Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Manoeuvres

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    dunno bout running in the rain but always loved swimming in the rain - smashing feeling
    Who's for singing and dancing in the rain?! Dancing in the Rain - Singin' in the Rain (7/8) Movie CLIP (1952) HD - YouTube

Molls, am here.

Had..uhm... a bit of a 'shift' shall we say on Friday. Not AL related directly, but I'm hoping a very positive shift in my mental - and physical health. Which is why i've been a bit quiet. But I'm here reading.

Stirly - so glad you popped in to let us know how you are and the crazy awful situation in Greece. Thoughts with you.

Enjoy work, doc

And, yes, jabbers - toe-knee too - where are yiz?

Back laters.

Comment

Ah here - I've done a day's work and looked forward to a good 'ol read - for Jazus' sake - where are yiz ??

I love skips so much - I'd live in one !
      Last edited by satz123; August 1, 2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

don't be givin out missus - I've been on strike on the couch ALL day
        Delighted to hear you progressed mentally Arsers -- it's funny that - I can remember days when I truly turned things round in my head but no idea WHY --- don't need to know I s'pose.. seize the day etc :hug:

How was work Benj? Haven't worked on a Sunday since I was in the bank... MANY moons ago!!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

There are reasons I don't let Mr S cook very often.
          He made dinner there this eve for the two of them.
          He fries EVERYTHING - I could smell what he was having coming up the driveway............... no the house reeks of grease & onions : yuk

Young Satz had a few drinks today Mr S thinks - he denies it - so there's a stand off between the 2 of them.
          Also said he was going up to his grandmother today - didn't.
          Sick to death of it .... he's an ungrateful, selfish little shit.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
            Had..uhm... a bit of a 'shift' shall we say on Friday. Not AL related directly, but I'm hoping a very positive shift in my mental - and physical health. Which is why i've been a bit quiet.

Oh nice one Mr D'arcey. I'm delighted for you. I know what you mean I think ..... but
            Over these parts 'a shift' means something completely different.
            I've never used the term but our country cousins are quite fond of it :haha:
            Last edited by satz123; July 29, 2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

don't be givin out missus - I've been on strike on the couch ALL day
              How was work Benj?
              Molls - yer injured & can't be doing ANYTHING - tell them all to feck off.
              Work was great - 'ol bitchface is on holiday so I get to run the show without her running telling tales - cow.
              I have to say - I love my job .... something new & not too challenging. Chatting & helping the residents & the visitors is great fun.
              Last edited by satz123; July 29, 2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                There are reasons I don't let Mr S cook very often.
                He made dinner there this eve for the two of them.
                He fries EVERYTHING - I could smell what he was having coming up the driveway............... no the house reeks of grease & onions : yuk

Young Satz had a few drinks today Mr S thinks - he denies it - so there's a stand off between the 2 of them.
                Also said he was going up to his grandmother today - didn't.
                Sick to death of it .... he's an ungrateful, selfish little shit.
                My youngest Joey - he's a lovely cheery happy young lad - EXCEPT when he's in the bad books - HATES being in trouble - now add booze into that equation and you have young Satz I'm guessing - he knows as long as he's drinking he's on the back foot with you two - so he's behaving like a child - all defensive and snarky -- doesn't make it alright - but maybe explains his behaviour -it's not that he doesn't KNOW you are right and being good etc... he just KNOWS he's wrong... and because it's grog which he hasn't broken up with - he see's no solutions... ya know??
                could I be a bit right?
                Oh nice one Mr D'arcey. I'm delighted for you. I know what you mean I think ..... but
                Over these parts 'a shift' means something completely different.
                I've never used the term but our country cousins are quite fond of it :haha:
                Never heard 'shift' in that context till we came to live out here in the sticks -- haha - great expression!!!
                Molls - yer injured & can't be doing ANYTHING - tell them all to feck off.
                Work was great - 'ol bitchface is on holiday so I get to run the show without her running telling tales - cow.
                I have to say - I love my job .... something new & not too challenging. Chatting & helping the residents & the visitors is great fun.
                Isn't it wonderful to be able to say that ('I love my job') - I feel the same and realise it's an absolute gift... if I'm transferred I'll DIE!!!!

Comment

My youngest Joey - he's a lovely cheery happy young lad - EXCEPT when he's in the bad books - HATES being in trouble - now add booze into that equation and you have young Satz I'm guessing - he knows as long as he's drinking he's on the back foot with you two - so he's behaving like a child - all defensive and snarky -- doesn't make it alright - but maybe explains his behaviour -it's not that he doesn't KNOW you are right and being good etc... he just KNOWS he's wrong... and because it's grog which he hasn't broken up with - he see's no solutions... ya know??
                  could I be a bit right?
                  Oh totally right Molls. It breaks my heart. Grog has turned him into a snivelling, deceitful, chasing his tail, person .... denying what we all know. His sister has backed away completely.
                  But I have to be tough - every time he drinks I ignore him till he gets sober again
                  I refuse to talk to him.
                  Last edited by satz123; July 29, 2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

... if I'm transferred I'll DIE!!!!
                    You won't DIE - you'll adjust as we always do and carry on :hug:

Comment

If only you could get him out from under your roof - is he working at all?

Comment

You won't DIE - you'll adjust as we always do and carry on :hug:
                        Ach I know - hate change tho!!

Comment

Morning all!

Lovely to hear so many of you love your jobs. I have a love/not so much relationship with mine. I do not like the business I am in much as it dealing with people in dire situations and by the time they get to me there is little we can do to help and I have to be tough and distance myself from their reality. But of course there are positives to the role and the company.

RC I am delighted you have had a mental shift and I hope that it brings you some peace. Would be great to hear a bit more too.

Had a lovely time with Chill yest. We got a bit drenched but had a good laugh and as always she is great company and the dogs enjoyed each other too. Both very excited about the Buddhist retreat in a couple of weeks and I am interested to see how I will feel with NO internet and no media of any kind.

I am watching a very funny series recommended by Chill about a recovering alkie called Loudermilk on Amazon Prime. Give it a go it is easy to relate to

Comment

Morning Starty and rest of youse troops.

The slightly cooler weather is LOVELY.

Loudermilk sounds good. Not got Amazon Prime, but my next door neighbour gave me her access details so will try and check it out

Heading back to my wee bat cave having spent the last 3 weeks in Perth with my folks - ostensibly to get the dissertation done (done), but the past few days have been good and I am so glad to have gone through them.

Better go pack...

Comment

Howdy! No electricity hence no internet - mobile data run out - back with electric

Comment

Evening all.......
                                Same old , same old here chez Satz.
                                Not sure where the day went - 'course I didn't get up 'till 10.30 It's my weekend remember !
                                Back to work tomorrow - off on Wednesday and then in on Friday ..... sure 'tis great altogether :applause:
                                Don't think I could work 5 days 9-5 again.

Where's Jacks ????
                                And Tabbers & Bridget ???
                                Last edited by satz123; July 30, 2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X