No announcement yet.

Paulysville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured I’d wait a bit before I added anything to what’s already been said, and you’ve had a few days to sort through what happened and where you go from here. And I knew that it would take a few days for you to try to get over what you did, answer the many pm’s I’m sure you’ve been getting, and try to figure out how to start posting again. And keep in mind the pm you sent me after your previous slip as you read this because I’m honestly worried about you as your slips are getting closer together.

You blew it, no simpler way to put it. That doesn’t make you a failure, it only means you weren’t successful at that attempt. As long as you’re breathing, you get another chance to do it right. You let everything in your mind get to you, and then you let your old coping mechanism take over. Time to put a stop to that way of thinking. I know you have many friends here, me included, who have given you their social media info, email addresses, phone numbers, etc, but you seem to ignore all that when the going gets tough. It’s time to change that as well, start using the support that has been offered, we can’t help you if you don’t reach out to us when you need us. And yes, we’ve all done the same, chose drinking over reaching out, but that doesn’t make it right.

I don’t know how to help you fix your plan to stay on track, but I’d like to offer a couple of suggestions, get on the roll call, everyday. I know you’ve said that counting days doesn’t help you, but maybe this time it will. Find a quit buddy here and use them, help each other get through the tough times, share your strengths, weaknesses, fears, thoughts, communicate your feelings to each other.

And get back to posting, you don’t have to say sorry to anyone but yourself, we all know what you’re going through because we’ve been there……
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Paulysville

Ok,I know Cowboy that you can't placate someone who had a relapse,,,but you and Mick's posts make me feel like you're beating a horse that's down on your thread,, I know,I should have reached out, I know I should have done anything other than do what I chose to do ,it was my choice, I don't post cuz I'm too feckin sad to ATM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Then you don't know me as well as you think you do Pauly. You see, up here in my neck of the woods we don't flog horses who are down, we shoot em to put an end to their suffering. On the other hand, we'll do everything in our power to save the ones that can be saved. Since I don't see any bullet holes in you, I reckon that you're one of the ones that can be saved, and I'll do whatever I can to make it happen :hug:
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm not in a very good place,,Christina has been in the hospital since yesterday, she's been having seizures dunno what brought that on,I just can't fucking deal with all that's going on.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Pauly. Sorry to hear that. Sending all of the healing vibes i can to Christina, you, and your family. Thinking of you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I ditto what Mr G. wrote Pauly. Now an additional thought. You can handle this. It's all mind set. How we think about situations, especially the tough ones. Stay strong and kept close ties to MWO. xo
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thinking of you Pauly. I am not big on advice these days but am big on support. All I can say is that you will feel better if you don't drink. The temporary fix is not the answer and I say that with humility and love.

Comment

Dang, Pauly! I wish I could fly out and help you somehow. Sending strength and healing vibes to all of you.

Comment

I'm sorry Pauly. Hoping that the dark cloud lifts soon. I'll be here when your ready to come back. You are stronger than you know

Comment

Pauly - your brother passing that way was so very traumatic for you and others left behind. Something none of us can understand because we are not you.
                      What I do understand is that to ease the pain you defaulted to something that you may remember worked previously to try to ease the pain.
                      My thoughts are with you - keep posting and take care of yourself.

Comment

Pauly, thoughts and prayers with you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thinking of you, Pauly..

Comment

Pauly - You are missed here. Sending you love. Please let us know how your sister is. :hug:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks everyone for thinking of me,my sister is back home with strict instructions to never be without her oxygen, even to go to the bathroom, rides in the car etc,I'm sorry I haven't been around much,,still trying to get a hold on the drinking unfortunately I don't want to be this person it feels dirty.

Comment

Thinking of you, Pauly. Sending light and prayers to you and family. xo
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X