Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Grateful I was able to get into quit smoke program. Been trying for two wks. Sup, escalated. Going for Mon 9-11-17.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - Thank you and bless you for all your hard farming work!... I'll try and show hubs pic. He will like. Hope after harvest you'll have some time to relax. Go out with the Mrs for a steak dinner. :smile:

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Yes, its so uplifting to read everyones gratitude!.... Thank you!.... :smile:

Comment

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] - I hope you are somewhere safe.

I am grateful to have this thread to visit when I am not feeling very grateful.

Comment

Hi again - sorry to be a downer. Drank last night and going through the gsr.
        3 weeks gone.

I am grateful to have found the time and energy this morning to get in a little workout.
        Trying to find the mental strength to not turn this into an entire month drinking.

Yesterday I forgot to take my amino supps in the am, then didn't eat lunch so I really set myself up
        to not be able to handle a crap day.

Comment

A learning experience for you, I hope.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

^ Yes, it was.

Comment

I think you probably disappointed yourself the most ssd, but we all feel it with you. I know it won't turn into a month long drinking marathon because you came right back and were honest. Honesty is a very big part of sobriety, mostly being honest with ourselves and then to those around us. As [MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] said, hopefully you gained some insight, why did you drink, what could have you done differently... Any slip is a good chance to figure out where we went wrong and what we can do to prevent it from happening again. If you want my number, or FB info, just ask, I'll be around to talk if the urges get overwhelming...

I'm grateful for the honesty we show to each other, if we can't be honest here, then we probably can't be honest anywhere else...

edit: I think I just x-posted you ssd lol
              Last edited by abcowboy; September 8, 2017, 05:54 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I left that post and then went to work - then regretted whining!
                So many people are going through so much right now that my issues are so small.

I did think about how I got myself there - it was mostly the lack of lunch, worry about my brother in Key West (he wasn't returning my texts) and a few irritating obstacles. My brother is ok so that is a huge relief. He was on his way out of the state when I was trying to reach him.

Comment

I've lived in rural areas most all my life [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and I'm amazed at the beauty I still see in the countryside...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well there you have it ssd, lesson learned and new tool for your toolbox! And I don't call it whining, I call it reaching out :happy2:
                    Last edited by abcowboy; September 8, 2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I am grateful for life, but very sad for my friend whose 14 y.o. Daughter was hit by a car and killed yesterday. Life is precious.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Such a tragedy Sunbeam, thoughts and prayers out to the family....

Comment

Originally posted by ssd858 View Post
                          Hi again - sorry to be a downer. Drank last night and going through the gsr.
                          3 weeks gone.

I am grateful to have found the time and energy this morning to get in a little workout.
                          Trying to find the mental strength to not turn this into an entire month drinking.

Yesterday I forgot to take my amino supps in the am, then didn't eat lunch so I really set myself up
                          to not be able to handle a crap day.
                          I just recently had a bender and wasn't too proud of myself. And I mean past 10 beers which really creates alot of anxiety for me .Other slips Ive only had like a 6 pack but it was greater than that , So revisited Doc last week and got armed with meds I ran out of. Thankful with weekend temptation there is no beer in my house

Comment

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION], that is so terribly sad! Prayers for you and for your friend's family.

Grateful for the friendships here.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] - my hugs and prayers to you and your friend's family.

Comment

Grateful for the beautiful clear nights the past few nights. The moon has been spectacular!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X