Six and a half years later ~ A long time coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six and a half years later ~ A long time coming

It has been years since I started a thread, I am doing this now in the hope it will help my accountability.
    I want to prove that there is always hope for every single person to beat this no matter what has gone in the past and how dark and impossible it may seem right now.

Below is my thread from way back in May 2010 after a 90 day AF stint and an attempt to moderate. It was a disaster. Despite all the support I received from friends here only one person can finally call enough and mean it.
    I have posted a link as a reminder myself this cannot continue, finally it stops.

I have been planning my escape for a while now right down to the very day Jan 1st 2017. But stopping a daily habit that has gone on for a long long time and taking in, I estimate, about 100+ units a week is never going to be plain sailing. I have failed so many times in the past and know only too well what hurdles are ahead of me. At the moment it's all good and I am looking no further than sunset today. I will face tomorrow when it arrives, armed with the knowledge I have gathered over the years and a grim determination not to continue what can be only described as a slow suicide.

Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Ahh tabbers what a wonderful post to read today.

I also loved reading your post from 2010 and seeing all the old names and remembering them with fondness and a tinge of sadness

You and I have been here long enough now to know what works and I am not going to wish you luck or share platitudes but I will say thanks for sticking around

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
      It has been years since I started a thread, I am doing this now in the hope it will help my accountability.
      I want to prove that there is always hope for every single person to beat this no matter what has gone in the past and how dark and impossible it may seem right now.

Below is my thread from way back in May 2010 after a 90 day AF stint and an attempt to moderate. It was a disaster. Despite all the support I received from friends here only one person can finally call enough and mean it.
      I have posted a link as a reminder myself this cannot continue, finally it stops.

I have been planning my escape for a while now right down to the very day Jan 1st 2017. But stopping a daily habit that has gone on for a long long time and taking in, I estimate, about 100+ units a week is never going to be plain sailing. I have failed so many times in the past and know only too well what hurdles are ahead of me. At the moment it's all good and I am looking no further than sunset today. I will face tomorrow when it arrives, armed with the knowledge I have gathered over the years and a grim determination not to continue what can be only described as a slow suicide.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/te...bit-story.html
      All I can say Tabbs is maybe change the mindset.
      This is a GOOD thing ....... enjoy not pouring poison into your body and "committing slow suicide".
      Don't think of it as a battle - think of it as FREEDOM at last :yay:
      Unless you are happy sober it won't work imvho - maybe start writing down the positives of being sober here on your own thread ?

EDIT : God that sounds so bossy - sorry Tabberooney. Best wishes :hug:
      Last edited by satz123; January 8, 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to reading your posts here Tabbers - we're all rooting for you.:sohappy:
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I'm rooting for you too Tabbers!sending you strength
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ok senior Ktab, lets do it, Its now your time.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

May the road rise up to meet you.
              May the wind be always at your back.

You can do this.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great to see this Ktab! I do hope you keep us updated on this thread. You know we are all here for you!
                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Not needing to drink anymore is a very sweet relief. Seize the freedom, Ktab! :hug:

Comment

Wonderful post KTAB. Set a very strong intention and you can do anything you want. Just so you can do your part well, we'll provide the prayers and light to assist you xo
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Ah, Tabbers. What a great thread to read. Dropped by to see how everyone is doing at MWO and this is the first thing I saw.

You and I started here about the same time. We even had a "buddy challenge" in the beginning, not that either of us managed to stay AF for long, but we're still here and that is what really counts. I know I'm not around much to give the support I should due to working long hours, but seeing this, and Mr. G and Starty and others who are old "friends" here clocking up AF time, I will try to be here more in this New Year for others who need support. It warms my heart to see your determination, and something tells me that this time you've got it. Today is day 457 for me - in 2 days, I will be 15 months AF. Free of AL, free of the hopelessness, free of the nightmare that was my life before I finally got sober. I am a different person, my life is not much different, but I am. I am accomplishing things I never could have done while drinking. I walk differently, I look different, I feel that I have myself back again. I control my thoughts, not AL. We can't control our lives, fate does that, but we can control each and every move we make - every decision we make with a clear mind is ours. That is the freedom we gain when we rid ourselves of the chains of alcohol, when we break free and take our thoughts and actions into our own hands. I know you can do this and I so look forward to watching your progress, my friend. The strength is within us, we just have to believe in ourselves and we can accomplish anything. So, as Mr. G says - let's git it!!!
                      Last edited by stirly-girly; January 8, 2017, 12:56 PM.
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thank you to each and every one who took the time to read and post their support here, it means more than you could imagine to know that I have your support.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Go git it KT.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

We will be right by your side, KTab. If there is anything I can do to help, Im a click away. Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

It sounds like you are ready Ktabs....it took me decades to be ready so now is ALWAYS a good time.

Lovely to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X