Hello Pauly!
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please in sunny san diego!
      I echo Narilly's shout out to you cowboy!

And hi Pauly!

Comment

Hello - a bit late today but I'll still have another 24 please!

Comment

Grateful for the day before,
          Going to go for 24 more!
          :sohappy:
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill
            About me: I am just turned 65, married for 40 years if we make it to June together! LOL! Two grown children, daughter in New Orleans and son in this area. Three grandchildren. My son and his two young ones are the ones under roof. It is a temporary situation but the end date is yet to be determined. The grandchildren staying here are a girl age 5 and a boy age 11. I am grateful for the blessings in my life, that I have these wonderful grandchildren to enjoy. I think I just need to be more mindful of my personal needs for rest and some periods of solitude throughout the day. That will make the going smoother. Practicing conscious gratitude as we do on this thread is also a powerful tool! Over all I truly am doing well with my sobriety and for that I am truly grateful. On the path and not giving up! While we are at this, perhaps you could tell me a little about you?
            Originally posted by Wildflowers
            I'm 54, 55 fairly soon. Been married 33 yrs and have two grown daughters and a son. I call him a son, cause they have been together for seven yrs and will be married in Oct. I truly love him as my own. He calls me Mom. We have no grandchildren as of date. Hopeful, one day we will be blessed. If not, that's OK to. Oldest daughter will be 32 this month and doesn't want children. Going to test mention feature. Breaking into paragraphs in hopes its easier to read.

Haven't been working steady do to health problems. Have a background in Hospitality, Freight Brokerage, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Child Care business (when younger). I've also done different types of volunteer work. One of my lifelong GF's has her own business. It's mainly Senior Adult placement and care giving. She also has a Landscape, Run Around Sue and selling all sorts of items. She restores and Re- purposes items. She lives on a farm. So shes a farmer too. She's a talented lady and a wonderful human being. I'm grateful, when I'm well enough she finds work for me. Am hoping I'll become healthier and be able to work more. We could use the money. Concerned about retirement and health care. Anyway probably TMI. Tho, find this was helpful in a way. I tend to feel vulnerable about self. Work in progress not perfection.
            Okay ladies, I didn’t share my info on the Gratitude thread, but wanted to share it here. Nothing wrong with where you two posted it, but there’s more traffic here at the the Club and Café now, so others can read a bit about us and share their info if they want.

Not much to say about myself that I haven’t already said, over and over again lol. I’m 60, in my second marriage, Bubba (my wife’s nickname) and I have been together 19 years, married for 17 of them. Four kids from my first marriage; Amanda 39, Brandie 37, Adam 35, and Ashley 33. No grandkids and won’t ever get to spoil any rotten as none of the kids (or their spouses) want children, so Hank is our spoiled rotten grandchild lol. I’ve been in the plumbing and heating field most of my life and now run my own general contracting company. I also help out our neighbours on their mixed farming operation, seeding in the spring, harvesting in the fall, and working cattle when they need an extra hand. I think I was born an alcoholic, I just needed that first buzz to get me off and running lol.

So, for anyone just visiting this thread or even lurking, feel free to join in, share as much or as little about yourself as you want, but get involved in our little community! There is something special shared between all of us, and I’m not talking just about the problem with alcohol. We truly can relate to each other in most areas of our lives. Alcohol brought us together, but the love and concern we have for each other makes us into a family…

Now, can someone please pass me the syrup?

Last edited by abcowboy; May 13, 2017, 11:44 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just hitting 2 pm here in Jersey and this morning's rain has let up though the clouds seem to be sticking around. I'll take another 24 please!

Who am I? Hmmmm.... I have 42 years in my life and for the first 32/33 of them I meditated, practiced yoga, wrote poetry and prose and was a student of self improvement and CAM. Got my BA in psych while working as a psych tech in a psych/detox unit and self published a novel before getting involved in a relationship that changed my life for the worse. I guess you can say 10 years of alcohol abuse was me walking through the valley of my life and a process of self invention. Left her shortly before I joined this site back in 2014 and have been single ever since. Changed careers a few years back to IT and started at a Martial Arts school studying Bagua kung fu though I haven't been back to the school in a couple of years. Getting back to Qi Gong, Yoga, meditation and a bit of weights though nothing more than dumbbells. Getting back to writing by retrieving a novel manuscript from an old hard drive that has been waiting too many years for me to rewrite it. Not sure if that actually describes who I am as it's only history, the pieces that brought me here.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I'll take another 24 hrs please. Thank you...

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] Interesting back ground. It's lovely to see you getting back into your passions. Is it because your AF now? Thank you so much for sharing. :smile:

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Thanks for sharing again. Must have missed some. Hope you keep records. So you don't have to re-type your bio. Hope, with the rain out, your able to get good rest. Maybe enjoy a game. Nothing wrong with furbabies becoming spoiled rotten grandbabies. Think I was born alcoholic to. My first drinking experiences as a teen prove so. Maybe sometime I shall share about becoming a General Contractor on the fly in 2015. Maybe not. A nightmare in many ways. Grateful it's all over. Will make it easier to sell. Thanks for the yummy pic. :smile:
                Last edited by Wildflowers; May 13, 2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

another 24 please

Comment

Day 4 out the door. Easier than last 2. Another 24 please

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], thanks for sharing. It is nice to have a little more context. Interesting point tho, Orimus, that it is hard to describe "who I am". We are only scratching the surface when we give our bio, but it is the best we can do most times. Abc, I too was an born alcoholic. Like many here tho it was a gradual progression for me and for many years I was "high functioning". Ha! Now that's a laugh! Who came up with that description! It almost makes it sound like something I could be proud of! Yeah, a real badge of honor! LOL!

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], well done!

24 more please.
                      Last edited by dill; May 14, 2017, 05:26 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"When the odds are one in a million, be that one."

6:40am in Alberta. It's just me again Lord, giving thanks for another week of sobriety. A special request today though, could You look down on all the mothers today, even those who do not struggle, and bless them all with Your kindness and mercy.... Thank You...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] abcowboy

Remember everyone, no quitting on your quit!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

to all the mom's!

Comment

Happy mothers day to the moms and another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy mothers' day to all non-UK mums...we have to be different and our Mums' day is earlier....but I'll still have another 24 please...

Comment

11 am on a sun shining Sunday morning. Happy Mother's day to all you moms out there celebrating today. I'll take another 24 please!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X