Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Rava View Post
    Good morning Cafe! Cowboy, you said exactly how I feel about Covid. So sick of it all. I try to avoid all the news anyway due to politics and other issues. Techie I was wondering if you could put your alternative cancer link on this site to share? I would love to research it for my own information. Dill good for you volunteering in the ER. That should be interesting and sounds like you will not be bored at all. I am going back to my thrift shop job today. Looking forward to just seeing people even tho we have to wear a mask at all time. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
    Give me a few days. My mom is failing and I’m going back to her care facility in an hours or so. Thanks for asking xoxo
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and volunteers. My mom is not doing well. It’s just a matter of time before she transitions. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening all. Another non-stop day. But it sure feels like spring is in the air here in the midwest. Another 24 please and thanks.

I have a business trip coming up. It will be tough.

Comment

My mother passed away today at 2:05 pm PDT. She was an amazing woman that was loved by many. Tomorrow may be too busy to check in but know it’ll be another 24 for me!

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] I'm so sorry about your Mom. It sounds as though her quality of life was not the best for awhile, and I'm sure that she is in a better place now. :hug:

Stay strong on your business trip [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! If the urge to drink comes upon you, fast forward to the next day. Do you want to wake up with a clear head or a hell of a hangover and lots of regrets. Your choice.

Another 24 please...

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your mom's passing [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I hope you find peace and comfort knowing that she's in a better place and that you have another angel looking down and watching over you...

Hope the business trip goes good [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], log in as often as you need to and keep telling yourself that you're going to hit the pillow sober, no matter who, no matter what...

A bit of snow on the ground here in Veg, not sure what happened at the farm though. Seeding could possibly be delayed a day or two...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. A mostly sleepless night for me. I was parsing through family photos and responding to messages from family and friends. So, I will try and nap later today after a conference. I’m in a six month mastermind group. Unfortunately for me, we have a two hour conference via zoom at 7am PDT. Eighteen of us from all over the world. I want to thank you all for your kindness and support. My mom touched so many lives and was loved by many. So, another 24 for me. Blessings x

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss Techie waves to all and another 24 for us all
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My condolences Techie on the passing of your Mom. It sounds like hers was a life well lived. I hope the many fond memories you must have are a comfort to you and your family.

Stay strong on the business trip Big Al. I know how tough these situations can be but I found that drinking a non-alcoholic beverage and watching others drink to excess can be amusing! At least you’ll remember what you said and did.

Off to a medical appointment this morning, a nice break from the settling in routine.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Mom had a life well lived. What a great legacy.

Big Al, you got this! If things get hard, walk away and check in here.

24 more all around!

Comment

Techie, so very sorry for your loss. It’s never easy thats for sure! Good luck on your business trip Big Al! Hope everyone is having a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I saw this on another site and it really hit home. It's a bit long, but worth the read. 24 more please...

Oh hey there alcohol!! I see you!! Of course I remember you!! How could I possibly forget? How could I possibly forget the times you held my hand through some of the hardest and fun times of my life? How could I forget the endless nights l, days and early morning hours that we spent together. The parties we went to, the laughs and cries we shared. The ridiculous things we did together. The cuts, the bruises, the scars, that left me wondering how they got there? Those times you told me to go ahead and have another one until they were all gone or until I fell down or passed out? Those times you told me to drive my car at the expense of meeting the edge of the road so many times and hiding little dents in my car from my husband. How could I forget the times I woke up with you still on my breath. Those times you were trying to slip away in the mornings as I drove my children to school, yet you still were there. Those times I failed my children because of the fun nights we had that turned in to bad days. The dehydration, the headaches, the high blood pressure, the heart palpitations, the red face, the enormous weight gain. Of course I remember! The mornings of waking up not waiting to get home to you because I missed you. Because it was sunny, Because it was raining. Because it was snowing. Because it was Tuesday.
                            Because it was the weekend.
                            Because I was stressed, sad, happy, anxious, irritated. You were by my side through it all. You gave me a warm embrace each time we met. And the longer we spent together, that warm feeling filled my mind, body and spirit so full that I believed I could do anything. You gave me courage. You gave me friendship. You gave me the ability to take away the weight of the world that I carried so very heavily on my shoulders and in my heart. So yes!! I see you and I know you, oh so very well. I see the hours you have taken from me from becoming who I truly am. The heartache you have caused my family. The strain you have put on my relationships. The sleepless nights I spent because you weren’t there. The days I have woken up thankful to be alive. Yet I always came back. And you were always right there waiting. Waiting to poison me - so much so that I spent hours hovered over the toilet or was so sick the next day that I couldn’t eat.
                            You have given me so much. Yet you have taken away so much more. So much that I am just now realizing how much you took. I find new things every single day when I see the reflection of my worn face in the mirror, that you took from me. So I am done. I am done dancing around this life with you. Allowing you to take and take and take. Allowing you to control my next move, to ruin my relationships, my career, the lives of my family, my entire future. It’s time to move on. It’s time for me to do this life on my own. Am I scared of living this life without you? You bet. But guess what? Guess what?!!!! YOU DO NOT DEFINE ME. There’s just not room for you in my life anymore. I am stronger than you ever made me feel. I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a child of God. And I am who He says I am. And nothing less. So for me, this is goodbye. I will never forget the times we shared. I will never forget the way you made me feel. I will never forget the pure hell you have put me through. You don’t win. Not now. Not ever.

But you better believe that I have one last thing to say... Hey alcohol! I do see you! I see you clearer now than ever before! And you can go FUCK yourself.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That was definitely worth the read [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Working...
                                X