~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Yay for you Big Al, keep up the good work. We are all in this together. I completely forgot to check in yesterday. Got caught up in condo stuff. QW, you are almost there! Waves to everyone and hope the day is a great one! Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS I have caved and getting my shot today....

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awaiting the arrival of the movers. Can’t wait for everything to get done today! It was a pretty restless night.

Cowboy, sounds like you’re giving retirement some thought. I thinks it’s a great idea to get more selective on the jobs you take on, one of the many benefits of working for yourself.
      For Big Al’s benefit, I worked in banking, economic development, wedding photography and small business counselling. Yesterday I was stopped at a red light behind a car that was purchased at Big Al Motors!

Back to last minute move details. I may not be able to check in tomorrow, depending on internet getting connected.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy hump day! Running late.... Great job Big Al! Stay close.

24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & late check-iners. Gorgeous day here. I’m hopino you all have a great one, even with late season snow. Another two four for me. Blessings x
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], well I'm not the source of that used car! Although it sounds a bit more desirable than my current occupation! [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], the hangover free days are great. In fact I am still in the stage where prolonged sobriety feels like some stimulant that I have dosed.

Double digits for me today. Day 10 is starting to wrap up alcohol free. Feels good.

A little bit of a funny situation, I am making ragu for supper and needed a cup of red wine. So I went into my local liquor store and picked up a small paper container of the cheap stuff. Felt weird. They looked at me funny like they had not seen me in 10 days and now I'm buying something completely different than normal. Felt like playing with fire a bit, but I survived alcohol free and that cheap red wine is currently braising with some good cuts of meat in the oven for a few hours.

Thanks again folks. It seems silly to me that a group of people online who I don't really know are such an integral part of my quit, but you are. You really are.

24 more please.

Comment

Cold and snowy here today as well! I take comfort in knowing that it won't last!
              [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm glad that you will be getting vaccinated. I do think that eventually everyone will be required to get the Covid vaccination. Maybe not by force, but I can see in the future having to show proof of vaccination to eat in restaurants, attend public events, etc...I was really on the fence about getting the vaccine, and still worry about the long term effects of doing so. We shall see...

Another sober day for me...

Comment

Good morning cafe. QW hope today goes well with your move. Big Al, good for you. That was a big step going into the fire and coming out strong!!! No side effects from shot so far. Hope everyone has a great day. Taking my dog to get groomed. Hope he behaves today... He normally does not. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Hello freedom lovers! Great job making it to the double digits, BigAl. And I really congratulate you on buying that cheap red wine and not getting anything else! I am 100% sure I would not have had the same success at 10 days.

Rava I don't think the shot will bother you one bit. What one did you get?

Jude, I'm glad you didn't have any significant problems with your second shot. I sincerely hope you are wrong about that idea that people will have to show proof of vaccination to attend certain events. Once the option of vaccination is available to all who want it, I don't think people should have to prove anything. Aren't we supposed to be safe from the infection by having it? If so then why do we fear going to a venue where others will possible have it? If others want to take the risk of not being vaccinated it is their choice. Should we not be protected from them by having our vaccination?

Cowboy, I was wrong yesterday. We actually had 5 inches of snow and it was pretty much gone by late afternoon. But it was beautiful! Like you, I also worry more about the temps. Last night got down to 29F in our area. Mr. D and I covered up our fruit trees with plastic tent like enclosures and he put some small heaters inside them. We have a peach tree, nectarine, Asian pear, and two apple trees. We couldn't cover them all so we left the apple trees exposed. They are supposed to be ok down to 28 degrees, so we shall see...

Pauly, I don't notice people being so much short tempered as I just notice them being subdued and withdrawn. Less friendly. I think it is due to the masks mostly. Not being able to share smiles is very unhealthy psychologically, IMHO.

24 hours of freedom and mental clarity please.
                  Last edited by dill; April 22, 2021, 06:24 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think it's why so many of us come to online recovery forums [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], it's about as anonymous as it gets, but you still feel a friendship to others. You're with people who know what you're going through because they've been there themselves, and that they truly care...

We didn't get any snow or rain last night, just windy. Hank hates the wind, and when he has a restless night, we have a restless night lol. It's supposed to be cold tonight, -10C (14F) and even colder tomorrow night! But the forecasts have been so wrong regarding precipitation and temps for the past month that I don't think we'll get down that cold. Still too cold to think about opening up the camper for the year and we're going to start seeding mid to late next week so I might be driving back and forth daily until it's safe to have water running in the camper.

Edit to add: I hear what you're saying [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! The home that the mil is in has been fully vaccinated, including workers, yet they are still only allowing 2 visitors in at a time and by appointment only! What's with that??
                      Last edited by abcowboy; April 22, 2021, 06:39 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's cold Cowboy brrr! Yea they're allover the map with what they allow and don't allow even with vaccination and restrictions,one of the hockey players here is pissed cuz they told them if they got vaccinated (which he personally didn't want) that they'd be able to leave their bubble and it didn't happen that way,I dunno how I feel about any of it really,5:46 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                        Last edited by paulywogg; April 22, 2021, 07:49 AM.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Woke up to 52 degrees! It will be in the 70s today. Perfect hiking temps if I didn't have to teach. I miss retirement. Lol

Big Al, you're doing awesome. There's no way I'd have chanced I trip to a liquor store at 10 days. I know I'd have caved!

24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends, snow bound, and BigAl statisticians. I love this thread. There is a bond that creates a sense of trust and wellbeing in me. So, I am grateful to you all. I’ll even be more grateful when Cowboy starts making a gluten free breakfast. I hope everyone has the best day possible. Another II IV for me. Blessings c
                            Last edited by techie; April 22, 2021, 11:03 AM.
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                              Woke up to 52 degrees! It will be in the 70s today. Perfect hiking temps if I didn't have to teach. I miss retirement. Lol

Big Al, you're doing awesome. There's no way I'd have chanced I trip to a liquor store at 10 days. I know I'd have caved!

24 more!!
                              [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but the alternative was ragu without wine in the sauce. I believe I am morally and spiritually obligated to make ragu properly.....

10 days behind me. Day 11 is happening now. Take care fellow cafe friends.

24 more for me please.

Comment

Happy Friday cafe! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X