No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see your post went through [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! You can log in but then when you try to post it won't let you even type out a post, or you can type it out but then can't submit it?

I suppose we've all given up a lot this past year, maybe that will be good enough...

Hopefully the new realtor will help you out with selling and buying [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

I don't think you're giving your grandsons enough credit [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'll bet when they get back to school they'll be telling their friends that they have the best Grandma ever!
    Last edited by abcowboy; February 20, 2021, 07:30 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad that you found a realtor QW. I hope that you can find the right condo soon!

My hat's off to you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] for homeschooling your grandkids. You're a wonderful grandma, and your family is lucky to have you!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. QW I hope your new realtor is able to help you find your perfect place. Ginger, Your grandsons are so lucky to have you as their temporary teacher. Hopefully kids will be in school soon! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The new realtor is much improved over the previous one. We looked at a condo that looked really great in the photos but wasn’t as nice in person. The price reflects it needs some work and new appliances.

Mrs QW has a medical appointment in Calgary this morning and after, we’re seeing a condo in the city, much closer to family.

Ginger, you’ve been great to help with your grandkids. I’m sure they, and their parents, appreciate how you’ve helped them. If we end up moving into the city, one of the main benefits will be that we’ll be more in the lives of our grandkids.

Have a great af Thursday everyone1

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; February 18, 2021, 09:00 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, glad you found a more responsive realtor. I hope the search is swift and enjoyable.

I'm not giving up anything this year for Lent either Cowboy. I'm going to go the opposite direction and "do". Extra prayers and perhaps extra giving to charity.

Ginger, I applaud you for your helping with the schooling. I'm sure it's not easy, but once it's all behind us, those grandkids will swiftly forgive and forget. You're doing them a favor by expecting them to do their work and do their best.

24 please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe diners. Wishing everyone the best day possible. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm in for another 24.... Hope that everyone has a great day!

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thank you. Hope everyone has a great Friday. TGIF!

Comment

How's the wildlife in your area doing Jude? The deer here are really struggling with all this snow. They have been moving in closer and closer to our house looking for anything they can find. They actually grazed on some of our cabbage in the garden which is something they don't touch normally. And we have a roundbale of hay out by the barn that they are eating. It's close to the house so we get a good view of them a couple of times a day. Beautiful. Also, I saw some blue birds as I was pulling out of the driveway the other day. Gorgeous. But, I haven't seen or heard any coyotes or fox.

24 more please for all of us.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'd love to see some pics of the deer [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] if you get a chance to take a few! The wildlife in our area struggled with the long stretch of cold weather. They spent a lot more time out in the fields foraging for enough food to keep their body heat up. I'm sure more than a few of the older ones didn't make it through...

I had a long and frustrating day yesterday repairing a heating boiler, even had to phone the tech support line as I was at my wits end as to what to do next to fix it. Anyway, it was the first time in 5 weeks that I thought of buying cigarettes! On the drive home I realized how smoking was just like my drinking, lots of the same triggers and lots of "excuses" to start up again. But just like quitting drinking, I'm sure glad this morning that I didn't stop and buy that pack!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; February 19, 2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We love the condo we saw yesterday and are making an offer this morning. The condo was as nice in person as it was in the photos. And it’s close to family, doctors, shopping, Fish Creek Park (check it out online) and pretty much everything we need.

Mrs QW saw her doctor yesterday and there are some other health issues that are causing her grief. Hopefully the battery of tests will provide more insight.

Cowboy, good for not caving and buying cigarettes. Five weeks smoke free is a great start to kicking that beast to the curb.

Have a great af Friday everyone, stay safe.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that park looks awesome! What a lovely place to have close by. I sure hope they accept your offer. Keep us posted!

ABC, good for you for not caving to the nicotine beast!

Thanks everyone for the pep talk. It's just what I needed! Hope everyone has an easy AF Friday.

Now I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Dill, the deer are struggling in my area as well. There's over a foot of snow on the ground with another 6-8" expected today. I feel bad for them...

Good job cowboy on resisting the urge to smoke! Five weeks smoke free is imppressive! I was once part of a quit smoking forum where the word NOPE came up often. It stood for "Not one puff ever." It helped me a lot whenever I had nicotine cravings.

Great news on the condo QW! I hope that they accept your offer! Keep us posted!

Asking for another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, I'll be happy to post a picture of the deer if I can get a good one. I looked out several times yesterday but they were never in close enough to capture a good one. I'll keep trying tho.

Awesome news about the condo, QW! :thumbsup: And I do hope Mrs. Q can get some help for her irksome medical issues. I know from watching a dear friend of mine going thru a serious illness just how frustrating some of the ancillary symptoms as well as side effects of the medicines can be.

We are supposed to be getting above freezing tomorrow locally for the first time since Feb. 5th. What a treat that will be!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; February 20, 2021, 07:17 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X