If alcohol were a person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If alcohol were a person

How would you describe alcohol if it were a person? Is it somebody you would like to hang with, introduced to your friends, mom and dad, be married to....even if its not a person, its effects are pretty much in line with what a real person would do. Personify alcohol and let this be your cognitive therapy to evaluate the relationship you have with alcohol. God let me to personify alcohol as a husband. He's the most mean spirited possessive being, stole everything I had, humiliated me every chance he got, made sure my relationships were in shambles robbed me of years, gave me depression, anxiety, loose morals....DIVORCE.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Hmm....this really had me thinking...what would 'my alcohol' look like to me if it were a person?
    It would be the kind of woman that I thought I wanted to be best friends with. She looks cool, calm and collect on the outside...seductive, beautiful, opinionated, head-strong and loud when she needs to be....but I was looking at her through rose-coloured glasses this entire time.
    She is manipulative, a back-stabber, she talks shit all the time, she tries to get me into trouble, she makes up lies about me, makes me look like a fool...an idiot....she is a one-upper...always tries to show me up....
    And she's a little crazy - let's face it.

The kind of person that I couldn't cut out of my life for the longest time, because I wanted to try and help her...to rein her in...but a leopard cannot change her spots...
    So I finally needed to let go...and say bye.
    She ignores me now...and I ignore her.
    But I know that one day she will show up at my door...and want to be friends again....or what we thought our relationship was a friendship...but I just can't show up this time.
    I won't let her back in through the door.

Comment

Good question!

Firstly I have to say it changes over time but at this point in my life alcohol feels like this....

There is a child locked in a room that I am forced to ignore because when I used to play with her (drink) she never wanted me to leave.

She wants to have fun and play but because she is a child she doesn't know how to play safely. And the only fun we used to share was alcohol.

I am gradually learning how to play again and I know that one day, maybe soon, I can let her out without fear.

Yep, for me, alcohol is my abandoned inner child.

Comment

Originally posted by lizker View Post
        How would you describe alcohol if it were a person? Is it somebody you would like to hang with, introduced to your friends, mom and dad, be married to....even if its not a person, its effects are pretty much in line with what a real person would do. Personify alcohol and let this be your cognitive therapy to evaluate the relationship you have with alcohol. God let me to personify alcohol as a husband. He's the most mean spirited possessive being, stole everything I had, humiliated me every chance he got, made sure my relationships were in shambles robbed me of years, gave me depression, anxiety, loose morals....DIVORCE.
        Alcohol being person? For people who are dependent to it, it can be someone who is in a toxic relationship. Yes, we all know that alcohol is deceiving, at first you thought it was good, it makes you happy, it makes you forget the problem, but in the end it just hurts you, it leaves you clueless, it destroys your relationship, even your health.

Comment

Working...
        X