Paulysville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paulysville

Love, love, love this thread. And, I love, love, love, love, love you Pauly. :heartbeat:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love you too Nora
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was told by a member in a nice way that I complain alot,I don't mean to sound so negative but sometimes we can't see what others see,my goal is to focus on being grateful from now on,I have a cute gratitude journal that my daughter gave me,its pink with some pigs she painted on the cover and has pink paper but I haven't written in it since..let me look jeez March 8! Slacker! In it I write at least 5 things I'm grateful for (at least I'm supposed to!) Some are as big as being happy for the kids,some as small as a morning donut,a morning donut may sound small and stupid but drinking I dont care about small things like donuts or how awesome coffee is,all I can think about is stupid alcohol! This go around I'm gonna be grateful for the smallest things,I also armed myself with a few members' phone numbers and I plan on being a pest if that ugly drinking urge hits! I can't go back to that shitty,scary state of mind I was in,I won't

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, you complain as much as you need to. For some of us, it's a way of venting and can be of value. Holding back our emotions may result in drinking as a release mechanism. So, vent as much as you need to. So what if some folks here go into judgement, you do not need to take that on. xo
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Oh Techie,I'll always vent if I need to,thats the great thing about having a personal thread,you can bitch without letting it rub on other people's day haha it wasn't said in a mean way,it was more of a turn your anger into something positive sort of way,damn I'm tired! Busiest day of the week was today and I can feel it,just gonna watch t.v and be a bum the rest of the day

Comment

Compain?! Complain???!! You wanna see me in traffic Pauly. Mr ROAD RAGE. But only yelling to myself inside the car, i don't eyeball others. it has gotten to the stage where i give the finger to traffic but to no-one in particular though. I'd better watch that! Some examples from me.......'oh good one mate! c'mon down idiot number 1!' What are you doing fool? you're doing 40 in a 60 k zone....move it!' 'Oh gr8. look at this moron! There is absolutely NO reason to be slowing down or stopping. The way is clear ahead.....move it asshole!' I just talk to myself, but I love it. lol.

A Gratitude list and turning our thoughts that way everyday is a great idea i reckon. Sounds good buddy. An attitude of gratitude.
              Last edited by Guitarista; May 18, 2017, 05:33 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr.G you sound like me driving haha

Comment

Hey Pauly!

I think maybe you should write in your gratitude book that you have been at MWO five years and MOST of the time you have been sober!

You live in a place that makes sobriety VERY hard to maintain and with a partner that doesn't take your sobriety very seriously. Hell gf you are a total star!

For 25 years I drank nearly EVERY day with only 1 and 2 day enforced breaks every so often.

YOU have YEARS of nearly total sobriety and you keep on keeping on.

Whinge away!

Whatever it takes!

Comment

Mr G you forgot the best one - when they don't take off as soon as the light changes. 'C'mon Mate - It's not going to get any F***kin' greener!'
                    Last edited by Glass Half Empty; May 21, 2017, 02:11 AM.
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Vent on, Ramble on, Pauly! Strength to you.
                      Last edited by Mr Vervill; May 19, 2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                        Or as the urban myth does the rounds in Dublin -- taxi driver gets out of his car and goes to the woman in the car in front of him who's reluctant to get going - in his best Dublin accent 'any particular shade of green yer waitin for missus?' -- love that one ;-)
                        :harhar:
                        ( but men are such impatient f*ckers )
                        (sorry men)

Comment

Yeah Sats and yis do need time to check the lippy, we understand. Signed The Men haha..

How are you doing Pauly?
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Do OK,still tired for some reason which is starting to piss me off! Was thinking about Kuyas post and it is true I've been here 5 years and have been sober most of the time,I want to be sober all the time though also true that I dont have much support from my family,thats why I decided long ago to quit for myself not them,I just gotta stop letting myself down,its really hard though when I'm having that urge to not have a hubs who tries to talk you out of it,"just take it easy" is only a green light to rush to the gas station and buy my shitty beer! Its like I got permission to be a fool,the Soundgarden singer who committed suicide this week struggled with addiction in the past,I read an interview with him and he said you have to want to not drink/do drugs or you'll keep doing them til you die and that's the absolute truth,can't half-assedly "want" it you hafta want it,WANT it!

Comment

Hey pauly, nice post, thank you!

Comment

It's good to see you back Pauly :hug: missing Chris Cornell already - he was an awesome artist x
                                I get the complaining crap - I only wish it was socially acceptable to carry a wet fish in my handbag for slapping annoying people!!!
                                Take care of yourself x
                                LS
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X