the 1st Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 1st Day

I'm 8 1/2 into my first day of sobriety. I've taken my supplements..a little late but I took them. I keep thinking about not drinking tonight. I'm going to keep myself busy....I hope.

the 1st Day

Welcome Magnum
    I hear what you are saying - trying to think about not drinking! I do it all the time - its a habit, I think, but things do get somewhat easier. I think the topa is the key to this program - I am still waiting to get some. Best of luck to you.
    Why dont you tell us a little about yourself? You'd be amazed how many people you will relate to here and maybe telling your story will make you feel stronger in your resolve. Will likely encourage others to tell you theirs as well since many people will probably relate.
    Welcome!
    Jen

Comment

the 1st Day

I'm 36 years old (male) and have been drinking since high school (hard in college). I hate this feeling of being out ot control but living a life without alcohol is so foreign to me. I hate this body I've created. I'm 40 pounds over weight and absolutely hate it. I hate being out of breath from bending over tieing my shoes (don't laugh, it's true, ok laugh it's kind of funny).

Comment

the 1st Day

Hi Magnum,

Welcome to MWO! Well, I can tell you I have lost 20 lbs in 12 weeks. I have exercised however almost daily. That helps to keep you busy, and helps with the drinking too! Ok, truth told, it may be a little stress related as well, but I am sure the exercise and lack of alcohol has played the largest part!

Day one is exciting and a bit scary. You can do it though! Stick with it! Drink lots and lots of water!!! Tell me, what other parts of the program are you planning on doing...exercise, cds, meds? They can all help with your success and help you to reach your end goal, whatever that may be, abs or moderation.

Best of luck to you as you get started!

Donna

Comment

the 1st Day

Hey Mag, Welcome
          Good for you for coming here. It will help you a lot. I'm on my 13th day of abs. Its amazing how fast its gone. Dont worry....you will lose weight just from not having alcohol calories alone. Plus guys somehow have it easier in that department somehow too. Anyway tons of support here just keep postin and readin. gabby

Comment

the 1st Day

Aution, I've purchased the cd's, the book, and the supplements. My doctor wants me to wait until my blood work comes back before she prescribes Topo. I tried listening to cd's and I have a hard time focussing on them. Is that normal or am I.........below the curve?

Comment

the 1st Day

Welcome Magnum.

It does get easier on the not thinking about drinking part after awhile. I personally liked the tapes. Mostly found myself feeling very peaceful and relaxed after them.

Good Luck I know you can do this! come back and keep us posted we are here for you.

Hugs,
              Mary

Comment

the 1st Day

Day 2. Ahhhh. I made Day ONE! I can do this.

Comment

the 1st Day

Hi Magnum and welcome,

I'm nearly into my 4th week. I'm 40 and been drinking for a long old time but every day since my hubby died 18mths ago..

I tried moderation but although I was cutting down the alcohol which was better I've decided it's not enough. Didn't drink yesterday so this is day two for me too

I've also just started a CBT course and have decided the first module I'm going to do is the Sleep one - so hoping that with no drink I'll not wake up so much in the night and have more energy during the day.

So - Good Luck M - I'll be watching your progress along with mine....

H x

Comment

the 1st Day

Oh, I so think you can, Magnum!

You can do this.

Tawny

Comment

the 1st Day

Hi Magnum,

Welome to day two. Sorry I didn't get back to you. My internet service has been in and out since last night.

No I do not think you are below the curve! Too funny. You found this site didn't you?

The cds do take some getting used to so give yourself some time. For the the clearing the cd, try breaking the session up into two 1/2 hour sessions so it is not so long. Also, are you using headphones? This also helps. Try and relax and let the hypnotist do the work for you.

For the hypno cd, you are going to want to have cues and visualizations ready. You can also break this one up into two sessions. If you go to the discussion area and click on "Surf into Summer Abs Event" there is thread there called "Program Basics" that has the cues and visualizations outlined in the book for the hypno cd, as well as tips for listening to all the cds.

You are doing great Magnum! You are well on your way!!

Donna

Comment

the 1st Day

Congratulations, Magnum! You're here and starting to do something really good for yourself...and, you're right, you CAN do this!

One day follows another in an amazing way!

Keep up the good work--
                        best, susan

Comment

the 1st Day

Day 3.

Thanks for all the support! I'm doing pretty good. the supplements are helping and I'm not having many cravings, though it's still early. I am really tired though, is it possible the supplements are doing this? I literally had to get my 8 yr old daughter to go bed at 7:30 last night cause I was soooo tired. (didn't want to leave her up alone).

My plan was to take the week off from drinking and maybe have some "fun" this weekend but I'm thinking I might just lay low and see how things go.

I told my doctor I would start to decrease my drinking until she came back from Ireland and was able to check my blood test and prescribe the Topo. Maybe I don't need it. Would be nice not to take that but I could use to loose a few pounds too. I did loose 3 pounds so far but I thinks that's the liquid and lack of beer.

Comment

the 1st Day

Hi Magnum, the tiredness can come just because your body is detoxing everything and your liver is working to clean everything out. Plus, you're withdrawing from sugar as well, so your body just wants to rest more than usual...Keep it up, the fourth day plus is when I usually feel "great" and go out and "have one", but don't do it. I'm not going to! Stay strong..

cynthia

Comment

the 1st Day

Welcome Magnum,
                              You'll have tons of support here- visit every day- Patty

Comment

Working...
                              X