~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad you were able to participate virtually, Dill. May you and your family find peace in your brother's memory. Great you both were able to get vacinnated! Still trying here but none available at the moment.

Jude, when does Mr. J get back? Snuggle in and get to reading 📚!

QW, hope something comes up for you soon so you can get Mrs. QW settled into a new routine.

ABC, thinking of you and Baba and her Mom. Rough times for sure. Hope the assessment goes well and there's a facility available to take her dad, asap.

Pauly, how's the new job going? Are you staying busy enough?

Techie, how's your daughter today? How are her symptoms?

Rava, how's the volunteering going?

Started our first batch of rocks in our new tumbler. We've wanted one for years and when we got home from the beach, I bought one. Our home sits on an agate bed so we threw a few of those in as well as some from AZ and some from our beach trip. Takes about four weeks for a batch. I'll post pictures of before and after once they are done.

Remember....alcohol is poison! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. My daughter is doing better. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. She is an athlete and has a strong immune system. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
        ~Buddha

First one here again. Thought I'd get the day rolling with a gentle reminder I think we probably all can appreciate. :love:

Great news about your daughter, Techie!
        Cowboy, Any closer to new arrangements for Bubba's Dad? Tough times for her, and you too.
        Pauly, somehow I missed hearing that you started a new job. I think I've been a bit self absorbed lately. What is it and how are you feeling about it?
        Ginger, what fun to have a rock tumbler! I can't wait to see your results.

I hope everyone has a great day. 24 hours of freedom, please.
        Last edited by dill; February 4, 2021, 07:06 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I totally missed something as well in one of Jude's posts [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Too bad you didn't get to go play out on the tractor [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol.

Great news about your daughter [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

I imagine the rock tumbler is noisy [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I know the tumbler for cartridge casings is very annoying lol. Definitely want to see before and after pics!

Not sure how they go about assessing the fil for his new needs, but sounds like he won't be leaving the hospital until he can move around better and his back isn't painful. That could be weeks, or maybe never, who knows. I'm not sure why they would keep him in an expensive hospital bed just to give him pain killers when that could be done anywhere, sounds like a waste of health care dollars to me, but then what do I know...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. I’m glad you got to get the vaccine Dill and also watch the service via live stream. Modern technology is amazing. Techie glad that your daughter is feeling better! QW the condo search is probably very stressful and I hope you find what you are looking for soon. Cowboy, your FILs situation sounds stressful as well. Hope things progress and that he can be brought home at some point. Pauly, new job? I don’t remember that. Also Ginger, I can’t wait to see the tumbler results. Sounds interesting (volunteer job is still great and thanks for asking!). Hi Jude! Hope everyone is doing well. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

My backyard this morning...at least the snow has stopped and the sun is shining! Heading out soon to dig out my car!

Glad that your daughter is feeling better techie!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had about 15cms, 5”, of snow yesterday. Having not been out of the house for 3 days, I was happy to get outside and shovel our driveway plus our neighbours. It was cold but sunny with virtually no wind. As much as I hate shovelling, I enjoyed the workout. And our neighbours appreciated not having to shovel when they got home.

We sold our treadmill, yay! It’s being picked up this evening. I named a price and the buyer said it wasn’t enough so said he’s paying $150 over my asking price. Wonder if he wants to buy a house???

Pauly, I too missed the news of your new job. Hope you’re enjoying it. Look forward to hearing more.

More prep work to be done getting the house ready for our meeting with the realtor tomorrow. I filled my Jeep with items we no longer use/need and took them to Goodwill yesterday. They were as happy to get the items as I was to get rid of them.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, for some reason I can't see your picture. I'll check Facebook and see if you might have posted it there. Sure enjoy your kitty pics. My foster, Pearl is warming up. (pssst...not sure I'll be able to let her go. ;~))

Pauly left the salon and was doing deliveries. Not sure that's still happening. Maybe she'll fill us in soon.

Techie, great news about your daughter's improvement!

Hope everyone has an easy AF day! I'll take another 24, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thank you all for thinking of my daughter. She is doing fine. I’m in for another 24. Extremely busy day here. Have a great day. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Looks like I'm the first one here today! A little snow and wind this morning, but nothing like it was a couple of days ago!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; February 5, 2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
                              ~Dalai Lama

Hope everyone has a great day.

Cowboy, you are right I think about your FIL probably not needing the expensive hospital setting. It sounds like he should be in a rehab facility.

24 more
                              Last edited by dill; February 5, 2021, 07:41 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You did get a lot of snow [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I'm not sure if I'd take that snow over our frigid temps though. It's -32C (-25F) here this morning with night time temps falling even more up till Sunday night when it's supposed to get down to -39C which is almost the same temp in F. Started plugging in my truck at night as it's hard on them to cold start them in these temps!

Comment

Working...
                                X