Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help, about to drink

Originally posted by kuya View Post
    I totally understand where you are at. I suffered from PAWS but at a much later stage and it was hellish. I had the flattest feelings, not depressed, not anything really, couldn't be bothered with anything, didn't clean the house, didn't want to shower, life was pointless.

The problem was biochemical....my brain (that had been running on booze for 25 years) was lacking chemicals.

I cannot tell you this will fix you but I can tell you what to try.

Go online and get one (or all if you can) of the following supplements

Theanine with GABA

Inisitol powder

Melatonin

Tryptophan

High dose Vitamin Bs

If you need advice on dosing then ask here.

Don't drink, it WILL give temporary relief but you will reset the progress you have made and will still have to go through this process later, whether that be weeks months or years from now.

Understand that what you are going through is NORMAL and you can get over it.
    A year and a half later and I'm pretty much in the exact same situation. i've been sober since Sept 2017 now, because I had some relapses last summer. I feel like I should feel confident in my sobriety, but I still have strong urges to drink. I'm willing to try supplements now, as I'm getting close to giving up on sobriety again. If kuya or anyone else can recommend on dosing with these supplements, I would really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi South.

For me the first year was up and down with my sobriety. I felt like you, confident one minute and not so much the next. Believe in yourself that it will get better. I thought around the 8 to 9 month mark "is this it" and yes now 4 1/2 years later this is it and its great. Keep going, keep plodding long and you will get there.

I am sure if you look back a year and a half ago to the life you have now that it has to be mostly better. Even if its just little changes they are something to be grateful for and not drinking is one big grateful.

I dont have any idea on dosages for supplements but if you post around some active threads there may be some members who know and can help you. Kuya has not been on a awhile now.

dont give up, life is better sober.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by southshoregirl View Post
        A year and a half later and I'm pretty much in the exact same situation. i've been sober since Sept 2017 now, because I had some relapses last summer. I feel like I should feel confident in my sobriety, but I still have strong urges to drink. I'm willing to try supplements now, as I'm getting close to giving up on sobriety again. If kuya or anyone else can recommend on dosing with these supplements, I would really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance
        Hi Southsg,

Most of the supplements I mentioned can be obtained from a company called biorecovery. The dosages are stated on the product. I found theanine with GABA very useful and still do. Buy as many as you can afford and take them for three months at least.

Good luck
        Last edited by kuya; January 2, 2019, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X