In MEMORY.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In MEMORY.....

Tonight, I once again find myself heartbroken for another family who lost a child to the brain disorder of addiction-AUD-alcoholism and the underlying causes thereof.

Tonight, I have decided that I will make a post on this thread (for as long as this site is here) in remembrance of anyone that I know or their family member who dies as a result of the brain disorder.

Tonight, I saw a person (friend) of mine at the store who had just buried their son (two days ago) and it was no secret in my little town that he suffered from AUD/drug addiction. I am so disappointed in so many of us, including myself, that continue to believe that people who suffer from such a fatal disorder do so willingly. No ONE chooses to be in the pain that a a person who suffers from AUD is in -no ONE.

So, tonight -I choose to hope for as much peace as may be possible for the mom and dad who lost one of their sons a few days ago to the AUD disorder (he was 32), and I continue to choose to hope for as much peace as may possible for my mom, dad, brother, and myself who lost my older brother (13 years ago) to this brain disease. I do not feel pity nor ask for such from myself or anyone else; instead, I only ask that each of us share our experiences with others and let them know that it truly is a brain disorder and that it is in no way possible the 'fault' of their's (or anyone else's) if their fellow member dies relative thereto.

I please ask that any of you share any moments where you have lost (or are in the process) of losing someone you know to this brain disorder -if for no other reason than to help yourself put in down on paper ---so to speak.

--sf--
    Last edited by Spiritfree; December 27, 2015, 07:49 PM.

Thank you Spirit for making a place to remember.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
    X