September Army!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Just watched two episodes of Father Ted and then the documentary on the writers...........even after all these years can still make me howl laughing.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............no, not a complete makeover.........we're not doing the kitchen........we've had it that long its back in fashion for about the third time.

Sadly can't find my wee opal pendant. I know I put it somewhere safe but cannot for the life of me remember where..........just hope when everything's back in place it'll appear. Its not worth mego money but I love it. I love opals..........my engagement ring's an opal. I've also got an opal brooch and earrings.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning troops,

Slept without getting up for my single trip to the bog through the night. Just chilling in the leaba.

Arrra' best for the run today [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] (what run is it?)

Off to dally about the tinternet -

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
        Morning troops,

Slept without getting up for my single trip to the bog through the night. Just chilling in the leaba.

Arrra' best for the run today [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] (what run is it?)

Off to dally about the tinternet -
        Good morning RC and all to come. We seem to be the early shift these days RC, I’m here chilling in the leaba on the internet too. Glad the door people not too stressful JC, enjoy your lunch with Jenny and hope you find your pendant. Hope that foot of yours is ok too Mary.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Starty and that boss is leaving. Hope Mr A is ok today Anon. Waves to everyone else. Have visitors coming for lunch today so better get up in a bit and start preparing. Enjoy your Sundays.

Comment

Morning.
          Just a quickie as zooming out the door.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Morning.
            Just a quickie as zooming out the door.
            Good for you, love. Look I've been reading back but we've just moved the parents into a retirement community and F me it's been busy!
            Good news is I am now on Holly-bums for two weeks. Yaas! Will be back.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hey folks

How are ye all?

D'Arsey sorry I missed your 50 days x well done young man! How's things going with the other? D'ya feel like you're making any headway?

Jacks- hope you've had a lovely lunch with Jenny. Tell us what ye had won't ya? My tummy is rumbling!

Starty welcome home. So glad to hear you've had such a peaceful break- just what you needed no doubt. You sound positive.

Bridgey hope you can get some of that peace for your 2 week break x
              are your parents nearer to you now? How are they settling into the retirement community?

Mary hope the Achilles is behaving and your run went well. It weren't the marathon today?

Rustop and Satz- I have memories of Toddy's bar, many moons ago I travelled with a local band down to a Paddys day parade- while they paraded rest of us sat boozing there. I would've been no more than 16 at time. Looking back even though it was great craic I feel sad that that's how I spent my teens. Such a waste.

Hi again Palo how's it going?

Great to see you again Stirly - glad you still have your special friend about x

MrsA how are things? Thinking of you and hubby x

Molls if yer reading thinking of you too x

Had a meet up and hotel stay with very good friends I trained with last night. Best group of friends anyone could wish for.
              They were a tonic for my glums but I came very close to taking a drink with them. It wasn't a fuck it but more like, ah this is mighty craic- brought me back to student days. There was no pressure from them it was all my own thoughts. We ended up discussing booze and related problems and through that I caught myself on and said if I have one it wouldn't be enough, I wouldn't want to stop. The hotel had quite a rough crowd in, night ended with fisticuffs and the Garda being called. Highly entertaining!!

Comment

Just back.

Just back.

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION].............how's about roast turkey, honeyed parsnips, bewdiful Yorkshire pudding, cabbage, roasties, carrots, and bacon wrapped around a lemon and thyme stuffing. Jenny had the pork, Mr JC lamb shank and the BF pork & beef with the same stuff I had...........superb. Its a dog friendly pub but we didn't take Bess as she's such a scrounger...........think its a Labrador trait. Nicest waitress in the world but with the loudest voice I'm surprised you didn't hear her.........and they served Fevertree tonic water........my tipple at the moment

Countryside looking all golden and brown with its Autumn outfit on looking glorious and a little bit of Rory Gallagher, Ray Davies, Guitar Heroes and Wishbone Ash all played at 11 ..........so all in all not a bad day at all. not bad at all.

Couldn't get on to MWO for a while there.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening toots
                  [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] - thanks for asking re the other site... i'm still new to it all, doing lots of reading (when I can between work and what not)... but after the initial 2-3 weeks of "yeus, i'm gonna do this." everything plateaued. I can so see, know and increasingly understand my disordered ways but the actual change at times feels insurmountable despite reallywanting to change... it's a bit jeckyll and hyde. When i gave up AL that was hard - especially 5-6 yrs ago when I lived with younger peeps who drank most nights and working in an environment that was drink-centric, but when I gave up I had to let people know - cos it was odd that I wasn't drinking. Didn;t have to say why, just that I was. But with food, it's different... in some ways there is less accountability as I live by myself and eating (which don;t worry I do do lots of, but I do restrict and the running/exercise can be done for purposes of eating - run to eat as opposed to eat to run) can be controlled in a weird way. And the mental battle I find way harder than with AL. But I'm still fighting the good fight, so gonna keep going, ODAT, trying to get better

Comment

Thought I had crashed MWO there lol!

Jacks sounds like a glorious day all round 😊 No dessert?! My friends have two chocolate labs so know what you mean about the scrounging, it's the drooling that gets me tho!

D'Arsey I have very limited insight into EDs. I admire how you're tackling it tho.. The very fact you recognise it's a problem and you want to change is half the battle, imho. Wish could be more of a support to you x
                    You will overcome it x Rome wasn't built in a day eh?

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
                      eating (which don;t worry I do do lots of, but I do restrict and the running/exercise can be done for purposes of eating - run to eat as opposed to eat to run) can be controlled in a weird way. And the mental battle I find way harder than with AL. But I'm still fighting the good fight, so gonna keep going, ODAT, trying to get better
                      Mr D'Arsey.
                      I won't pretend to know anything about your ED ( the eating one anyway) :haha:
                      My whole life has been centered on losing/maintaining weight ..... restricting / bingeing. Even when younger I was 8.7 Stone I wanted to lose the 7 lbs. Fucking ridiculous.
                      I'm now 10.7 - should be HUGE by that standard but still the same size in clothes. So I have accepted that I have heavier bones now :haha:

In my case it's vanity and a fear of fat from when I was the fat kid & fat adolescent. Fearing disproval. Still is even as an 'ol wan I like think I look ok and to be complimented.
                      ( get approval maybe ?)

Either way take care & STOP overthinking things. Live for this day ONLY. It's all we have.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Mr D'Arsey.
                        I won't pretend to know anything about your ED ( the eating one anyway) :haha:
                        My whole life has been centered on losing/maintaining weight ..... restricting / bingeing. Even when younger I was 8.7 Stone I wanted to lose the 7 lbs. Fucking ridiculous.
                        I'm now 10.7 - should be HUGE by that standard but still the same size in clothes. So I have accepted that I have heavier bones now :haha:

In my case it's vanity and a fear of fat from when I was the fat kid & fat adolescent. Fearing disproval. Still is even as an 'ol wan I like think I look ok and to be complimented.
                        ( get approval maybe ?)

Either way take care & STOP overthinking things. Live for this day ONLY. It's all we have.

Doc. You're awesome :hug:

Comment

Working...
                        X