~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I'm definitely hearing less peepers than usual this year. I'm wondering if it's due to the dry conditions that we have had. Still love to hear them, even if their numbers are reduced!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Techie, thinking of you:hug: 5:47 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, been hard to pop in just cuz the site acts weird lately,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
        Last edited by paulywogg; April 12, 2021, 07:49 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m officially sick and tired of this move! Boxes everywhere, lists telling me what to do and by when. At least it’ll soon be over. Jessie’s new family will take her on Wednesday. I don’t know how much she understands what’s going on, but she’ll have a great life. It’ll be a change from living with us, going to a house with a dog, 2 cats, a lizard and a teenager!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, thinking of you. Dill, most important.... you know what to do and you did. Hanging out in the Cafe!

Pauly, did you decide to go back to the salon?

Spring break is over so Casa Academy is back in session. Only one student now as the youngest goes back full time today! Hoping numbers stay low so the middle schooler can go back soon too.

I'll take 24 more!!

Comment

It's been a while since I last posted. Fell off the wagon pretty hard and am struggling to get back on. I wake up in the morning full of determination, and can usually make a day or two. But by day three the voice in my head tells me that I need a drink, and I suddenly find myself going back down the spiral. I really need to find something to grab a hold of and remain sober.

So, I will start my day one today. 24 hours for me please.

Comment

Welcome, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! You're in the right place. I was where you are now many, many times. The only way to succeed is to not give up!!! Hang in there.

Pauly, I'm happy to see you. I had been wondering why you were not posting and I was missing you!

QW, you will miss Jessie more that she will miss you, I believe. You have done a wonderful job transitioning her. This moving business will be over soon and it will be worth every bit of the effort.

Techie, sending prayers your way.

Grateful for yesterday's 24 and going for 24 more.
                Last edited by dill; April 12, 2021, 09:10 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just a quick note to say welcome to the Cafe Big Al!

We’re a group of non-judgemental, supportive folks who have been where you are. We know how hard the beast tries to control us and how hard the struggle can be. Hang in there, it’s soooo worth it.

Don’t be afraid to lean on us for support if you feel the need.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those buried in boxes. Things quiet. Mom is sane. Hitting the golf course. 9:30 tee off. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Welcome@BigAl! You can do this! One second, one minute, one day at a time! Don't listen to the voice, it's not your friend!

Glad that you were able to get out and enjoy some "me" time on the golf course [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! It will help keep you sane!

Good to see you back Pauly!
                      [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] it sounds like Jessie will have a great home with lots of activity! I'm sure that you will miss her but I think that you're going the right thing!

24 more please...

Comment

Good Morning Cafe and welcome Big Al! This is the best place to be for lots of support and friendship. We are all in this together and know what you are going thru. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's cake day in the Café! Huge congratulations going out to you

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Comment

Welcome back [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], and welcome to the Club and Café! I know AA isn't for everyone, it wasn't for me, but there are a few things that I did agree with in their methods. So here is one for you. Those in AA say you should attend at least 1 meeting per day in the first 90 days, in other words, 90 in 90 or the 3 month challenge. So challenge yourself to come here everyday for the next 89 days and commit to staying sober for just today. And do that everyday for at least 90 days. And as was said, lean on us for support whenever you need it! And when you think of picking up that first drink, remember your challenge to yourself...

Yep, moving really does suck [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and I imagine you're doing a lot of the packing yourself. The good thing is, at the other end you only need to unpack the essentials right away! You have the rest of your life to get everything unpacked!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; April 13, 2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Big Al! Welcome to our little group, we take it one day at a time here Ginger, I don't want to but my daughter is managing now and they're very short staffed, makes me cringe but two days I think I can fake it up there haha, just been in my life too long tho and I don't like it, good and bad about the kids going back to school, I know it's some piece of normal for them but I'm worried these states are rushing back too soon, I see Michigan has it really bad with the variety there, hubs niece in upstate NY just got outta the hospital from covid, it's still circulating and it's a bit worrying, 5:38 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today! Wishing everyone a happy AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X