Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Today I'm grateful that I found MWO when I did and 5 years on not to be drinking.
    Facing issues with a hangover or while actively drinking would be madness !!

Returning bullshit talk from my son with my own bullshit talk would be HELL !!

The End ....

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
      I'm grateful that I happened to look out the front window just as a herd of deer were gathering and preparing to jump our pasture fence and head into the woods for the night. What a beautiful parade as they jumped one by one and sometimes by twos. Lovely!
      Sounds lovely.
      The only wildlife here in semi-suburbia is the odd renegade squirrel crossing the path from the small wood in front of our house and some crazy blackbirds out back - :haha:

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I saw several deer as well the other night, only they were not jumping over a fence, but rather the ditch, just before they appeared in my headlights. Grateful that I did not hit them!

Comment

I’m grateful for a snow day. It is only a medium storm, but my meeting in the city is cancelled. School is closed, but they let us in at 6:00 a.m. for our lap swim. I have some work to do on obtaining a Blue Star Marker for local vets. I will enjoy walking the dog through the fields in the falling snow. But there certainly will be time to put my feet up in my chair by the gas fireplace with a good book and popcorn.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbeam View Post
            I will enjoy walking the dog through the fields in the falling snow. But there certainly will be time to put my feet up in my chair by the gas fireplace with a good book and popcorn.
            Such lovely simple things that now make us happy Sunbeam? when we are not terrorised by thoughts on alcohol - where to get it - is it an ok time to drink - where will I hide the empties?

Comment

I'm (almost) grateful that I'm an alcoholic! I wouldn't be the man I am today, nor made so many fantastic friends here on MWO if I wouldn't have learned how to accept and appreciate help when I've needed it most. I've learned more things about myself these past 5 years than I could have if I was still drinking...
              Last edited by abcowboy; February 8, 2018, 08:27 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another amazing thing we have learned thru technology and academic advancements is what the first people to inhabit Britain actually looked like! They used DNA extracted from skeletal remains that were found in a cave in Somerset in 1903. The remains are 10,000 years old! Wonder if they had alcoholic beverages back then too.
                Cheddar Man: DNA shows early Briton had dark skin - BBC News

I'm grateful for knowledge and learning.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                  Another amazing thing we have learned thru technology and academic advancements is what the first people to inhabit Britain actually looked like! They used DNA extracted from skeletal remains that were found in a cave in Somerset in 1903. The remains are 10,000 years old! Wonder if they had alcoholic beverages back then too.
                  Cheddar Man: DNA shows early Briton had dark skin - BBC News

I'm grateful for knowledge and learning.
                  Fascinating Dill - he was quite handsome

Comment

quite handsome, indeed!

I am thankful for stability in my life. I have a good job and a roof over my head and food to eat. My loved ones are healthy and well. And, there are places like this.
                    "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Isn't it amazing that he had blue eyes? I found that fascinating. I just find it incredible what we can do now with all the tools we have at hand. I'm grateful for life's mysteries and for mankind's quest for understanding.
                      Last edited by dill; February 9, 2018, 07:25 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I am grateful that the Spring has sprung over these parts.
                        We have first daffodils.

Comment

Thank you, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! You give me hope! LOL!:thanks:
                          Dill

Comment

I'm thankful that [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] posted that picture. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Comment

We need a “love button” for this photo.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

So true [MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION]! I'm grateful that spring is just around the corner! Well maybe not "just", but it's on it's way lol. I'm grateful that my seeds are starting to arrive in the mail, not much longer before I open up the gh..
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X