~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:43 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day, Big Al you're doing great!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Big Al, I second Dill and Jude's suggestion to check out the 30 day challenge with Anne Grace. It was the shot in the arm I needed a couple years back.

No school today! Going to get some much needed chores done today.

24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Keep up the momentum, Big Al. Hope things get sorted out QW. Have a great day folks. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Anne Grace, I will have to take a look. I will take all the help I can get at this point. Day 5 today. I feel solid with it, but don't want to make the mistake of looking too far ahead. One day at a time, and it won't be today. Sign me up for another 24 please.

Comment

That's too bad about the set-back on the condo QW. Hopefully, it will get sorted out soon!

Definitely check out Annie Grace's book [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It might just give you the motivation that you need to ignore that beast in your head! You're doing great!

24 more for me please!

Comment

I've come to the end of the Ann Cleeves Shetland series and am on the hunt for something to read. I'm open to suggestions. I like to keep an audio book going.

Today would be a great day to not drink! 24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm not sure what genre you like to read (listen to) [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I'm all over the map when it comes to reading, except for romance lol. Our 2nd oldest daughter is really into audio books, likes to listen to them as she's running or cycling. She thought I might like it, but I prefer to read, rather than listen. Bubba says I'm a poor listener lol.

We've got a snow/rain mix in the forecast for tonight, so it'll be another day of yardwork, pruning trees, seeding some grass, fertilizing the front and back, etc. Enjoy spending time outside with Hank, although he's not much of a helper, he prefers the foreman's job, sit and watch me work lol.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. You are doing great Big Al! So happy for you. We are officially done with settlement! QW you will be soon too once your buyers get their documentation. So freeing to have it over. You think you are doing well but in reality the stress is heavy! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Things did get sorted out yesterday and we were able to do the walk through at the condo. We took a couple of folding chairs, our first day box and some cleaning items the movers won’t transport. Usually lawyers speak nicely to other lawyers but ours had a very Frank & Blunt discussion with the other lawyer and they came to an agreement that allowed us to get in. Part of the purchase agreement was that a professional cleaning be done of the entire condo plus carpets shampooed. It was a pleasant surprise to find the work had been done. We slept peacefully last night.
                      Today will involve another trip to move stuff followed by more packing.

Big Al, you’re doing great! I like your one day at a time attitude. I agree, it’s good not to look too far ahead. As alcoholics, we can’t take our quits for granted.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; April 17, 2021, 07:40 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful day in our neighborhood. Perfect day for our gkids belated birthday BBQ!

I'll gladly take another 24!!

Comment

Alright, day 5 is successfully over and moving on to day 6. Lots of yard work but still a bit chilly to get annuals in. I appreciate the support folks, you don't realize how much means at this stage. Just to know there are people who KNOW. You know?

24 for me please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Ann Cleeves lovers. Busy day today. Off to soak myself in the beauty of the outdoors. I realize I live in God’s country. Another 24 for me. Blessings x

P.S. Great progress Big Al!!!!
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Have a blast [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]... I'm not sure what genre you're interested in, but I'm currently reading Travels with Charlie by John Steinbeck, and am thoroughly enjoying it!

Stay on the sobriety path [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! It's so worth it! There's a documentary on Netflix called Intervention, which you might find helpful. It's a good reminder of the dark places where alcohol can lead us. Read or watch everything that you can on addiction and recovery. At least for me, it's a good motivator to say no to the booze.
                                [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] so glad that you were able to move forward on the condo. It won't be long before you're all settled in!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X