pastimes anyone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pastimes anyone!!

I'm looking forward to good old yard work when I move again! and getting another bicycle, use to ride motorcycles before my back gave out. It's hard for me now due to a failed cervical fusion and lumbar discs are still a mess. But, ain't dead yet! Also just tried "ebay" lol, computers and me just aren't meant to be... not sure if I signed on to it correctly, lol. But trying to sell some stuff will be interesting to see what happens??? Also hate to read but inspirational books help!! and mostly you guys!!!! Today is chilly compared to yesterdays nice day, so housework. Happy Easter all!!!!!!

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

I almost got in trouble the other day when my Hubby heard me say, "I'm married, I'm not dead! I can still look!"
      I know he does,...his store is right across the street from the high school!

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

When I'm not too busy with my basement enemy:

1. Internet junkie
        2. Harley Rider
        3. X-Phile
        4. Avid reader

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Hey Allie!
          The "Y" here in my town has great swimming lessons for all ages and all types of people. I could not stick my head in the water in November, now I am swimming lengths. I hated it at first because I thought I was a bad swimmer. Also, I am going to be 53 years old in 3 weeks and I bet I can out blade your daughter :lol
          Too bad we are at opposite ends of the continent, I'd drop by!
          I like to be physical because as we have been reading lately, the endorphins are free, legal and harmless to us.

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

wow! camping in the mountains, show shoeing, riding harleys, kayaking down rivers and roller blading in florida!

you lot are pretty cool when you sum it all up!! i wish i could do all that.

i,m lucky if i can go fishing every now and again at a small lake near my house! it's really serene though so i can chill out, sit there for 6 hours and catch nothing but a cold!

you're pretty lucky you lot. i live in a grim northern town in the uk. i'll do a house swap with anyone living in florida any day of the week!

p.s mustn't forget the crochet!

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Hi, I used to camp but I have to say it isn't my thing I love the outdoors but love my hotel room at night. I do love to hike and golf (new to golf and determined to beat it). Love to read anything and everything. Also just love to visit with friends as much as I love to be on my own and like someone else mentioned trying to figure out what a good hobby might be.

Yvonne

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Reading: Roddy Doyle, John Irving, Tristan Egolf

Puzzles: Times Cryptic Crossword, Sudoku

Watching: Tadpoles

Tawny

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Hey Jude, the critters I get in here (East Coast) are a lot smaller than in Colorado 8) but still interesting!!

I had to laugh at "gypsy healer"--

Hugs
                  Ter

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Since we are beef cattle producers in Australia that is mymain pastime, interest and living. Any of you have cattle?
                    I'm spending more time on the boards since I am trying on my first day of abs.
                    Cheers
                    Maires
                    PS "Red Meat. Feel Good"
                    Goes very well with the red vino, unfortunately.
                    Should taste just as good with water I hope

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

One of my favourites is shooting trap.
                      AKA - yell "pull" and an orange disk is released into the air in any direction and you shoot it.
                      It's a great tension reliever because you have to clear your mind of all things and concentrate.
                      It's also not a sport that drinking is encouraged! So that's a bonus.
                      Gardening, old fashioned rug hooking, cooking, making jewellery, reading . . . doing what my 7-year-old wants to do (usually crafts).
                      All this to do and more. Be good to get back at it.

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Hubby and I are building a house. We break ground May 15th. It's not recommended to consume alcohol and run a circular saw at the same time I'm afraid.

Allie, I wish I could crochet--my mom is a whiz at it--She tried to teach me when I was a kid--I couldn't sit still long enough---my loss!

Sved

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

ummm...
                          my newest hobbies are:
                          -this site
                          -spending more time with my kids
                          -getting ready to move
                          -finding every day ways to enjoy my marriage
                          -fighting off the corkscrew (get OFF me!!)
                          -looking into beginning training for my half marathon

Bec

PS: About 4 or 5 yrs ago, hubby bought me one of those mount-on-the countertop wine openers for valentine's day. It broke 3 wks ago. COINCIDENCE??0] :eek

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Most shrinks don't believe in coincidences!:rollin Either you unconsciously broke it or it was divine intervention!:lol

Love, Kathy

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

I have just realised I have lost my pastimes, sewing, cooking, walking. How boring do I sound? My biggest problem is I didn't plan for all the kids to leave home, so when they did I didn't have anything to fill it. My biggest joys are my grandkids:rollin I LOVE them so much. I love talking to them, I love playing, swimming & having fun with them. And the best part is I get to give them back:lol It is all love and no responsibility! How cool is that. They are Gods gift for having children But I need to expand and grow as a person. Have not found that way yet but I am working on it.
                              Sharyn

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Golf

Comment

Working...
                                X