No announcement yet.

December Army (Chrimbo) 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Ms Molls - how's things with you ?
    Sigh of relief here as apparently young Satz didn't drink yesterday - or if he did he didn't get drunk ........ and continue from Wednesday night.
    Small mercies at this stage.

He has accepted there is a problem but will not use the term alcoholic and continues to think he is better than 'drunks' that he sees at AA I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
      that is what he would have been HOPPED on in the treatment centre I was in -- there were therapy sessions devoted entirely to one member of the group if they appeared to think that -- but by the time that session was over no way did they think they were any better or different to any other addict -- it's only active alcoholics who have a problem using that term imo -- someone in good proper long term recovery should have no problem - in fact it should be a point of pride. it certainly is for me --he really really needs to talk to someone who he will listen to about that attitude - it's the downfall of so many
      I will talk to him over Christmas and ask outright WHAT it is that he does not like about AA.
      Funny thing he is signed up to help out the Dublin homeless
      - but for the family support here - that is him in the cardboard box. 85% of them have drug or alcohol related illness and problems.

Weather here is 'dire' - storm Barbara has hit landfall - we get quite excitable in Ireland when we get a 'bit of weather' :haha:
      sitting on me laurels here wondering should I be more panicked ...... :egad:

Comment

Afternoon now..so arfternoon lovelies.

Had to go and panic buy a butter dish.

I don't care what I'm called as long as its not stupid. I'm an alcoholic along with people like Betty Ford ( a president's first lady), a PR woman (our Satz), a retired midwife (our Mrs A), a librarian (our Molls) and me (wife of a lawyer).......and that's just a quick sample of the top of my head and sorry I've only mentioned women....gawd if it was a knitting circle people would be begging to get in.

What I'm trying to say we come in all shapes and sizes.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And I wanted to be like you & Jacks :hug:

And that's the crux of it - until young Satz wants that too he will be on the roller coaster forever.

Comment

Answer me this............is it a good idea to lug/carry/haul a 10kg box of hotmax fuel logs ( they're to go with Mr JC's fire pit) into the living room and then wrap like a mad woman before he gets in from work......................the answer is no. Think I've strained my back.............please don't drop anything on the floor as it'll be next Chrimbo before I'll be able to bend again.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              And I wanted to be like you & Jacks :hug:

And that's the crux of it - until young Satz wants that too he will be on the roller coaster forever.
              Aren't you lovely :hug:

That's exactly it though getting off the damned roller coaster............or hamster wheel I've heard it called. Just get off the blessed thing its lovely when it stops.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; December 23, 2016, 01:39 PM.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I can feel a group hug coming on................

You know even all them years ago when made my first post I can remember bricking it case no one answered.........and someone did
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                  haha --- oh I remember that (me.. not you ;-) ) and the first time I started a thread??!! omg -- think I stayed up half the night horrified in case NO ONE would post on it!!!
                  Yes, yes.yes that one as well.

I was doing mine through a haze of diazapam (valium) my hands felt like two very heavy hammers.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Merry Christmas Army xoxo
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hey Techie, how are you doing??

Any everyone else.. good chat here earlier. I remember SHITTING myself posting here, Id never posted anywhere in my life (maybe once on FB, then I ran away again), let along write something so personal!

And I wanted to be like all of yiz. :angelgirls:
                      Yea Molly, desperation in the quest to be sober is a big one.
                      We bought wine today for Stephens day (my lot coming), weird feeling and part of me wanted to race through to next week and get the whole xmas stuff done. But Im tired, more rational tomorrow.

Hope work was ok Starts..

Oiche maith.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Some smart young mares 'round this gaff. The blokes have got a few clues too. Great to read the reflections on the word alcoholic. A Merry merry christmas to everyone. X

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ARMY!!!! :love:
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you for this wonderful discussion today. I am copying your posts in my little file I keep. So much of this just hit home with me - I should have honestly listed what troubles were caused in my life from alcohol. It's a long list.
                            Anyway, very wise words here. Thank you.

Back to my Christmas movies. :heartbeat:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love these convo's it keeps it all real for me.

I have never used the term alkie or addict to anyone outside of here. However I fully accept I am one. Before I got sober the first time, I spent hours, days fearing what I had become but never being able to properly admit it as like young Satz, I felt I had not reached the depths of a street drunk. Once I found this place and realised that there were many people JUST like me I was able to fully accept my lot and deal with it. Even relapsing I was fully aware that I had not been "cured" and that I was still an addict and always would be.

My first post felt exactly the same as yours, I had to pluck all my courage to post and then the FEAR that I would be ignored or ridiculed was palpable. Nearly sent me off for another drink

Looking forward to a lovely day today, early shop at Tesco, hair do then wrapping pressies and spending quality time with the doggers and Mr Starts snuggled in front of the telly and eating shite

Comment

Morning Molls. I agree, lets all have a peaceful day with NO stress.

Just done my Tesco shopping and you would not believe how busy it was! They had even run out of Mince pies and stilton. The lady on the cheese counter looked totally stressed and was not at all helpful but I just smiled and walked away.

Merry Christmas to ALL

Comment

Working...
                                X