My husband is th Devil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband is th Devil!

ah buffy girl. you have to start somewhere. and if you aren't ready to start at AF then start at mods. you'll know soon enough if you can do that. i always think to my self and no offense to anyone. some of us are sicker than others. lol so see if the i can drink with restraint works for you yahoo girl go baby go. for sure though get all the meds and stuff cuz whatever you choose it will assist you. the book, meds god they are finally kicking in for me. and cds and kudzo, lglut aminos. all good stuff. the behavior will then be the part you get to take charge of. but at least the rest of this will be there to support you in mods behavior. it will just be the great day when having a drink or not takes up no more space in your life then if i want to polish my toes nails. now won't that just be the lemon twist you your water? until then, make a plan and then put everything around you including a plastic bat to smack yourself with and wake yourself up. lol you know arm yourself and let's get to it. and i can't count how many day ones i've had these last few months. but i can say after having 10 years of sobriety. tis possible to do girl. so it is about what is it i am committed to doing. cyber huggy taking over
    :welcome:

Comment

My husband is th Devil!

I agree with Stollies - what are HIS motives for keeping you a drunk?

Yes, you have to be strong and stick to your goals and dreams, but he needs to be told not to sabotage you every step of the way. Why would he want to do that to you?
      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

My husband is th Devil!

I'd be a little more than annoyed. My hubby (who is a typical social drinker) has not touched a drop of alcohol longer than I have because he is supportive of me. I told him at restaurants and at picnics that I don't mind but his answer is that he's doing it for me. He does not want to do anything that will jeopardize my new life-our new life-and I would do the same for him.

Although when we started our new health kick I bought his favorite cookies for the kids-hee hee~wink, wink.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

My husband is th Devil!

Buffy, when I starting here and was doing Mods, Mick would bring home 2 bottles of wine of a Friday night - and just like your situation, I would end up drinking most of it. After a few weekends of this happening, I had to sit down and really spell it out to him. I acknowledged that it was very sweet of him to be thinking of me like what I would have liked in the past, but that things have changed and a decision has been made.

I think any problem drinker would struggle, just as you did and I have in the past too.

That did put a stop to it.

You're quite clearly making great progress with managing this Buf, so feel good about yourself for that!
          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

My husband is th Devil!

i think thats what it is , ive cried so many times to bf, about how i want to stop, he says he supports me, BUT he still buys beer in the wek an expects me to b strong, instead of reducing hes been buying 24 pk as its cheaper to buy bulk!! i guess he dosent want to have to quit, he seems to think he has no problem, but im not sure, mayb he just hasent admitted it yet
            :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

My husband is th Devil!

Buffy, don't know what I can add except maybe he is afraid of change. Since Jan when I started MWO I am a very different person. My husband in the past 3 months has been drinking more, while praising me for my moderation. This weekend though he said to me "I don't think we are connecting anymore" I said is it because I'm not as much fun to you now that I don't get drunk? He didn't anwser. I just don't know what we are to do somedays we are damned if we do and damned if we don't
              Hugs
              Mar

Comment

My husband is th Devil!

Gosh, that is so insensitive of people to keep pushing alcohol onto you when they know you are trying to give up or cut down.

I would seriously question people in my life who would do such things.

I spoke with my mum last night and she started telling me about all the bad health effects associated with alcohol and for the first time, i felt like somebody was being sane about it (apart from the people here).

I think things need to change in our lives when we give up or moderate our alcohol and it is a shame to actually think that a lot of friendships and relationships have been forged through alcohol and i wonder if they really can survive without it?

That is just my 10 cts worth.

I hope you keep doing what is right for you and don't get sucked in by somebody who can't give it up themselves or who wants a partner in crime to make themselves feel better. A friend of mine once said, "misery loves company", and it has always stuck in my mind. I think that this applies to a lot of addictions.
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Re: My husband is th Devil!

My husband is retired and drinks heavily, starting around 5 pm. He will also drink after supper. I, too, had too much to drink and fell down the steps and was simply saved by God. I tripped and could not catch myself. That was 4 months ago and I have had 3 glasses of white wine since then. Period. I have lost 20 pounds and have asked to eat separately from my husband who has cheerfully complied. Now I eat early and drink gallons of decaf tea, iced and hot. I also took up knitting again, which keeps my hands busy.
                  My terrible problem was the 'cocktail' habit, which I have broken. I used to have wine every night, and I do mean every night with my husband, then we'd eat supper. But the wine made me hungry and I was snacking on high calorie food at night to calm my stomach. That's all stopped and I plan on staying sober for the rest of my life. I will probably have the occasional glass of wine, but now know that I cannot ever start the habit of every night, or even 2 nights in a row. I wish I could get my husband of 41 years to quit, but he has talked to his doctors frankly and won't quit. At least he is now drinking wine and not hard liquor. He is of Celtic origin and can handle a lot of alcohol.
                  Readytotry

Comment

Working...
                  X