September Army!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Wots orthorexic? On phone so goggling the divil an all a curse!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Over 70, skinny , healthy, sober and not too many wrinkles. Packed and ready to go to airport first thing in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Wots orthorexic? On phone so goggling the divil an all a curse!
        Get your reading glasses out........

Orthorexia: when healthy eating turns against you | Life and style | The Guardian

Originally posted by brit View Post
        Over 70, skinny , healthy, sober and not too many wrinkles. Packed and ready to go to airport first thing in the morning.
        And a wicked sense of humour............I think I've just written your Tinder profile..........

The thing is at the moment I'm at what some might say a jealous making small size 10.....I look thin, very thin.......the C-diff not only took nigh on nearly all my potassium it took nearly 40lbs of weight and my appetite as well........I'm fed up to the back teeth of people saying things .........gawd, you've lost weight..........aren't you thin...........I've even been asked if I've got cancer............friends I don't mind, well not that much.......I can just tell them to piss off...........but aquaintances what business is it of theirs. I am getting better but its going to take time. Would you believe there's even on-line forums out there in the laptop universe. I haven't joined.

Now must go and put me fat suit on and meet my old school friends.........this is going to be interesting.
        Last edited by JackieClaire; September 5, 2018, 01:45 PM.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sounds like another -ism?? The ortho thingy - tbh I used to be delighted a size 10 (I'm nigh on 6ft tall) now only too pleased to have gone up a size and if I went up another I'd not be bothered either- so long our lack of self vision is ridiculous- I was a long lank of misery as a young'un and thought I was a monster ffs

Comment

Enjoy yer night out jacks

Comment

Evening all - was at work all day - then had to retreat to my darkened room to unwind and watch CBB ....
              Off now till Saturday :yay:

YS is in court tomorrow for his DUI incident.
              All my instincts are shouting to offer to go with him - but then I'll be taking on the problem too and I don't want it.
              He needs to face the consequences of his drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Sounds like another -ism?? The ortho thingy - tbh I used to be delighted a size 10 (I'm nigh on 6ft tall) now only too pleased to have gone up a size and if I went up another I'd not be bothered either- so long our lack of self vision is ridiculous- I was a long lank of misery as a young'un and thought I was a monster ffs
                I was a fat kid and teenager. I've had to watch it all my life.
                I was size 10 for about 5 minutes in 1977 - THE most beautiful black velvet trousers ......
                Most of the time I'm now a size 12 but a wider kinda more 'solid' size 12 :haha:

Comment

Ortho-thingy - it's more than simply healthy eating, it's that it becomes disordered - like not going out, or eating at friends houses for fear of not being in control of eating "healthy" food. Hs many similarities to anorexia insomuch as it involves quite extreme restriction.
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - hope YS's day in court goes ok - and that it does;t lead to where none of us want it to lead. As hard as it may be, I think you're right to not go. But I don't have a 30-something son, so maybe not the most knowledgable?

Late night for me - out rehearsing tonight. So still awake, despite being banjaxed.

Comment

Evening all,

Banjaxed here too D'Arsey! Physically and mentally.
                    How's the rehearsals going?

Good luck to YS for tomorrow Satz. Go with your gut as to what you do x

So I must be the 'fatty' of the army! My Granny always said I was well mended. Haven't been in size 10 since school days ;(
                    Have a horrible problem of comparing myself to other girls and feeling like Incredible Hulk beside them -it's ridiculous!

Glad yer enjoying the hols Molls x

Hope you're having a fab night Jacks

Good luck for France MrsA - where do ya get the energy?

Oiche mhaith folks x snoozeville here I come....

Comment

Good morning everyone. Quick fly by to say hello and check in. Off hiking in Glendalough for the day, weather not great but looking forward to it. Catch you all later.

Comment

Morning all! Just awake!!!! maybe I need a new bed - never sleep like this at homeosteroops:
                        Enjoy Glendalough Rusters SMASHING spot!

Comment

Morning,
                          Have a lovely day, Rustleytops.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........thinking about your young 'un today, love.

Molls, don't get a mattress just stay on holiday forever

It was good last night and glad I did it and planning on doing it again. We'll go for a meal next time as it was just the pub this time. Gawd they're dismal places. Told them all about my drinking and told then all about yous lot. It still amazes me how educated people know very little about alcoholism.

Now must get dressed and nip into work.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hope it works out for the best for YS benjy - and sometimes what we perceive to be the best isn't the best if you get my drift- probably needs a right good fright xxx

Comment

Some times I think he's a spoiled brat Molls. Things always being done for him. Turning to drink when things get tough ....
                              Then I think he travelled & worked in Australia & Asia and wonder how he managed that ?
                              That's probably when the drinking escalated - trying to cope with different challenges

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Some times I think he's a spoiled brat Molls. Things always being done for him. Turning to drink when things get tough ....
                                Then I think he travelled & worked in Australia & Asia and wonder how he managed that ?
                                That's probably when the drinking escalated - trying to cope with different challenges
                                I wonder tho did he just keep moving along cos he'd blotted his copybook with circles of friends along the way? We (I -anyway!) Would do anything to maintain our drinking lifestyle so a belligerent boss/landlord/friend owed money etc would be left behind and move on to a clean slab?
                                I told you about Adams mate - identical history to your lad - did the world but ran out of drinkingbuddies and money so she's home now - haven't heard about her drinking lately but guessing her parents told her quit or out - awful waste - she was a darling - bright funny pretty privileged upbringing - she threw it away but maybe she's 'got it' now - must ask Ad when I get home

Comment

Working...
                                X