One Step at a Time - June 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2017

I forgot it was June. I'll be back with a picture later.

Sometimes life is hard and all we can do is hang on. I'm so glad that we have each other to cling to.

And I'm back with a picture that hits home for me. So many of us are struggling right now.......not just alcohol but with so many things in our daily lives. Let's remember to give ourselves a pat on the back for the progress that we have made.
    Last edited by NoraC; June 1, 2017, 09:42 PM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - June 2017

I forgot it was June too Nora,heck I can barely remember what day it is,,love you all.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Steppers! I hope your day is going well. I made it to yoga today and it felt great. Hubs is putting down mulch, yay.

I hope we all have some small bright moments today that bring us joy, despite the many big health and family challenges facing many of us.

Onward!

P.S. If that was too Pollyana, feel free to tell me to can it!

Comment

Not too Pollyanna at all. That is what keeps me going. Finding joy & happiness & love in the everyday.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all. Just checking in. Thinking of you all - whether you're feeling like Pollyanna or snuggling into the blankie fort. Hugs :hug:
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Blankie fort please Glassy,no snacks just a roll of toilet paper to wipe my tears and blow my nose hope everyone has a peaceful night.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm in the blankie fort too. Plenty of kleenex and lots of hugs.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie - how's your work going? Great to have the time off but sounds like you are going to be busy, busy.

Rusty - Hope the commute wasn't awful.

Liz - hope you're having a great time

Big hugs to everyone. It's been such a busy week that I still haven't caught up with everyone. I think of you all the time though....
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora – I really liked your picture this month. One of my favourite sayings is ‘two steps forward and one step back is still one step ahead’. And given we’re part of nature, that makes sense. Just look at the way the tide comes in!

Pauly, you don’t get a roll of toilet paper my love. I’m putting a box of the best aloe vera infused tissues in the fort so your little nose doesn’t get sore. I've sent some popcorn and hot chocolate into the fort for you all too. Any other requests apart from some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: ?

kleenex.jpg

popcorn.jpg

hotchoc.jpg

Well technically I started my leave today but somehow I’ve still done 4 hours work – not sure how that happened! But I’ve kind of finished – for now.
                  Last edited by Glass Half Empty; June 2, 2017, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Morning friends,thanks for the tissue Glassy but I'm a t.p girl,ghetto I know but its sturdier and I can customize the size Nora,how's your mom doing today? Feel like I need Advil but I hate taking it,I've had a headache every morning just too much stress,they're trying to mess with Kells schedule at work and take away her Tuesday and give her Friday,I told her I dont want to be alone Friday, pretty pathetic I feel like I need a babysitter but thats the day we go to lunch,out shopping, etc I dont want to give that part of my life up waves to Rusty,Liz,Mr.V AG,TMH,The Techmeister and all else,hope today's a peaceful AF Friday for us all

Comment

Morning all! Just checking in. Another beautiful day here which we don't always get in these parts. I'm hitting the gym again today at noon.

pauly, nice job standing up for what you need, it's not pathetic it is SMART. I hope it works out. Big hugs from me.

Comment

Nice picture Nora!! Hits home for me as well. ONWARD Steppers!!

Comment

Good Morning and Happy POETS Day, Friends!

Pauly:hug:I so understand why you don't want to be alone on Fridays...your day off. Especially now, when you're vulnerable....it's NO BUENO to be alone. Like you, when I'm not traveling and I have a day at home, (although I am still working for clients), I love to go out to lunch with my closest friend and do a little shopping. I think of you often because she LOVES the Dollar Tree. OMG...they have the most beautiful cards for $1.00 and other things, too! Fantastic. I had never been there until she took me there. Funny thing is, she's married to a self-made millionaire and that's where she buys gifts! LOL. I think you deserve a medal of honor and class for supporting Tidegirl in an ongoing conversation on the So Lost Thread.:goodjob: I know she was grateful for your kindness. Despite your horrific loss, you always have the empathy and compassion to help others. That speaks to your character, Pauly. I agree with you....I hate the overused words, "Hang in there." I know people mean well, but....

Nora...I did not mind the commute yesterday...thanks for asking. I got to play with my client's 5-week old Morkie puppy (Yorkie/Maltese). Oh, I had so much fun!! So how is it living without your son and DIL in your house?

Glassie- I can never take a "leave" either. Hahaha! I am always working. It's my passion.

AG- you are NEVER Polyanna-esque! So glad you and hubs are getting along well and you can be fully present for your kids.

Mr.V- the main company I work with is out of Dayton. I love Ohio. It's truly an underrated state.

TMH-are you golfing this weekend?

Big hellos to Liz, Mr. G, Techie, Wildflowers, and anyone I missed!

Comment

Sheesh Pauly - now you're getting a bit high maintenance but here you go. Some special aloe vera TP just for you. That sucks about Kell BTW - is there anything you can do?

kleenex2.jpg

Now is there anything else I can get you guys in the fort before I go back to bed?

(It's 3am here and the insomnia is driving me crazy...)
                            Last edited by Glass Half Empty; June 2, 2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Oh Glassie-I had insomnia, too, I only slept two hours and when I did sleep, I had horrible dreams! Sleep well, love!

Pauly-please let us know how you're feeling today.

Skendall-how are you doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X