Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by autumn
    Does the Al voice ever go?
    That’s a good question autumn, and as I thought about it, another question came to my mind; does it really matter?

As has been mentioned above, most everyone still hears it from time to time, but it keeps getting weaker and weaker with time. I guess as alcoholics we have to accept the fact that every so often we may be tempted, why, because we’re alcoholics. We’ll always be alcoholics and we’ll always have an AV ready to talk to us when conditions are right. The more important thing I think is how we handle the AV when it pops into our thoughts again. I don’t call mine an AV anymore, I call mine the “I wish”, I wish I could stop at just one. But we don’t get all of our other wishes in life, and this is just another wish that I won’t get. I accept it, I’m okay with it, and I can let it rest….
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
    X