One Step at a Time - September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Also - changing the topic (because this is all about ME you know!).

Good grief weddings are exhausting these days. Only a week until the big day.
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends,hope everyone has a happy Saturday (at least try to)!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Saturday/Sunday to all!Hello Friends!

Happy Saturday/Sunday to everyone. Well, my weekend took a drastic and unexpected turn yesterday. I thought I would be relaxing and enjoying our beautiful weather but my mom had emergency surgery yesterday to remove her bad eye. A failed corneal transplant has given her nothing but pain and misery for years! The surgery went well, I spent the night with her and I will be with her until late tomorrow afternoon. She mostly rests but my brother just called her and I love him dearly but man, can he talk!!! Such a chatterbox. LOL. It is times like these that I am GRATEFUL that I do not drink. How could I possibly take care of my mother???? I never thought that I would ever feel gratitude about being sober!

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]:hug: I hope hubs is in a better mood today and you are able to enjoy your new hot tub! :-) I am so sorry your brother didn't stop by and visit you and your Mom. He probably doesn't think it's worth it since your mom doesn't know who he is anyway...but I so get your point. Men think differently than we do. I remember my next door neighbor telling me that he hated visiting his mother in the nursing home. He found it SO depressing that he stopped going to visit her altogether once her dementia got so bad that she didn't know who he was, and all he could think of was how he could be doing so much more worthwhile. I feel so badly that your work situation is so awful! [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] is right....two years will fly by...it really will. Then you can be done with those godforsaken people who don't show their appreciation for all your hard work.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-That is really scary about the car....so glad the kids are OK and you were not in that car! So you worked 30 years making mufflers?? WOW, I give you a lot of credit. You must have liked it, though? I think it would be great if you could do something musical as a second career.:happy2: That's too bad that they couldn't find a bus for the band. :-( I don't know what they did in my day...I think the band went to away games.

Glassie-I hope you are feeling better, darling! I hope you have been able to rest this weekend. Your son is getting married next weekend??? The time has sure flown! I can't believe it's been a year already that I went to Oregon for my nephew's wedding....totally frightening how fast the time goes the older we get. Is your son marrying someone wonderful?

Liz-is your niece who is getting married your twin's daughter? Your sister must feel so helpless. Addictive gaming isn't a good thing to have in common as a married couple. Your sister must appreciate having you to vent to through all of this turmoil. How is your mom doing?

Pauly-what are you up to this weekend?

OK, It's time for me to get a little work done and then it is time for a work out!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
        Last edited by Rusty; September 29, 2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Rusty - I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad that she is doing well. How long will she be in the hospital? :hug:
          And, I agree - very grateful to be sober to handle things.

Wow - Glassie, only a week until the wedding!?!?! Are you so super excited? How are you feeling?

Pauly - what are your big plans?

Bird - did you ever figure out what the tree was that was growing in your yard?
          I know that I've told this story before. But, the city was going around and putting trees in the front yards of the homes. They passed our house by and I made hubby go out and beg for a tree. So, they had to call in and get authorization because we weren't on the list. We got our tree and it was a Charlie Brown tree. Finally got to the point that it was like a single stick growing out of the ground. Finally years later, while the neighbors trees have flourished, our little tree is still trying to grow up. LOL I'll have to post pics.

What's everyone up to today? We had a caretaker (Debbie) come in. She had helped Mom to the bathroom then gone in the kitchen to fix her something to eat while Mom was in the bathroom. When she went to check on her, she found Mom in my room on the floor. :sad: Debbie said that she was sitting and leaning against the bed. My bed is tall so she must have tried to sit on it and she is not tall enough. She was very, very shaky and said she was dizzy. Debbie managed to get her up off the floor and had her sit on her walker and pushed her in here to the chair. Luckily, she is fine. Something happened because mom was wearing my clothes (which are WAY too big). She must have taken her pajama pants off while she was in the bathroom and then gone in my room and seen my shorts & shirt laying on the bed. We'll never know exactly what happened.

Hope that everyone is having a happy day/night.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora:hug:Mom's surgery was over in an hour...It was considered day surgery so she never even had to spend the night. She was home by 5:30 last night! I am sorry to hear about your mom falling! That is SO scary when that happens (I speak from experience, as you know). So glad she is OK. How frightening for her....so glad Debbie was there to get her onto her walker so she could then sit in her chair.

Comment

Hi all,
              Well I decided not to drive up to the mts. yest, but went to a park I hadn't been to and hiked. Saw 2 deer, one was young. They were not afraid. Anyway, been kinda tired lately and didn't feel like making a long drive. Decided to go to a concert at the university this aft, went there and changed my mind as I did not want to be cooped up indoors for 2 hours and thought it would be a trigger to drink. ....Rusty, wow that is fast to remove the eye! Hope she will feel better with it out. As for my old job, I did not like it, but the hours were great so....Nora, sorry your mom fell. Lucky she wasn"t hurt. Hope you are feeling better today. I did find out my tree is called a cotton rose. It is some sort of hibiscus....Liz, hope your workday went well. I never have liked working weekends.....Glassie, wow the wedding already! How exciting...hello Pauly....been feeling kinda blah. Think I am going to change up my eating habits a bit, maybe go back on that smoothie thing I was doing awhile back. I have plenty of fruits and veggies to do it with....b

Comment

Hello everyone. Lots going on here today and I am glad!
                GLassie, I don't know if you know, but I happen to love weddings! If you could and think about it, may I trouble you to email me a picture? I happened upon a wedding at the park today and kept having to pass their photo shoot which was around the lake! Made my walk so much more entertaining!
                [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], so sorry to hear about your mom! I'm sure she appreciates you being there for her! Didn't realize you had a brother, but how nice that you guys could talk with him, even if he talks a lot! Does he live far away?
                [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], sorry hubby was grumpy. I had a spat with mine the other day too. He realized how upset I was as I was leaving the house and came running to hug me and apologize, I'm pretty sure he thought I was upset enough to drink. It's ok, I win! He apologized and I'm sober. He still thinks that occasionally and I'm sure everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm good. That's scary about your mom missing the bed. Hate to tell you that's exactly how my dad fractured his femur. I glad your mom is ok though, whatever she's wearing!
                [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], yes it is my twins daughter who is marrying this person from the Internet game. She does vent to me, and I have suggested a therapist. She has a lot of hurt and anger. It's just a difficult situation in their home right now. She is trying to make the best of it.
                [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y and [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], hope you're having a good weekend.

It was a beautiful day here and I did enjoy being outside. Hope you all have a great AF night!

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] cross post. Sorry you are feeling blah. Maybe a change in diet would help with that. Hang in there and hope tomorrow will be better!

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] - I know exactly what you mean about them looking at you waiting for the other shoe to drop. Thankfully, that goes away the longer time you have. You are doing amazing and we all know it and are so very happy for you. You have gone thru so much and you went thru it sober and you also avoided the pitfall of falling into the alcohol trap afterwards. Really, really happy for you :rara::woohoo2::sendflowers::sensational:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie- details about the wedding plans please :hanging:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Jeepers - I turn my back for one second! (Ok - a few weeks) and look what happens!!

Rusty that is so sad about your mother . I hope she's Ok. (And that you are too). Nora - and the same about your mother and you. They are both so very lucky to have you both caring for them.

Liz - of course I'll send pics.

EDIT - So this is an example of what I was talking about the other day - I had to Google a 'Charlie Brown Tree"
                        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; September 30, 2018, 04:58 AM.
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good Morning!

Mom is still asleep...but not for long. So here I type. I slept right through the night last night. Wow, I feel like a million dollars.

Glassie-that is so sweet that you Googled Charlie Brown tree. Oh, we had a few of those in our house when I was growing up. My parents would buy a pre-cut (probably months before the tree was cut before being sold) Christmas tree..and we would have it two weeks and all the needles would fall off. Hence, a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. YES, please give us wedding details.
                          [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I hate that blah feeling and I hope it passes quickly. I love seeing deer when I am out walking.
                          [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]....ugh...the waiting for the other shoe to drop.:hug: Oh, how well I know that feeling. That was my sister-in-law. She wouldn't come and visit me (a 45-50 minute drive for her) as long as I was determined not to follow her insistence of going to rehab. She managed to bully my sister, mother and brother (her hubs) into thinking the same thing. She thought that would make me change my mind. Ooohhhh was she wrong!!!! She didn't get very far with my other brother in Wyoming (the one who called my Mom) or my sister's husband. To answer your question, I have an older sister and I had 3 older brothers. The oldest one passed away in 2006 of a heart attack. Second oldest brother is in Wyoming and my other brother lives about 45 minutes from me. By the way, my SIL does come and visit me now and she has for about the last 6 years or so. She is an extremely manipulative woman who is very jealous of my sister, so she does spiteful things to my sis and her kids. I keep her at arm's length. So glad hubs apologized to you and he could see how strong you were in not drinking. I am sure he will let your sisters know at some point that he is very proud of you. I am!!!!

Pauly-come out, come out wherever you are. :-)

Nora-how is the hot tub?

Ok, well, my mom is up so I better go going. Hellos to anyone I missed. Happy Sunday/Monday!!!

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty,I am sorry about your mom's eye I also didn't realize you had such a big family! Nora,glad there's help coming daily for you with your mom,what a relief Bird,hope eating better will help with your mood,sometimes we just need a reset,Liz,I'm not surprised at all that you love weddings haha,thats a sweet thing about you Glassy,I've been on the abs thread for so long listening to Mick that I can pretty much translate most of what peeps from other countries are talking about haha,Rusty I'm off to IHOP to try the pumpkin spice pancakes hate to tell you!haha,much love to all and wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rusty I'm off to IHOP to try the pumpkin spice pancakes hate to tell you!haha,
                              :heartbeat:

Comment

Rusty - how is your Mom feeling? I'm so glad that you slept thru the night. Sad that your SIL is like that. Yuck!
                                Hot tub is laying spread out on the patio. it looks like it'll be nice. Now, we're worried about our kitty clawing it. So, I'm going to have to invent some type of fencing around it. But, hopefully we'll get it set up this week. We're supposed to have rain so hubby is putting it off. (it's under the patio and has a cover but ok. He has already mentioned that he wants ME to learn how to maintain it. There went my dream of just being able to enjoy it with no work. :sosad:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X