Paulysville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paulysville

Shit,I better post this today cuz I always post in the morning and I don't want to get emotional first thing,my baby brother was 29 years old,he's the youngest of 8 kids and my mom didn't know she was pregnant cuz she had gotten her tubes tied so when Jon came she was sort of over it so he became like my baby,slept in my room,I took care of him at the ripe old age of 13,I got pregnant, married at 16,moved out and started my life,parents got divorced 2 years later and my dad took on the 5 kids left at home,he did the best he could,Jon started drinking and smoking weed at a very young age,in and out of trouble with the law,had his first daughter at 19 then a son and another daughter mid-twenties,all the while drinking very heavily morning til night,lost custody of all 3 kids,2 years ago he quit drinking, we were all happy thinking he was finally getting his life together, turns out he traded alcohol for opiates,meth,acid,etc.he sought guidance off the Internet from a "spiritual advisor" man I tell you he got so wrapped up in this lady's bullshit! When I saw him last in Nov all he would do is talk about her on and on,just weird shit,mermaids,fairies blah blah blah,then this shit happens cuz he believed he was gonna be guided after death into some other dimension, the notes he left behind were so muddled and weird it gave me the creeps,my poor little brother just sat in his room in the basement and slowly lost his goddamn mind! I'm so angry at him,no goodbye to mom and dad,none of his brothers, me, nobody. It comes in waves,when I first heard I lost all body control, I was shaking uncontrollably and I've never screamed like that in my life,had to pull everything I had in me to be able to drive the rental car home from the airport I was shaking so bad,left here at 8pm got there at 11:30 and I swear I dont know if I ever slept that night,my mom was extremely drunk with my cousin,I guess I don't blame her,its how she's always coped,the next day seeing my dad cry tire me up! I've only seen him cry once in my life when I was 10 and he was on the roof trying to fix leaks and he fell and shattered both wrists,anyways I hugged him and we cried and he just hugged me like he never has and told me he loved me,this is just devastating, absolutely THE hardest thing I've ever gone through, who the hell walks miles up a mountain with a rifle,hides in a cave and blows their brains out thinking its cuz they're a "superior being" according to his notes,and you can see the exact spot right from my dads house,he's gonna hafta see it every day,I couldn't stop looking at it,its haunting to know that's where he did it,sorry for the long ass ramble if you even got this far but I had to get some of it out,I go from crying, feeling OK,being angry its driving me bananas,I'm happy I didnt drink but I did smoke like a 1983 pickup truck,I couldn't stop smoking! I just hope my family will be OK,I hope i'lI be ok,I hope we'll all be OK,most important too is I hope Jon's OK.
    Last edited by paulywogg; May 28, 2017, 09:06 PM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - thank you for sharing. It is great that you didn't drink. Give yourself a break on the smokes for the moment.
      Hang in there friend. :hug:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly, I'm glad you didn't drink and I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother. Hugs and prayers to you and your loved ones.
        "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
        “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Pauly...:hug:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Pauly thank you for opening up to us.

What a truly devastating thing to happen. I hope your family can comfort each other through this.
            I wish I could do more than send my love and prayers to you.
            :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Pauly, I do hope you are getting some rest instead of being awake - but that was a very moving account your shared with us. You have shown so much strength - not only in not drinking but in dealing with this truely dreadful situation - there is no normal way to take it in. Please rant as much as you want and dont be afraid to talk to others face to face about this. Don't worry at all about the smoking. I hope you are eating - and as I said, getting some sleep. Lots of hugs and cuddles.

Comment

Oh Pauly, I am so so sorry.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Pauly, so sorry for you and your family, you are all doing the best you can. The shock of a tragedy like this has no words, feelings will be all over the place for a long time. Thanks for posting and feel free to contact any of us if we can help in any way. :hug:

Comment

Pauly - Strength, love and prayers to you dear one.
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Oh Pauly, I'm just now reading this news. I'm so sorry to hear of this tradgedy. My heart goes out to you and your family. Sending strength and peace to you and yours. I do hope Jon has found peace. -V

Comment

Pauly my deepest sympathy to you. I know from personal experience that not drinking is a strength in times of great stress. Thank you for letting it out here. I'm so very sorry.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hi, Pauly -

Love to you. I'm glad you stayed sober through it all so far.

Pav

Comment

Hi, Pauly
                            You wrote something on another thread that really touched me:
                            but I'm worried cuz I always was taught that if you commit suicide you can't be with God
                            I grew up with that idea, too, and it is hard to believe that what people we trusted taught us isn't true. But I think this one is wrong and there are many people around the world who don't believe it, either. These are all just ideas and we can't know for sure but it is incomprehensible to me that the benevolent force that created the world - God, Spirit, Life Energy, whatever a person calls it - would abandon at the end one of its most wounded souls. I think Jon has been freed and is at peace.

Comment

NS - Again you put into words the thoughts that I have...........I truly believe this

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                              Hi, Pauly
                              You wrote something on another thread that really touched me:
                              I grew up with that idea, too, and it is hard to believe that what people we trusted taught us isn't true. But I think this one is wrong and there are many people around the world who don't believe it, either. These are all just ideas and we can't know for sure but it is incomprehensible to me that the benevolent force that created the world - God, Spirit, Life Energy, whatever a person calls it - would abandon at the end one of its most wounded souls. I think Jon has been freed and is at peace.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I hope so NS,I made it through work OK but now I'm at home and I just can't stop thinking about it, I'm angry,sad,feel foggy,how do people get through this shit?
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X