September Army!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

oh and by the way this should inspire young lads to stay away from the gargle :

Dublin win their fourth successive All-Ireland football title

Saluting The Hill ..........

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Sorry not been around much dogs and adult children not long gone......got some very sad news this evening........Mr JC's uncle died early this evening......was having his post Sunday dinner snooze and just went to sleep forever............A lovely man, proper Geordie bloke, a neuclear physicist ( not bad for a lad brought up in the shipyards), a true gent, my oldest friend on FB he was 92. A good age but he'll be missed for a lot of things not just his wicked sense of humour.

Sorry again, I'll have a proper read back tomorrow.
      :hug:

Comment

Lol Satz! As a Down woman I would've liked to see another Ulster side win but alas not to be and tbh I've always liked the Dubs. They are some outfit as my Daddy would say! Good to see young fellas so dedicated and all amateur too. Put them soccer wans to shame!

Mary have said it before but think you're amazing to be doing the marathon. Not a wonder you're knackered tho with all the prep, full-time work, raising your family and looking after a house. Holy moly woman!

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
          Thank you [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] ... spoke to me maw and I she understands my need to see the wee one before she suddenly turns into a teen, me a geriatric and before you know it yours truly has the pallbearers called :haha: Tho I do think she is very disappointed still that they're not coming up before Dec - it was last Dec they were all in Scotland so understand her sense of being peed off. What I also find really sad is that she does;t know how my brother's a wee bit angry with her - or not trusting of her enough to tell her that his wife is pregnant, yet they tell her side of the family (well, her mum - sadly her dad and brother have both died, perhaps a reason they tell her? Or maybe they trust her not to share the news at all?). And I would hate to see the relationship between my bro and my folks become more distant as the wee one gets older. I'm sure it won't, but I dunno... I understand his frustration at maw telling peeps about SIL's pregnancy last time, but also feel for her - that he's kinda (wittingly or not) pushing her/paw ever further away.

And I mean, FFS, there's already about 500 miles between them!

Sorry, that just splurged out. And yes, Peapie, sounds really quite similar to your situation with your bro - hope you get to see your nephew enough? And that their IVF has a happy ending.

Kiddies eyes - one week to go before I am in locus parentis for 28 5yr olds :egad: Not sure what they'll see when they see me...
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4395[/ATTACH]
          D'Arsey you've fairly filled out since I last seen ya! the contacts suit you tho x

Seriously man- body dysmorphia alert. The kids will love you, I'm sure (bring plenty of treats to hand out!) Rather you than I tho, 28 kids :egad:

Ah your poor Maw- it must be hard to be so far from your only grandchild. I can't imagine.
          Could you have a chat with your bro about your concerns re the distance (not in miles) you sense? Maybe not....
          Can understand your concerns for your folks and their feelings and their relationship with your bro and his family but at end of day it is between them and you are not responsible for fixing/mending things either . They are all adults. Just thoughts really, so pay no heed if not appropriate.

I do try to visit my nephew at least monthly but haven't seen him since June. Started new job in July and then things with Daddy kinda have taken over, but it's his birthday this weekend coming so will defo try get down for the party. I wish they lived closer cos I really do miss him. FaceTime ain't the same I think....

Anyhows, must away to the leaba

Night all x

Comment

Morning!!
            Slept like a shagging log!! Eating so much think I'm going into food comas !!

Grandchildren nephews nieces etc.... Mmm can be a minefield imo - my first grandchildren were my 2nd sons and he's an awkward wee divil so from the get-go i made a decision to just be glad when I did see them and not rock the boat - and we see lots of those two - much more than I thought I would given the circumstances - d'other two - they are always around but I leave them all at it - if they are around - great - if they aren't ? Well that's ok too - but as I always say - that's just me
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sorry not been around much dogs and adult children not long gone......got some very sad news this evening........Mr JC's uncle died early this evening......was having his post Sunday dinner snooze and just went to sleep forever............A lovely man, proper Geordie bloke, a neuclear physicist ( not bad for a lad brought up in the shipyards), a true gent, my oldest friend on FB he was 92. A good age but he'll be missed for a lot of things not just his wicked sense of humour.

Sorry again, I'll have a proper read back tomorrow.
              Sorry to hear that JC. Sounds a lovely bloke. :hug:

Comment

Good morning all. Deepest sympathy JC, great age and what a lovely way to go. Well done Satz. 4 in a row, great achievement. Sounds like you are enjoying the holiday Molly. I’m sleeping so much these days but won’t complain . Better get me ass in gear as today’s a working day.

Comment

Sorry bout uncle-in-law jacks - I don't have/know any of those i think

Comment

Morning lovelies,
                    Thank you so much for the condolences. He was a lovely man.

Schools are back today so Mr JC's commute of 20 minutes over the last six/seven weeks will now double at the very least. Jenny's first day as a teacher although she doesn't face the kids until tomorrow........a triple chemistry with year nines tomorrow morning.......a baptism of fire.

Doubt we could put up with long term visitors, family or no. Me and Mr JC are so set in our ways now that it rocks our routine. Actually its not a routine its a sort of haphazard jogging along nicely.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      Sorry bout uncle-in-law jacks - I don't have/know any of those i think
                      I've still got five Aunts.........3 with dementia and two with all their buttons. I'll give you a lend of one.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've still got five Aunts.........3 with dementia and two with all their buttons. I'll give you a lend of one.
                        Oh fuck no thanks - have surreptitiously been losing relatives for years- I'll never have to say anything bout them:yay:

Comment

I've got sort of used to my two youngest -definitely part of the boomerang generation - hardly even remark anymore when they appear back ;-) other than them - no - read previous post re unwanted rellies!!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Oh bridgey WTF is right!!? Do you need to take them all in? Yer own lad I understand but......?

Joe's sister rang him last week to tell him her house was burnt down - to my SHAME my first thought was ' oh please don't want to come to mine' (thankfully she didn't but guessing there's another ' yet' in there!!!)
                            I'm just going to sell the place and do a runner Molls :harhar:
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              I'm just going to sell the place and do a runner Molls :harhar:
                              Now yer speaking my language:applouse:
                              All this MrNiceGuy (or Ms) can't be hackin it!!

Comment

Right I'm going to cook dinner and I shall return to read back.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X