No announcement yet.

My Way Out members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. To tell you the truth, I didn't expect a response. I just wanted to throw it out there because I am so grateful to so many, many people.

I think that 'Like' button has decreased my posting. I can quickly click and move on. I am going to avoid that. Thank you Byrdie.

NS - you are right. I've also checked to see what is being viewed. It is very old threads many times.

Anyway - have a happy day. And thank you everyone. :welldone:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The threads being viewed maybe aren't by bots,I was looking up kudzu info on Google and an old thread popped up so maybe its people researching stuff? I do think someone is working on the site or else the advertising wouldn't be here,just takes some time I think,also I agree on the like button ruining the conversation bit,so easy to hit like but why did you like it ya know?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        Nora, I heard about this thread but this is the first time I've seen it!!! Thank you for the discussion!!

I know there may be many 'causes' for the lack of participation, but if we believe what we see about the viewing numbers, there are people who are looking, they just aren't participating. As a SUPPORT forum, we expect those who have gone before us to chime in and offer the easiest route from A to B (and are grateful for it). I have always been active in the Newbie's Nest, so that is my home thread and I check in and try to contribute every day. But I also READ the Daily Abs thread and 'like' various things, but I don't respond. Believe it or not, the posts that I used to put up in the nest each morning would take me 45 minutes or so....by the time I was able to read around, I really needed to get on to my 'day job'!! I think the LIKE and THANK buttons have contributed to the demise of our responses. Don't get me WRONG, I love them, but they have made me lazy! Nothing sparks conversation like conversation! It's EASY to respond when someone raises a point and you have perspective. When we don't get that conversation, we don't have much to work with so it fizzles.

I've said all that to say this: Make it a point to write something! A support forum is a 'give' and 'take', not just a 'take'! If everyone here just reads and never posts, there wouldn't be much to grab on to. A discussion forum can't survive without discussion. I think that is one of the things we are lacking.....we've gotten lazy!

I COULD HAVE read Nora's thoughtful post and hit "liked" and gone on my way thinking 'it's a shame things are slowing down'. BUT we are the lifeblood of MWO, it's our dooty (ehehehe) to bring it back up to speed! Read and POST!!! Edit to add: Case in point, this thread has gotten 194 views and only 13 responses.

I owe my sobriety to MWO. It saved my life. The least I can do is return the favor! Byrdie
        Byrdie - I will never tire of reading your kind, considered and sensible posts - You are a true asset to this forum

As I have mentioned before I owe an awful lot to mwo - The inspration, guidence and friendships I have made here

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
        The threads being viewed maybe aren't by bots,I was looking up kudzu info on Google and an old thread popped up so maybe its people researching stuff? I do think someone is working on the site or else the advertising wouldn't be here,just takes some time I think,also I agree on the like button ruining the conversation bit,so easy to hit like but why did you like it ya know?
        Hi Pauly - I regret to advise that the adverts you see (unless you are using an adblocker) are Google Adsense ads - This means that the site is able to make money from leads generated from this forum - Google is able to pin point exactly where a referal has come from - This in itself is not necessarily a bad thing but it does mean that, unfortunately there is no one doing anything behind the scenes on this site - Indeed the script issue I pointed out months ago still exists - It is really sad that the meds section lot have already gone, (ok, matter of opinion)this was purely through desperation and lack of moderation - It would be a travesty to see the general section going the same way

I dont see this section suffering in the same way, so it is up to you (plural) to maintain the session traffic - Google rankings, generally look after themselves, unless you want to pay $150 a month for SEO

I could waffle for hours (days) about how to enhance your google rankings but as no one who can do anything about it is listening, I will save my breath (fingertips)

Alcoholics need you guys - You are just the next generation

Regards

Bacman
        Last edited by Baclofenman; June 8, 2016, 04:54 PM.
        I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
        Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

I didn't realize that Baclofenman,thanks for the info

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It is sad that there isn't enough organization and commitment by whoever is in charge to keep this site alive if it is only $150/mo. Surely 15 people would pay $10/mo or 30 would pay $5. Compare that to the cost of an addict's booze for a month or - more to the point - rehab. However, many of us went down that path with subscriptions and donations, only to see things get worse.

Does anyone know who owns the site?

Comment

Excellent point. I know that we can save this site. Many of us can do whatever it takes.
              "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Nora, I am guilty of like button to express my feelings - through someone else's posting. It is lazy and sad. I don't contribute financially anymore as I did for many years until the subscribers all left. When MWO was out of that $$$, a kind member donated $15K and I think we deserve some moderation. Maybe I missed other ways to contribute. So many have left because of the lack of mods so it becomes a fulfilling prophecy.

As Nora said, MWO's MEMBERS have consistently been there for me. I followed the sober folks and got sober, there were friends when I needed one, I stayed despite being "run off" by some folks,I involved myself in drama when I saw people trying to destroy it, I had friends when I cried, were joyous when I was. And, as G said, "I am all who I've met (or something like that).

I don't want to mention names because I will forget someone, but [B]you know who you are.[B][ You have been there for every battered and bruised member, comforting sick and suicidal members, the list goes on. Remember a few years ago we donated enough money to send a member back to the UK where as a UK citizen he could receive free medical member? I wonder how he did, does anyone know?

In any event not one post here by members ever goes un-noticed or un-read, you are all vital to MWO. For many, MWO has started and maintained special relationships. The anonymity has helped us shed our shields and speak a truth only known to alcoholics and problem drinkers.

MWO needs all of us, and I am grateful for it.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Well said. I have followed many here to for support for many years. So many have been there for me. I know my situation is different. I post here my story and hope to,help someone too!
                  "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

I am posting much more, and if everyone could do their part, we will soon have a more active site. I do see effort in most sections, want to thank everyone and encourage all of us on our positive AF journeys. We can do this and live the life we deserve!!!!!

Comment

^^What she said

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopyC View Post
                        I am posting much more, and if everyone could do their part, we will soon have a more active site. I do see effort in most sections, want to thank everyone and encourage all of us on our positive AF journeys. We can do this and live the life we deserve!!!!!
                        I've noticed that you've been posting a lot, SnoopyC, and have appreciated your efforts. You remind me that it is the people who show up that matter.

Thank you, NS

Comment

Working...
                        X