No announcement yet.

Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight I'm grateful to be able to get home early, play with Hank, and read in the shade while he plays in his pool
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Express your Gratitude

Without getting to personal with identifying info; tho the photos are freaking awesome! I spent my day building a puppy cage out of what I had around the house and yard. The sandbox in the back corner will become a bathtub in the cage. He has a tube to run through. Its 8*8, but I'm sure she will learn from my 2 1/2 year old poov. I need to add a top railing for the screenings and she will try to climb out but this is whats gone on today. Sure I don't need to make anything this permanent but I had fun doing it. Hope the links work. I'll crop one without my face shortly.

Remember I need name suggestions
      Last edited by empyr3al; June 7, 2017, 10:44 PM.
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I saw a picture of a puppy somewhere and my heart stopped!
          how about scooter? tuffy. yin. yang. ying yang. geez, I don't know! She's adorable and you need to keep us posted on her temperament and the name you decide on! She's the little dickens!

p.s. and is she spoiled already or what?!?!?
          Last edited by idefineme; June 8, 2017, 12:01 AM.
          "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
          “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

for me tonight I'm thankful for safe travels. Got pulled over on my way home from the dog park and got a warning. I'm thankful for cops that have compassion and understanding.
            “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm grateful for plants, even though I currently have far too many.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I don't have her yet. She is 4 weeks 4 days. Legally its 8 weeks of age before I can get her. Vet is all setup. I have another dog, my poovanese (Half a Poodle and half a Havanese) that is 15lbs and 2 1/2 years old. Love him to death, and get him today. Shared custody. Hoping the one dog I trained well will assist training in the new one I get in a couple weeks. Obviously some bad habits but mostly good ones. Because she is small I made this contraption because the yard is large and there are many escape routes until she is grown a bit. My Poov can't escape anymore after I tracked all the openings, he is roughly 10"s tall. Need some cool ideas for toys or contraptions. I have the tube already for a play toy. A sand box I will fill with water for cleaning and to let her cool down. Nothing to tall that she can jump out as the mesh is only about 3 feet tall. Its only 8x8 so its kind of limited. Have 3 spikes to put in the ground and will get 100 feet of wire to mesh them together with so as entanglement is not an issue.

Dog therapy is a cool thing if you feel lonely. Companionship is huge in recovery when you've killed off all your bad influence friends or lost your wife or someone to suicide.

[MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] she will be spoiled. Names so far Spark, Jackie, Sport, Twister. There are naming conventions for dogs that they pay attention too. Two sylables, and and S is strong for a dog.

Grateful I get to spend time doing things instead of sitting around in depression. Grateful I got to help out an old friend. Grateful for the new class I joined (DBT if anyone know what that is).

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] I spend so much time trimming plants. There is one specifically I keep to monitor myself and whether i am losing to depression. I think its called a spider plant. The ones I cant seem to keep alive are cilantro and rosemary. Cilantro is the bain of my existence. My favorite herb but hard to keep alive unless inside.
                Last edited by empyr3al; June 8, 2017, 07:38 AM. Reason: Play options for the dog.

Comment

Grateful to have work everyday this week.

Comment

Grateful sanity has returned to my life.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Grateful i have never given up on myself. The universe seems to have noticed and sent a pretty maiden who i really dig, my way.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Grateful to be home and to sleep in my own bed tonight. Also grateful that the visit at MIL's was actually really pleasant.
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Grateful I did some more work today and got some ideas. Went to my GP, went to my dentist, got my poov (dog) and started more work on the puppy park. Also mowed the lawn lol.

The sand box is going to be her water cooling station and bath station. Wish it was flat and larger but it will work for now.

FIXED the the bad cropping. So this is a setup that involves 2 screw type pegs marked in blue. With a high tension cord between them. Then I attach another high tension cord to it. The theory works that I can attach to the main cord between the two pegs with clamps so I can limit the movement of the dog where I want it. Just improvising. What do you think?

Horrible crop job, maybe I will fix it. The top is where the dog is actually attached.

Grateful I can get things done and my mind is working again!!!
                          Last edited by empyr3al; June 8, 2017, 09:45 PM. Reason: Fixed image

Comment

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], I don't have a fenced yard, so I have something similar to the above. I have one end of a 75 foot cord attached to my deck, and the other end attached to a tree. Then I attached a dog tie-out (plastic coated dog leash with clamps on both ends) to the line. Not nearly as good as a fenced yard, but it does the trick. How about Scooter?

I'm thankful that I have tomorrow off! First thing on my agenda is to sleep in!

Comment

[MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] my yard is fenced but this dog is small and genetically a digger and could easily get out. The entire play pen thing is stapled to the ground and tucked under it is another 6" of mesh if I actually need to dig a trench and block the digging. I'm putting a top rail on it tomorrow. So I need a temporary playground for a couple months due to size and digging. Trying my best to make it fun and safe. Out of the play ground that wiring contraption was what I came up with. Sounds like you have done something similar which is cool. My Poov gets attached to a rail in the unfenced front yard so it can't reach the side walk. There are dogs every 20 minutes walking past the house. He is way to friendly with other dogs and I cant predict other dogs behaviours so I take care. He also wants to be with me all the time so I've had to come up with ways to work it.

Grateful we can take care of dogs and love them this much. Dog therapy!

I have a couple weeks to decide on a name; but the kids will start calling it something so I have to decide this week. Scooter I will consider.
                              Last edited by empyr3al; June 8, 2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I'm so grateful after seven months, I get to see my kids tonight. Lots of hugs and kisses all around. :love: Grateful I'm sober and have no intention of ruining this family trip.

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] You have out done yourself Emp!!!... Seriously, you have talent and are such a wonderful Puppy Papa!... Love the pics!... Oh my, she's too adorbs!... :heartbeat: Think your looking for names that start with S. Howza about Sookie or Cutie pie, or Olivia, or luv ~ luv....., Maddie, Sadie, Sami, or-or.... Been a few yrs since having the pleasure of pups in my life. Used to have something similar that [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] describes in back yard. Have kitties now. Think they respond well to the letter E. Not sure about pups. Your first pup baby, is going to be so very happy, as you are to!.... :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X