No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job on 2 weeks [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]!

You know, I'm not even tired of Covid anymore, it's almost like I'm just ignoring the fact that it's around. What does bother me is that it's the only disease anyone ever talks about! And I wonder why everything else is taking the backseat due to Covid. How many people are not getting adequate care for other ailments and procedures that need doing. How much damage has been done to the mental health of so many people, old and young? It just keeps going on and on and on. Hopefully the vaccinations will have some long term benefits, not just a quick solution to an immediate problem.

We will be starting to scratch the dirt later this week. I have a couple of small jobs to finish up today and tomorrow, then I'll have Wednesday to get moved out to the camper. The temps are supposed to climb this week a bit and hopefully will stay above the freezing point or just below it.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy, your position on covid perfectly describes my own. Thank you for articulating that for me. I too find myself gradually moving on and away from the constant focus on covid. I am grateful I was able to get the vaccine and I have confidence in it. So much so that I am returning to volunteering at the local hospital. Unfortunately the coffee shop is permanently closed due to circumstances related to covid precipitated changes in the services provided at the local hospital. There is much less traffic there for the coffee shop to make a profit. So, instead I have signed on to volunteering in the ER. I start Thursday.

BigAl you have done such an amazing job! Congrats on 2 weeks!!

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; April 26, 2021, 01:04 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Please join me for another AF day!

Comment

Dill, what will you do in the ER?

Techie, thank you for the cancer alternative medicine info. Very interesting. I've saved it just in case we ever need it. Now I need to figure out how to suggest this to bil and neighbor. Any suggestions?

Back to Casa Academy so best get going. 24 more!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, I’d be happy to trade activities for today as yours sounds much more fun than mine.

There’s no doubt Covid has dominated so much of our lives and we are all tired of it. And other diseases haven’t gone away, they’re just out of the news.
            I’ve learned from navigating the health care system with Mrs QW’s Parkinson diagnosis and ongoing treatment not to accept everything we’ve been told by medical practitioners. In my opinion, it’s critical to make sure you are satisfied with what you are being told. These can be life and death decisions and you may not get a second chance.
            Having said that, I believe medical practitioners are doing the best they can under difficult circumstances.

Melbourne Australia hosted a footie game over the weekend with over 78,000 people in attendance. They’re able to do this because their leaders made the tough decisions when they needed to lockdown the country and Covid there is virtually non-existent. How much needless death and suffering could have been avoided if we had done the same in other parts of the world?

The sun is shining, temps are warming up. It’s going to be a great day! Enjoy it af!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
              Dill, what will you do in the ER?

Techie, thank you for the cancer alternative medicine info. Very interesting. I've saved it just in case we ever need it. Now I need to figure out how to suggest this to bil and neighbor. Any suggestions?

Back to Casa Academy so best get going. 24 more!!
              You are very welcome. When one has been down that road, there is a lot of networking and data sharing. Many times it’s life saving. It becomes a fellowship. My experience in a Tijuana Medical Clinic was my differentiator. My time there was key to my overall success. The doctors from MD Anderson who brought cutting edge treatment protocols over the border to save lives while the FDA dragged their feet. Learning plants based diet strategies targeting tumor growth. Most helpful and life changing for me was learning about the mind body connection, the placebo effect, and self love.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Buenos días Cafe friends and the COVID weary. I agree, Cowboy. I find myself engaging more in life unaffected by the continual pandemic noise. Me, I think that’s healthy. While, I will never let my guard down, at the same time I will not allow myself to be paralyzed by fear. Fear is a four letter word for unhappy. I am off to a 9:30 tee time with my Monday foursome. Wishing you all a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings
                Last edited by techie; April 26, 2021, 09:48 AM.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all, long day, but sober. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Cowboy, you said exactly how I feel about Covid. So sick of it all. I try to avoid all the news anyway due to politics and other issues. Techie I was wondering if you could put your alternative cancer link on this site to share? I would love to research it for my own information. Dill good for you volunteering in the ER. That should be interesting and sounds like you will not be bored at all. I am going back to my thrift shop job today. Looking forward to just seeing people even tho we have to wear a mask at all time. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Ginger, my ER job will consist of things like sanitizing surfaces between patients, re-stocking supplies, running samples to the lab, and doing whatever they might ask me to do as needed. The shift will be from 8-12:00 noon. It will be much different than the coffee shop! But our local hospital is undergoing changes and many services are no longer provided there, such as outpatient surgeries. The ER is still up and running, thankfully. It is the closest ER to where we live. It's a 15 minute drive from our house. The next nearest is 25 minutes.

24 more for all of us please.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Volunteering in the ER sounds interesting [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. How did you find out about the position?

I'll take another 24 please...

Comment

That sounds more like a paid position than a volunteer one [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. With governments cutting funding in all areas, it's surprising how many paid positions have been turned into volunteer positions and more and more fundraisers are being held to try and keep facilities open. A lot of our smaller center facilities have lost their hospital designation and have been turned into long term care centers but I think it's because of a lack of doctors in the rural areas. We do need more long term care centers as well as doctors willing to practice in the rural area.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, good for you to step up and help in your local ER. It sounds like interesting and rewarding work and I bet you never get bored. As Cowboy pointed out, a lot has changed in health care with many roles changing.

Techie, I think it would be great if you could create a link to the information you gathered on cancer. We lost a friend to cancer many years ago. She had treatment in Mexico and it gave her several more months but the damage caused by 50 years of smoking couldn’t be undone.

We made good progress in emptying boxes yesterday and gave several to the office manager who will pass them on to people moving out. We bought a package of boxes from U-Haul for the move which included a wide variety of sizes, tape, bubble wrap and paper.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sounds like everyone is busy here in the Cafe! I'll take another 24 for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X