Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: United Nations of MWO

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] - THAT is exactly my feeling on it. If I can only have 1 or 2 I can't be arsed :haha: so I'll have none.

I wonder if they said we'll put you on a desert Island and you can have as many as you want - never have a hangover 'cos you'd be constantly topping up :egad:
    what would we do ?
    Hmm I think I might go for that! Hopefully never stranded on a desert Island.

Comment

I wonder if they said we'll put you on a desert Island and you can have as many as you want - never have a hangover 'cos you'd be constantly topping up :egad: what would we do ?
      It doesn't sound good to me anymore, Satz. I don't want to feel that dullness and lack of focus or be unable to read or hold and remember a conversation (assuming I've got books and other people on this island). The only feeling I really miss is the "rush" when I finally had (gulped) my first drink after starving myself for hours, all to increase the effect of the wine. But... I also miss the way I loved to eat red meat when I was dangerously anemic. I absolutely craved it and eating it was as rewarding as that first glass of wine. My body was screaming for iron just like my brain was screaming for something it could metabolize! It's kind of amazing what our bodies know and have ways of getting us to give them what they need (iron) or mistakenly think they need (alcohol). Just like I don't want to become anemic to enjoy meat again, I don't want to be a self-destructive addict to recapture that exquisite feeling of relief when I drank each day. Anyway, I'm gonna need my wits about me on that island!!

Comment

Yeah Sugarbabe that island sounds a tad boring :haha:

We'd end up having really intense conversations we'd forget ....
        Reading the same line over and over in the books ....
        Fall asleep having sex ..... ( was that just me ?) :haha:
        No bottle bank ......
        Furry tongue ..... till we got first drink.....
        Skin & bone 'cos we wouldn't eat ....
        Scurvy .... 'cos we wouldn't eat ......

Any more to add anyone ?
        Last edited by satz123; August 23, 2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Not remembering whether you'd had sex :egad:!

Comment

[MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] - THAT is exactly my feeling on it. If I can only have 1 or 2 I can't be arsed :haha: so I'll have none.

I wonder if they said we'll put you on a desert Island and you can have as many as you want - never have a hangover 'cos you'd be constantly topping up :egad:
            what would we do ?
            Ashamed to say I would go for it��

Comment

Actually I would be there in morning drink or no drink!

Comment

Interesting topic. I am definitely happier without the alcohol so I think I would enjoy the island much more without the drink.

So, the 27 year old from my office today came in with a horrible hangover..........it was one of those where you have the shakes and you're queasy and head hurting. She looked absolutely miserable. Not an attractive look. She actually had a breakfast burrito delivered. LOL
                I looked at her and thought to myself that was a normal morning for me. That was how I started everyday. Trying to hide the shakes, pounding head, sick stomach. I am so grateful that I don't ever have to feel like that again. :thumbsup:
                Last edited by NoraC; August 23, 2018, 08:45 PM. Reason: Typo
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

After the day I had today [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION], I’d probably be sitting right beside you...
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 23, 2018, 09:14 PM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope things get better cowboy
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                      After the day I had today [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION], I’d probably be sitting right beside you...
                      Ah Cowboy x

Today is a whole new one- here's hoping it'll be a better one for you x

Comment

Now ...... on the island there will be no moaning & groaning ............ we'll be really happy 'cos we'll have unlimited alcohol. Won't we ?

Comment

Sorry y'all, you'll have to party without me, I decided to cancel my flight lol
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            Sorry y'all, you'll have to party without me, I decided to cancel my flight lol
                            Me too - feel like vomiting at the thought

Comment

I'm going to say I'd skip the grog on the island for the reasons NS mentioned. I really don't miss the way al made me feel other than that moment NS is talking about. That first drink buzz was wonderful, and I spend all night chasing it. That description of the hangover is almost too much. I am SO glad I don't every have to feel like that again!

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
                                I'm going to say I'd skip the grog on the island for the reasons NS mentioned. I really don't miss the way al made me feel other than that moment NS is talking about. That first drink buzz was wonderful, and I spend all night chasing it. That description of the hangover is almost too much. I am SO glad I don't every have to feel like that again!
                                Something I've learnt in the last so many years is - how important detail can be.. and your post and NS before reminded me of a counselling session I had back then -- it was about how quickly we drank when we did - we all sort of said maybe 15-30 mins for the first drink in the pub - (obviously a lot less in the cupboard at home:happy2 and the 2nd one something similar -- and the 3rd one something similar... 'grand' says yer man and says no more...… next day counselling session the subject was how many drinks did we feel good after and when did we feel the fun going out of it? 3-4-5 max was the answer - after that it was chasing the buzz we all agreed -- so he sat back in his chair and just nodded 'well' says he 'you have all managed to screw up your lives so much that you have ended up in a treatment centre for addiction for ONE HOUR a day???' --- That was a lightbulb moment for me -- I probably 'knew' it - but it needed to be put in words...
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X