspect it was residual effect from the covid but I don't know for sure. But I wonder how he got it? Somewhere, somehow, he let his guard down. Everyone, stay safe and be careful. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and we must keep aiming toward the light.

24 hours of freedom was my gift to myself yesterday. I'm not going to say it was easy, but I made it. Gonna do it again today too.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
    Last edited by dill; January 31, 2021, 09:46 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Again, so sorry, Dill. Thank you for sharing the details. I couldn't recall your brother being sick. Thoughts are with you and your family. Good job on keeping the beast at bay!

QW, good luck with the condo hunt next week.

Pancakes are my favorite, Cowboy. Thanks!

Waves to everyone! Hope we all have an easy AF Sunday. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe diners, writers, and commentators. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Dill. Have a good day everyone. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Late check in. Dill I’m so sorry about the loss of your brother. I’m thinking of you and sending you hugs. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

So proud of you dill for staying away from the booze. Hope that you are doing OK...hugs.

We are expecting a foot or more of snow from a Nor'Easter that's coming up the coast. Mr. J is going to N. Carolina to visit his son today. Looks like it will be up to me to plow out the driveway! I hope that the garage is still standing when I'm done!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thinking of you Dill and hope you are doing well. Jude, I hope you don't knock down the garage by accident! I have wrecked things with our zero turn lawnmower! Rain today in sunny Florida. Wishing everyone a great day. Stay warm. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and hugs.
                Ginger, I never mentioned my brother having covid because I myself didn't know until the day before he died. He never told us about the covid and since he thought he was recovering, he didn't bother calling to tell me. I'm sure he would've told me next time we spoke, but apparently he didn't feel too threatened by it. We live far apart and didn't call each other often.

Snow and cold here today. Not getting above freezing. But, it is February, what can you expect? Hey, I wonder if the groundhog will see his shadow tomorrow......

Thank you for yesterday's freedom. Please grant me another 24.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION]68 [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is gong to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I can understand your decision [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it must be a tough one, but you have to do what's right for you. :hug:
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has an easy day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Your Cafe friends will be with you tomorrow Dill. And as tough as it may be not to be there in person for the funeral, you’re doing what’s needed in order to avoid Covid and keep yourself and others safe.

Today will be spent getting the house ready for listing and possibly seeing the condos we want to look at here. Our Calgary family will be disappointed if we don’t move into the city but we like where we are and want to stay in our small town if we can.

Have a great af first of February everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, how heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

Good luck with the plowing, Jude. Something tells me you'll do just fine. ;~)

School day! Have to skedaddle. May we all have an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe patrons. Busy day here. Going to get to it. Another 24 for me. Thinking of you Dill. Blessings x
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.
                              ~Saint Francis de Sales

It looks like I am the first one here this morning! Grateful for another hangover free morning and looking forward to 24 more hours. I hope we all enjoy.
                              Last edited by dill; February 2, 2021, 06:44 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X