Paulysville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paulysville

It was lonely in the cafe so ABC told me where you guys were hanging this morning. That's a scary true quote for most of us I'm sure! Pauly, I like yours TOO!

Appliances are supposed to come today. This is the first time in my entire life I'm getting all new appliances. I feel like a princess!

I'll hop back over to the cafe and let them know where the coffee is this morning! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Try this, if you click on the main thread name, then don’t go to the last page, just scroll down to the bottom, click go advanced, you should then be able to scroll through the last posts. You can also reply in the go advanced area, but when you click “reply” the database message comes up, but it posts your reply anyway
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The site is a mess, ABC. I asked [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] and others what could be done to increase the "findability" of MWO in internet searches and now we can't even use it! I can't look at my own profile to find and resend my post to the people who maybe could help us. This is a frustrating and sad situation. But, certainly not anything to drink about :haha:!
        [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], that emphasis on drinking suggests some underlying problems to me. Just be grateful you don't need any of that booze business :hug:. Hope the wedding is fun anyway. (And how great you won't spend tomorrow morning trying to remember everything you said and did, worrying that you had embarrassed yourself!).
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], putting in that tea bag cracked me up! I routinely drank out of a (grape)juice glass or coffee mug but never thought of taking "disguise" that extra step further!!

Comment

I'm so grateful that you have opened you thread for this use Pauly! Thanks. I love that saying you shared. It's catchy and I'll be able to remember it and repeat it!

Cowboy, I can't access your profile so I doubt I can access any others altho I haven't tried. I get the same error message as when I try to go to the Café. I didn't try what you suggested in the above post, but will do so in a minute. I agree that you should open up a new thread if this isn't resolved by tomorrow. I don't want to miss out on one of your fabulous Sunday brunches!

I loved the quote today Slo. It reminded me of many past antics. Did anyone here ever empty out a can of pop or sparkling water only to fill it with wine or another beverage of choice? You'll do fine today. Trust yourself! The last time I was in a drinking situation like that was when I went home a few weeks ago. But I just studied what others were doing and how they were acting in relation to how much they were drinking. It was interesting to watch and I was relieved I wasn't doing the same as they were! It felt like freedom. I'm not saying there weren't moments....but I didn't find it too terrible overall. I hope you don't either! "You didn't come this far to come this far!"

Ginger, How exciting! New house, new appliances! Good for you Princess G!

24 for me today please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy, I followed your instructions and it did work, but when I tried to post and then tried to go look at it, I got the database error page again. It's funny tho, I forgot I was on the café thread and wrote a message as if I was here on Pauly's thread, so the post will make no sense to anyone who sees it! LOL

Crosspost NoSugar, good to see you!
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Absolutely gutted tonight I found hardcore drugs at my daughter's house and I know it's the boyfriend's but she played so dumb I felt like smacking her! I'm so damn scared of drinking over this,my hands are shaky,my heart is pounding and I'm just feeling like shit,like my life is shit,I'm safe for tonight but goddam what about going forward? I feel helpless,this is one of the hardest days of my life.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Don’t drink over this, Pauly, or you will be being like him! Model something different than how he handles life. Be the strong one for your daughter and your little grandsons. I’m sorry you discovered the truth about him, but forewarned is forearmed. Your grandsons will have you to look up to, and they need someone stable instead of their dad! So lucky for them that they have you.
                Last edited by Slo; November 23, 2019, 11:18 PM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Oh Pauly, so sorry. I know how much you love those babies and your daughter, they need sober Pauly more than ever. Just remember, your being sober is your power! And I totally get wanting to smack your daughter!

Comment

That's a shocker Pauly - and I can more than understand how you must feel - particularly with those little guys in the house.. BUT -- this is where an addict most be selfish.. your addiction (well mine is anyway) is as dangerous to you as hardcore drugs are to others.. and you must must must put your own sobriety and your own frailty first..
                    Like we always ask ourselves in difficult situations 'what can I do to help?' - well Pauly #1 is to mind your sobriety.. if you drink on this it is as much a violation of those wee children as their father is with his drugs. They need you now - they need to know that they can trust you 100% -
                    But don't for one second think that I'm unsympathetic to how you feel - nightmare.. and god yeah - your daughter really needs to get a grip! sending you many many hugs and loves Pauly -- let us know how you are xxx
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks everyone,Molly that was the first thought that popped in my head last night (after it practically exploded stressing out!) I need to just be selfish with myself and my sobriety,I'm not wanting to punish myself for someone else's stupidity,hell I don't even WANT to drink I just hate feeling these feels but I'm best off just sticking to my guns and keeping on my path and living my clean life
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good girl Paully....stick to your guns. Drinking at this point would be just running away from the problem, which in no way will help your daughter or the kids. I'm sorry that you are going through this, but don't lose your hard earned sobriety over this! :hug:

Comment

Oh, Pauly, I am SO SORRY. I can't imagine the fear and sadness you must be feeling.

It is a very good thing that those kids will be able to rely on you - it is NOT selfish to focus on yourself. It is for them.

I'm so so sorry.

Pav

Comment

Pauly, you are a strong beautiful woman who doesnt need the crutch of al. Prioritise yourself, prioritise the grandchildren, say how you feel and dont hold it in. I find if i bottle things up it is not good for my mindfulness and my anxiety just goes into overload. You wont drink, you dont drink.
                            Maybe finding the drugs may make your daughter wake up and realise that her children are her priority. Sending you big fat hugs. xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Pauly, I see now why you were so upset - I am very sorry this has happened
                              Taking care of you first & foremost is a must! That way you can also be sure your grandsons are OK.

I just hope that the kids are not able to get their hands on this stuff. Their safety is at risk if their parents are not paying attention.
                              Drop a major hint to your daughter & make sure she listens. Hugs to you :hug:
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pauly - I am so very sorry to hear this. I know that this is breaking your heart. But, you are so right that you need to take care of you first. It's just like they tell us with the airplane air mask - put it on yourself first. Take care of you & then you will be able to take care of your daughter & the boys. :heartbeat:
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X