Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone

Hello
    Last edited by Peanut; June 15, 2017, 10:52 PM.

Re: Naltrexone

Is this place full of cliques now?
    Maybe everybody thinks I am a loser?
    I shall un - bookmark this site
    Last edited by Peanut; June 15, 2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Peanut,I'm sorry nobody replied to your thread I was gonna say yesterday that I have a prescription for Naltrexone but I've never used it so I'm not much help,maybe try posting in the meds section? There's still some peeps around who have used NAL,its been really slow here lately all around but I'm sorry you were overlooked, I hope you stick around,nobody thinks you're a loser at all! As I said its been a bit of a ghostown lately
      Last edited by paulywogg; June 16, 2017, 07:59 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I know a lot about Naltrexone, I no longer post about it in the meds section because I've been attacked and dismissed down there.

Naltrexone saved my life, it was the only thing that worked. I also know several people in real life who have also had similar results to me.

Please go ahead and ask me about it.
        Last edited by YouKayBee; June 19, 2017, 01:24 PM.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I use 50mg a day. It cost a fortune. Naltrexone gave me the longest lengths of sobriety so long as I kept taking it. The first couple days you get numbed but after that life is back to normal. Safe to take on alcohol withdrawal as I learned today. I got upset and stopped all my meds and used alcohol. Stupid mistake. Naltrexone will not make you high or happy. It just nulls.

Its so freaking expensive I need to use the Sinclair method. [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION] . I understand.
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al View Post
            I use 50mg a day. It cost a fortune. Naltrexone gave me the longest lengths of sobriety so long as I kept taking it. The first couple days you get numbed but after that life is back to normal. Safe to take on alcohol withdrawal as I learned today. I got upset and stopped all my meds and used alcohol. Stupid mistake. Naltrexone will not make you high or happy. It just nulls.

Its so freaking expensive I need to use the Sinclair method. [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION] . I understand.
            Did you use it as per The Sinclair Method which requires drinking with naltrexone to reduce cravings? Or did you use it on it's own without drinking? It can help with abstinence but the strongest effect is made when drinking on it - provided a strict yet simple protocol is followed.

For me it didn't cost half as much as my drinking, in fact only a small fraction.
            Last edited by YouKayBee; June 20, 2017, 02:18 AM.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I used it while AF for 5 months. So I didn't learn the elimination process like Dr. Sinclair. Before starting it I used controlled alcohol dosing taper under supervision until my doc felt assured it was safe to use Campral and Nal together. Using it on my alcohol taper currently as I'm so kindled the AWS sucks. Shouldn't take much longer. Journey to AF again. Yes if you are not drinking it is definately cheaper than what we pay for liquor here. The problem was before I used to cross the border to the states twice a week and alc was less than half the price as it is here. Its summer here so I will be offered drinks constantly. So am not sure if I should use the Dr. Sinclair method or just use it totally AF and only when in high risk scenarios. I have a couple months worth of NAL 50mg so I can make it stretch. Undecided but I'd rather be AF. Benders suck and they hit harder with less amount everytime. Horrible.
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Is this place full of cliques now?
                Maybe everybody thinks I am a loser?
                I shall un - bookmark this site
                I'm relatively new so I can't say much about it. There seem not to be too man active users and those that are seem to stick in specific threads. So there are thread cliques as people stick to a thread as its time consuming. I'm sorry you feel that way and will add you.

Comment

I used it while AF for 5 months. So I didn't learn the elimination process like Dr. Sinclair. Before starting it I used controlled alcohol dosing taper under supervision until my doc felt assured it was safe to use Campral and Nal together. Using it on my alcohol taper currently as I'm so kindled the AWS sucks. Shouldn't take much longer. Journey to AF again. Yes if you are not drinking it is definately cheaper than what we pay for liquor here. The problem was before I used to cross the border to the states twice a week and alc was less than half the price as it is here. Its summer here so I will be offered drinks constantly. So am not sure if I should use the Dr. Sinclair method or just use it totally AF and only when in high risk scenarios. I have a couple months worth of NAL 50mg so I can make it stretch. Undecided but I'd rather be AF. Benders suck and they hit harder with less amount everytime. Horrible.
                  My advice if you wish to take it is if you can go AF, go AF. If you are going to drink, use naltrexone.

Over here if you can get a private prescription it cost around £1 per tablet, you can't buy a drink in the UK for £1. I managed to get it prescribed on the NHS which then only costs around £8 per month (you can buy a years pre-pay certificate for £104 which covers ALL and ANY prescriptions for 12 months).

Ordering from a 'pharmacy' costs 2-3 times that BUT still usually cheaper than drinking, and if it reduces drinking, reduces time off work, makes you more productive then the cost is more than outweighed.

Key with Sinclair Method is to always take the tablet, never drink without it, be patient and be mindful. It can take up to 12 months, sometimes even longer but when it works, it works. Quite a few people I know just no longer drink, haven't done for years. They might have a drink twice a year maximum. I'm probably the only one who is totally abstinent and that's a result of my pig-headedness. I just can't risk going backwards, and black and white works for me!

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Yeah not sure the dose they prescribe there. Mine are 50mg's. 8.33$ each if I were to pay out of pocket. So the cost of a 6 pack short cans or a cheap bottle of wine here a day. In the states that would get me 8 tall cans at 8% premium at a dollar a can or twice that for 40oz of vodka. But I'd rather an AF life. I have a prescription for it; its just expensive when my benefits runs out so I need to pre plan how to work it so I can maintain it. I have likely 7 or 8 hundred dollars of it and can split it into 25's from the 50's. Or with my pill cutter I could do less. Did a search the other day an I see people use low dose naltrexone. Like a 10th of one of my pills. Could cut em all up and use them differently. Lots of ideas and a very big need to plan it all out. Naltrexone 50mg. I get them 30 days at a time at the same quantity. 130 now, 160 stock tomorrow. There is a story behind how i have some much but its for another time (I delayed using it though I filled it). I'm pushing stock in supply. Not quite sure how I'm gonna use the NAL but I'm going to daily again for now get started again and then maybe the sinclair if neccessary. Did 25 this morning, 50 again tomorrow. Did a calc quick thats 1300$ CAD in naltrexone (fits a little pill bottle), 160 pills in 50mg format. Wow that costs more than my phone. See I got the script early, cut it and relapsed and filled it before testing it so now I have some excess which is awesome in case i end up broke.

Dr. Sinclair is interesting and I really really want AF (again, because I was there for months). Thanks for your input. [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION]

$1000CAD in naltrexone.

You tell me thats not a plea to stop drinking.
                    Last edited by empyr3al; June 20, 2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

You wanna see what else I got??? I got a gangster load of anti drug/alc abuse drugs.

Mirtazapine. Gods gift to those that SNRI/SSRI's don't mesh with. Cheap.

600-700$ in Campral. You take 6 of these a day, so like 2000mg.

Not enough BAC to do anything at all. Was declined to test it because I'm using so much.

Oh and my week tray is full of outside it includes that including Vit C, B1 (150mg), B100

This is Canada. What do they do where you all are? This or our modern management of meds. Determined.
                      [MENTION=5712]Peanut[/MENTION] please look at other options if you are lost.
                      Last edited by empyr3al; June 20, 2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

So [MENTION=5712]Peanut[/MENTION] there are tons of options. The combo's and ratios all have to hit right is what I've learned.

Comment

50mg is the optimum dose for most people to cover their endorphin receptors for TSM to work.

Key to using it that way is not to drink without it, it definitely reverses.

Campral didn't do much for me.

Apologies to others here, I just can't write about this in the meds section because of the attacks.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
                            50mg is the optimum dose for most people to cover their endorphin receptors for TSM to work.

Key to using it that way is not to drink without it, it definitely reverses.

Campral didn't do much for me.

Apologies to others here, I just can't write about this in the meds section because of the attacks.

Campral seems like a joke. Nal though is super powerful. Mirt has its cross affects for anti depressant and AF. I use nearly every method of being clean besides horses (Equine?). Campral is questionable I agree and would not pay for it if I had too.

The curse of Naltrexone is that if you get seriously injured like a car accident nothing will take the pain away. The receptors are blocked.
                            [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION] is there a stigma here about using pharma and is that why theendofmyaddiction exists?
                            Last edited by empyr3al; June 25, 2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Campral seems like a joke. Nal though is super powerful. Mirt has its cross affects for anti depressant and AF. I use nearly every method of being clean besides horses (Equine?). Campral is questionable I agree and would not pay for it if I had too.

The curse of Naltrexone is that if you get seriously injured like a car accident nothing will take the pain away. The receptors are blocked.
                              [MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION] is there a stigma here about using pharma and is that why theendofmyaddiction exists?
                              There is a dedicated section for meds on this very forum.

I'm not sure why theendofmyaddiction was set up, a member here seemed to think it would be useful for only talk about meds. I signed up and gave it a go, but found it went around in the same circles - and I was fed up of being told that Baclofen is the only answer.

I also felt that there was a lot of avoidance going on.

I'm a busy person, and don't need that sort of hassle. Happy to help and support others, not happy to be denigrated or waste my time on someone elses crusade.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                              X