Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffRob887 View Post
    Really? It's okay, the point that she went out with you is a good sign.
    Yes, I'm a recovery expert, and I know a lot of people who are also experts in recovery.
    Just wait for a while, after a few days just tell her you miss her and that you need to see each other again.
    Might be a bit early in the piece to say I miss her, but thanks friend. Can you share a little of your story here Jeff? Just so we can get to know you better.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Might be a bit early in the piece to say I miss her, but thanks friend. Can you share a little of your story here Jeff? Just so we can get to know you better.
      How you doin? Well, I was once addicted to prescription drug, I became dependent to it, wherein I was in the situation where my loved ones are also affected by it but with the help and patience of friends and loved ones, I was able to overcome it. I had a hard time but later on realized that recovery is always worth it. Well, God gives second chances, right? Since then I decided to also become an advocate. I write blogs about recovery and things like that and now I currently write for recoveryexperts.com

Comment

Congrats on your recovery and willingness to advocate for others. What steps did u take to give up prescription drugs? What was your daily process? It may help others. thx.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Congrats on your recovery and willingness to advocate for others. What steps did u take to give up prescription drugs? What was your daily process? It may help others. thx.
          At first, I was on denial. But with the intervention that my family conducted, I realized that I have a problem. Well, that is the first step to recovery, right? Acknowledging that there is a problem. When I finally realized that I cause pain to others and that I've been dependent to prescription drugs, I decided that I needed to change. As I remember, my family helped me list down the benefits of having a sober life and the benefits of going to rehab, with that I overcame my fear and have swallowed my pride. I also entered detox clinics. Little did I know, my loved ones also made their research regarding my issues, which eventually helped me get better. After that I entered rehab. In rehab, I learned many things such as strategies in staying clean and how to fight the things that triggers me to used prescription drugs. I also went through therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, wherein I loved this part because I was able to do therapy with myself, with my family, and others, this therapy helped me how to avoid relapse. But that didn't stop there, I also went through ongoing support, my family and friend continually support me up until now. I also attended 12 step support groups and recovery meetings. But everything is only because of one person, it is because of God without Him I won't be able to overcome that. Thanks to Him, my loved ones, friends, and support groups! There you have it. I hope it helps.
          Last edited by JeffRob887; January 6, 2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are still with us.

One thing I must point out to you. You are a recovery expert on your own recovery. You are not, and cannot be an expert on anyone else's recovery.

We can be there for each other with information, education, encouragement, physical and emotional support, but we are not an expert on someone else's recovery. Humility and gratitude are two great things to be aware of and to practice. Calling myself an expert, implying I have the answers to someone's pain has some ego attached, and neglects the fact that the person in recovery themselves, is the real expert.

To want to help others is a noble path. But be careful how you advertise yourself friend. G

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are still with us.

One thing I must point out to you. You are a recovery expert on your own recovery. You are not, and cannot be an expert on anyone else's recovery.

We can be there for each other with information, education, encouragement, physical and emotional support, but we are not an expert on someone else's recovery. Humility and gratitude are two great things to be aware of and to practice. Calling myself an expert, implying I have the answers to someone's pain has some ego attached, and neglects the fact that the person in recovery themselves, is the real expert.

To want to help others is a noble path. But be careful how you advertise yourself friend. G
              Yeah, thanks for the piece of advice! So how about you? What's your story?

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the piece of advice! So how about you? What's your story?
                Just a guy who was once too scared to shine. Scared of his own potential and was too sensitive to the ups and downs of reality and everyday life, and found booze a quick and effective way to numb feelings and get through the day. Throw in a couple of tragedies (we all strike that) and that's about it. Lucky for me I don't want to live that way anymore.

Comment

Just a guy who was once too scared to shine. Scared of his own potential and was too sensitive to the ups and downs of reality and everyday life, and found booze a quick and effective way to numb feelings and get through the day. Throw in a couple of tragedies (we all strike that) and that's about it. Lucky for me I don't want to live that way anymore.
                  That's good to know. But anyway, I am experiencing something right now. Can you give me advice?

Comment

That's good to know. But anyway, I am experiencing something right now. Can you give me advice?
                    No advice, but I am a good listener. Fire away.

Comment

Hahaha how you doin guitarista?

Comment

Hahaha how you doin guitarista?
                        Stylin'

Take it easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X