Join the Army Against Alcohol-February 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the Army Against Alcohol-February 2018

January is over and we survived...........:applouse:...............

..........and I found a sparkly white rabbit with a heart shaped nose as its Valentine's Day this month..........so pinch and a punch and all that.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-February 2018

Morning - the sun is out the sky is blue........ no - no its not - its not January - but it is February - BUT - its NOT January PTL !!!!!!
    can't sleep sod it!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      can't sleep sod it!!!
      Me neither Molly

Comment

Insomnia sucks, Tony! Sorry you are awake at 2:15 AM! It is 8:15 PM where I live.

Comment

Rusty it does... and I hate the fact it has nothing to do with tiredness.... makes no sense!
          Last edited by tonyniceday; January 31, 2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Morning night owls.
            If I'd known you were awake we could have had a pyjama party.
            Baltic outside so I hope no ones pinched my hot water bottle at work............see yous in a bit
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

After a couple of hours zzzzs off to see another house now, and another tomorrow...tomorrow's looks best but I'll wait and see...then a bit of shopping and chilax for the afternoon with a dog walk and then netflix

#proper day off

Comment

Sounds like a lovely day off - no days off here - house still full of family but Joe should be painting soon then the big move happens!!! It'll be heaven to have house quiet tbh - peace!!!!
                Last edited by mollyka; February 1, 2018, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  Sounds like a lovely day off - no days off here - house still full of family but Joe should be painting soon then the big move happens!!! It'll be heaven to have house quiet tbh - peace!!!!
                  Know the feeling Molly! Sorry you all had such crap sleep, wonder if it had anything to do with the moon. Doggies walked and just about to go into city. Meeting friends at Little museum, new exhibition on, Irish fashion designers of the 1950’s. Lunch after, looking forward to it.

Comment

Rusters that sounds like a lovely day out... well 'painting man' has appeared (he puts on the manky trousers and the hat and it's a WHOLE new personality.... nothing anyone else has to do is important!!!) so I'm guessing a couple of days we'll be more or less done.. off tomorrow so gonna escape for the day - go shopping and lunch and shit -- couldn't hack being around here with him being all important!!!!
                    right best go get ready for work... laters gaters xx

Comment

Evening folks... uhh, you all gone to your kip cos yis were all up at all hours last night?

JC - thank you for the Feb rabbit. Jeezypeeps... february already. It'll be xmas before we know it...

Hope we gets better shut eye tonight. Always hate lying in bed at 2am wide awake as a swarm of thoughts fly into and fester about my head. Admittedly sleep was never as good when i'd had a couple of drinks the night before mind. It's better now - though still do wake up, but perhaps for not as long... and I'm sure everyone's sleep is of a far better quality.

Though i do get weird dreams. Dreamt i crashed my car last night... but then there was a big car crash on the way to work last friday (why it took 6 sleeps to transpire in my dream, only know... unless my dream has other meanings...)

Molls - perfect description of a good day out: "do shopping and lunch and shit" :thumbs:

Gotta go read - procrastinating...

backinabit

Comment

Just a quickie.........just got a phone call from our Michael (feck the S&H bit) is being made redundant. Just fuckity flaming fuck.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bugger that jacks - but I'm sure he'll waltz into as good or better with all his experience ? Don't be letting them sprogs worry you so much - they are all growed up and can sort out those worries just like you did when you were their age! I refuse to get sucked in anymore - yes they can have a (temporary) roof over their heads but beyond that?? Nope - and it WILL be sorted xxx

Yes arsey just my kind of day!! Looking forward to it!

Comment

evening all,
                            Lovely days off planned. How was the exhibition [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]?
                            Hope tonight sleeps are better.. although that moon is still big and bright!!

Sorry to hear about your son [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. Fingers crossed he'll pick something up quickly. These surprises that get thrown at us can sometimes be a good thing.. new opportunities, maybe a few quid that he can bank...

Chatting to a colleague earlier, she said she goes to bed early to avoid wine.. I remember trying that too - works too cos the next day your hangover free, but then you get a license to celebrate cos you dont have a problem drinking after all , and on it goes...
                            Last edited by IamMary; February 1, 2018, 04:09 PM.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Back again

- sorry to hear about Michael there JC. That is shit news. Fingers crossed he'll very quickly find work for himself.

Banjaxed. Am such an old man - canny do evenings.

There's a works night out/celebration a week tomorrow. Cos it will be the final day in our school before moving the following week - and also saying goodbye to two members of staff. School day finishes at 3pm... and it's straight to the local Inn... for a few drinks... and if folks want to stay later food, then that's on the cards... and I'm like... ARGH!

Suspect what will happen is i'll stay for an hour with a soft drink, using excuse of running a race the next day (though not until the arvo)... but... I KNOW i just won't relax. In fact, I'd find it easier if it were actually a dinner night out - cos it's framed around a meal. But just some hours in a pub celebrating the end of an era looks like torture on the horizon!!

Just being open and honest. It's the first time I've felt this strong in going, och bugger it.

But that is then. 26 days done now. Been a while since i did that. Will be good to get to 30.

Nighters troopers.

Comment

Working...
                              X