Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, congrats on your huge accomplishment! 4,000 days is a milestone to be proud of.

Our realtor said that years ago a broker suggested if he was just a little less honest he would sell more houses. One of the reasons we deal with him is because of his honesty. Years ago I asked a realtor why it was that 99% of people in her business (I refuse to call it a profession!) gave the rest a bad name. She was pressuring us to drop our price by $1,000 but when I suggested that the 5 realtors and agents involved drop their commissions by $200 each, that wasn’t acceptable!

Cowboy, it’s a blizzard here too. In like a lamb and out like a lion seems an appropriate description of March this year.

Jessie had a great sleepover with her new family Saturday night. She’ll fit in very well with their golden lab, 2 cats and an iguana.

Have a great af Monday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, you are an inspiration in more ways than one! Good on you for 4,000 days.

Sitting here drinking my morning coffee looking at the worm moon. Beautiful!

Casa Academy is in session. Better get going. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & inspirations. Thank you all for your kindness and congratulations. Gorgeous day here. Off to a medical appointment. Have a beautiful day wherever you are. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes Cowboy, this whole covid thing is over the line of ridiculous at this point. I think all common sense has vanished from many in the ruling class, if they ever had it.

Today is going to be a good day not to drink tho. It is going to be sunny and warmish here. Sorry about your winter-like weather up in Canada! Spring has sprung here in Ohio. I just thought of Mr. V as I wrote that. I miss him but I bet he is doing great!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I agree with you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I think that the Covid pandemic should be taken seriously, but I think that things have gone a little too far. Some states are now lifting restrictions, others not at all. No one really knows how long the vaccine is effective for. So many unanswered questions. Can't say that I trust the media or the government anymore.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We survived the blizzard and return to above freezing temps today and for the rest of the week. Still no call from our pharmacy to book our Covid shots, might follow up with them in a day or so. I suspect government mishandling of delivery is the cause.

Dill, I was thinking of Mr V the other day and hope he’s well.

Another day of move related activities. Short term pain for long term gain I keep reminding myself.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, Ginger that pic is beautiful and I'm happy you're keeping Pearl too Oregon daughter and her bf took in a foster kitty too and decided to adopt him, their other can't isn't happy cuz she's a diva haha! Waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF day!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well.... I'm feeling the same way about covid as some of you. I got a call last night saying the two grandkids I've been teaching in the afternoons, have been exposed and need to stay home for 10 days! Ugh back to full-time time Casa Academy. I'm growing weary. But.... 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and COVID-19 haters. Just a quick check in. Have a wonderful day. Another 24. Blessings x

P.S. For the approaching Easter holiday, I thought you would enjoy...

An Easter Hallelujah - Cassandra Star & her sister Callahan - YouTube
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in and I am feeling the same way about Covid and the government. Its very political here in the states and driving many crazy. I do not plan on getting the vaccine unless I have to prove it to travel by airplane. The one shot vaccine by Johnson and Johnson is only 66 percent effective. Why shoot that into your body for that kind of effectiveness. I have already read that the vaccines effectiveness may only last 7 months. WHAT is that about??? Too many uncertainties. Today Mr. R and I were walking the neighborhood to see a bunch of fire trucks. Turns out a utility worker was up in the bucket truck changing a street lamp and his truck caught on fire. He was rescued by a fire truck ladder. He was not hurt but definitely shook up. Well another 24 for me. Looks like we are heading south in just 5 days!!! The countdown begins.

Comment

Techie, thank you so much for that music video! I absolutely loved it.

Rava, I know what you mean about the vaccines and all the covid politization. It's time for each individual to say 'Enough!' and to think for themselves. To take all the available info and after considering the sources, make a personal decisions. My case for taking the vaccine is this: Even tho they may not be !00% at preventing infection, they are (from what I've read) 95% effective protection from getting a serious case if you do get it. So, that's why I think the vaccine was the way to go for me.

A neighbor from across the road came over two days ago and knocked on our door. In the 29 years we have lived here, that is the first time she ever came over. We know each other tho thru different contacts and from having kids the same age. Anyway, I invited her in and she told us she was just here to inform us that there was a calf in our front pasture that was lying down and its mother was very, very upset. She saw this when she came out to get her mail. Her box is near where the calf way lying. We called the folks who run the cattle here and they were over lickety-split. Unfortunately, it was already too late. It saddened all of us, especially my granddaughter who has been here the last few days. They are having an autopsy done. We were grateful to her for taking the time to come.

Anyway, that's just another slice of life here. It's definitely not all sunshine and daffodils! But it's definitely a good day not to drink. 24 more please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; March 31, 2021, 06:10 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Did the Oregon daughter and her bf move back to Vegas [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? I know you mentioned that they were thinking about it, but I haven't been following any of the other threads to see if you mentioned they did...

Great music video [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I wonder if Mr Cohen knew how popular his song would become, and how many variations of it there would be!

That was nice of your neighbor [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I wonder if the Covid restrictions got to her and she needed some interaction with others lol. Maybe it'll be the start of a great friendship!

I can't imagine what home schooling your grandkids would be like [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I don't think I would have the patience!

When's the official move date [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Have you hired movers to deal with it?

I'm going to bet it'll be tough driving away 5 days from now [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but you have a different place to call home now!

Any side affects from the shot [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? What vaccine did you get?

Comment

Good morning. I’m humbly asking for another 24. Blew it last night and need to come clean. I know I can do this. I have been sober for a long time before. I need to get my head back in the game. Lack of structure and too much free time is adding to my stress level. I can make excuses all day but it was my choice to drink. I’m going for a walk now. 24 hours please.......

Comment

Working...
                                X